PDA

View Full Version : Halo B + AGD detents?

afrankart
06-29-2003, 02:29 PM
*Edit* PLEASE READ MY NEXT POST
I was wondering if any of you have used a halo b on your ULE bodies with AGD detents. I was wondering because I shot around a case of paint with my ULE body, and the detent crapped out on me. This was also with an Eggo II. I was considering getting a Halo B, and I was wondering if it was any worse on the detents since it is force feed?

Ironmag
06-29-2003, 02:36 PM
I've used my E-Mag several times and have never had a problem with the detent. Even with the whole rubber bumper space thing that was happening a while back, I never had any problems.

Halliday
06-29-2003, 02:43 PM
afrankart, how tight do you have the detent? I onlu have mine finger tight. I don't have a Halo thou..........

afrankart
07-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Alright, this sucks. I just got my Halo B and was shooting in the back yard, when I noticed it was double feeding balls like crazy. Well, instead of checking my detent first (it only has less than a case thru it) I hooked up my Evo2 to see if the Halo was feeding too hard. Well, I was double feeding there too, so I replaced the detent, hooked up the Halo, and 350 shots later, another detent crapped out on me. So now, I have used both of my new detents up on a day of just practice shooting. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems, and can reccommend a better detent. I made sure that it wasn't overtightened, and I even put in a spacer from my LX kit. I don't think it is a ULE from the first batch where the detents were in too far. I also got an Omega Rail and noticed that as I got below 1500 psi, I had a lot of bolt stick. I don't know if it has anything to do with the rail, but I noticed that I had to sand a little off of the big diameter of my field strip screw and a little out of the inside of the rail bushing to get my field strip screw to go into the valve. Is this normal?

Jonesie
07-14-2003, 04:13 PM
I've used my HALO B with my ULE a few times. I did notice the other day while chronoing in my back yard that I was double feeding. Upon further investigation, I noticed that the ball had come out of my detent, leaving just the 'casing' and the spring. :(

This body did not have an extra o-ring/spacer, but I had gotten AFTER AGD had found the issue. So when I installed the replacement detent, I added an extra o-ring. As soon as I find out, I'll let you know how's it doing...

BTW - I've had TheAngelGuy recommend the ShockTech rebuilable detents. After all, the detents are Angel threaded! ;) Check them out at Shocktech's Website (http://www.buyshocktech.com/pages/shocktech/angel/balldetent.html)

Later ~ Dave

Tunaman
07-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Jonsie. The tight tolerances you speak of with the field strip screws are quite normal with aftermarket parts. Just run a drill bit through the holes with the rail and bushing mounted to the gripframe. That wil straighten it right out. Cant help ya with the detents. I havent seen any bad ones yet. Lemme know if you are still having issues and I will take a look at it for you.

wyn1370
07-14-2003, 04:20 PM
I've got an o-ring fixed ULE body. I can't use my halo B on it. If I do it doesn't even fire with every trigger pull. Works fine with my revy. Good thing it's not even my backup.

afrankart
07-14-2003, 04:23 PM
I am probably going to get some more detents, and take the frame with me to work tomorrow and drill that sucker out a little. I'll let you know if that helps or not. Thanks Tuna, that's why I like doing business with you.

Mine was doing that too, WYN it would just chuff and then I would get like 3 balls on the next shot, until they eventually filled my barrel.:D

wyn1370
07-14-2003, 04:30 PM
My lvl 10 doesn't even kick in. I just pull the trigger and nothing. After about 5-10 pulls it would fire, but if it sat for too long, you'd have to pull 5-10 times to get it going again.

fire1811
07-14-2003, 04:44 PM
halo b and xmag with agd dentents is fine for me
have about 20-30 cases of paint though it and still working fine

paintballbeaver
07-14-2003, 05:24 PM
just had my detent crap out w/ my ule it was because i had it to tight and the lvl x took it out for me ao i bout a new one spaced it and walla 2000 shots later still ok

afrankart
07-14-2003, 08:57 PM
Is that with a Halo?

Gecko
07-14-2003, 09:06 PM
old ule on my emag
never needed an oring
halo b
20+ cases not a problem

Dave
07-15-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
My lvl 10 doesn't even kick in. I just pull the trigger and nothing. After about 5-10 pulls it would fire, but if it sat for too long, you'd have to pull 5-10 times to get it going again.

Wyn, I had the EXACT same prob one day on the field w/ my level ten. I do believe it has to do w/ the spring length. It *could* possibly be due to too tight a carrier, but if you have the right size, the next size down from the last leaking one, then your right on target. Get your mag to reproduce the issue of it not firing until to pull the trigger a few times, take out the valve, cut maybe 3/4" off the spring, throw it back in, and see if the prob is still there. Let me know how it goes.

-Dave