PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Paintball Magazines

poolboy51
06-29-2003, 06:04 PM
What does everyone think, overall, are the best and worst paintball magazines?:confused:

FalconGuy016
06-29-2003, 06:06 PM
PB2X is the best overall for content in my opinion
However I like APG for all the ads and stuff :)

Johnny_Reb
06-29-2003, 06:07 PM
PGI and Pb2X are the best. Crossfire and APG are the worst.

nastymag
06-29-2003, 06:31 PM
PGI and facefull are the best.
p2x is pretty good sometimes

Crossfire and APG ... REALLLLLLLLLYYYYY SUCK !

SIGSays
06-29-2003, 06:42 PM
paintball and uhhh... p8nt?

apg and crossfire do suck.. there all redneck sniper woods mags

aaron_mag
06-29-2003, 07:04 PM
I think it depends on what you are into. I typically flip through Facefull and PB2xtremes at Fred Meyer's/Fry's (they are sold at those locations). Really good for tournament coverage.

I actually subscribe to APG and Paintball magazine, however. Sometimes I don't find anything of real interest in the articles and other times I find some really funny ones. Since alot of the articles are free lance you get a real variety. Recently either Paintball or APG had an article about a guy suffering from MS who plays paintball in his wheelchair. To me that was a really interesting human interest story. Makes you appreciate what you have.

Everyone raves about Facefull but I don't see how they are much better than other paintball magazines for techical data. The last one I looked at rated the Xmag. For accuracy the Xmag only got three out of five pluses. There was nothing in the article to support why an Xmag is less or more accurate than any other marker. The rating seemed arbitrary. I understand that rating markers is very difficult. All are limited by the ammunition we use and the 300 fps rule so alot of times it comes down to the feel and features that you personally desire. Still to rate one marker as more/less accurate without describing the criteria for your choice seems bad.

EDIT: Should note, however, that the best reviews that I have read on markers are from Ravi. I can't remember which magazine he writes for.

minimag187
06-29-2003, 07:20 PM
I have APG and it sucks, I look through the magazine and more than half of the pages are ads. Also they talk about sniping, and how to do hand signals (haha).

ie) A picture here showing a tourney/guy with a jt jersey crawling.

-The crawl is a good move---APG

Brak
06-29-2003, 07:43 PM
best: PB2X
worst: crossfire

Johnny_Reb
06-29-2003, 07:54 PM
APG is just the same thing over and over again. "Be nice to newbs" "communicate with your team" it just really gets old. The "tactics" they give you are: "stay low on the break" "snapshoot" "develop codes". Those things are kinda basic. They cover tourneys that happened months ago, I can understand if its for newbies, but how many newbs read magazines?

minimag187 was right about the pic captions. I read an article in there once where it had a picture of a girl shooting a Timmy with the above caption "***** shooting her semi-auto" A semi-auto. If I had a Timmy and was pictured in a mag Id be really depressed if it said "a boy and his semi-auto" If it was "a boy shooting his tricked out GZ Timmy autographed by Bobby Long" then I would be happy.:)

Machina123
06-29-2003, 07:55 PM
the paitnball magazine called "paintball magazine" is teh suckiest magazine ever. a friend got me a subsribition for it and i would rather use it as a torch than reading material.

i like tictacs
06-29-2003, 08:25 PM
Facefull, PGI and pb2x are my favorites. Facefull for the photography, PGI in general and pb2x for the pro input.

silentdeath55
06-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Where can I find a place to subscribe to the good ones(i.e. PB2X, and faceful)??

minimag187
06-29-2003, 08:39 PM
www.pb2x.com

or an exact place to subscribe to PB2X http://paintball2xtremes.safeshopper.com/1/cat1.htm?477

silentdeath55
06-29-2003, 08:49 PM
thanks.

Infratracide
06-29-2003, 10:55 PM
(rant) after studying APG for a research project on the history of paintball I can tell you that magazine is as useful as a pogostick in quicksand. The only way that magazine keeps from sinking is the ads they put on everyother page. out of 20 issues i found 3 articles that were useful. I still got an A though :D

Clare
06-29-2003, 11:01 PM
PGI (ofcourse, I'm a bit biased) and pb2x

DiRTyBuNNy
06-30-2003, 01:14 AM
Yes, Clare...some people know just how you got that subscription to PGI..hehehehee...

cris8762
06-30-2003, 01:21 AM
Facefull for the amazing photos they get (i love the 2k2 world cup edition, some great photos)

PB2X for their coverage on tourneys and stuff

APG is THE WORST PAINTBALL MAGAZINE I'VE EVER READ, and i had a 2 year subscription....after a few months i'd get one, look at the cover and flip thru to see if there was anything new or different then chuck it in the pile

nippinout
06-30-2003, 01:35 AM
I buy APG for the insane amount of ads and pretty pictures.

:D

superdesk2007
06-30-2003, 07:37 AM
APG is like looking at paintball stuff online except its all in one mag. I only buy it for the adds less time consuming. The articles are pretty lame.

JAM
06-30-2003, 08:31 AM
Facefull is easily the best for content and quality, pb2x is pretty good too.

I really can't stand APG at all... they run the same 4 or five articles every issue.... fluff with ads.

UltimatePaintballer
06-30-2003, 03:31 PM
There are tons of mags around for paintball. they all depend on what you play. like if your a speedball player i would say go with facefull or pgi. if your a woods or scenario go with paintball magizine or crossfire and if your recreational go with apg. but im my opionion:

BEST: facefull,pgi

ALRIGHT: paint, paintball sports

WORST: paintball magizine, apg, and crossfire

Crazy
06-30-2003, 06:50 PM
best : facefull & p8nt (chris hass is the man)
worst : APG - welcome to walmart

Clnick6
07-02-2003, 11:40 AM
OK I THINK THE BEST PAINTBALL MAG IS DEFFENATLY ACTION PURSUIT GAMES IT IS AWSOME

NOT IT SUCKS HALF THE MAG IS ADDS AND THE ARTICALS ARE ALL PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT PAINTBALL IS BECOMING WHO WANTS TO GET A PAINTBALL MAGAZINE TO READ ABOUT PEOPLE BIZNATCHING ABOUT THE SPORT WE ALL LOVE!

Nick O time
07-02-2003, 12:31 PM
i think PGI Paintball 2x and Facefull are the best mags
P8nt is okay
APG Crossfire Paintball Sports and Paintball Magazine are the worst

Meph
07-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Too bad this poll couldn't wait another year or so.

Paintball Nation magazine is about to debut in a little more than 2 weeks.

Halliday
07-02-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Machina123
the paitnball magazine called "paintball magazine" is teh suckiest magazine ever. a friend got me a subsribition for it and i would rather use it as a torch than reading material.

Well it's the thought that counts. Unless your friend thought "Sucker" when he got you that subscription. :)

Farlow
07-03-2003, 11:09 AM
Not all Snipers are rednecks. There are some of us, like me, who do not like speed ball. I live for the hunt and the look of surprise on a players face when I shoot them in the back. However, I have my own woods field and we usually play hunt/ambush style games. 8 Hours of paintball and I am lucky I shoot 500 rounds.

rhcp377
07-03-2003, 11:16 AM
yea, I like facefull for thier pictures and world wide info

I like APG cuase of all the adds and how big it is.

Automaggin2
07-03-2003, 11:24 AM
APG has to be the worst. It consist of 90% ads, and the articles are all about "How to become a better paintball sniper". All the articles are also poorly written, looks like a 2nd grader wrote most of the articles.

PB2x has really good articles, P8NT has AWESOME pictures, Facefull is also a good pictorial magazine.