PDA

View Full Version : finally got an angel

-=Squid=-
06-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Well, my parents finally broke down and let me get an angel. I bought a blue CNC 2001, came with:

Freak
Cobra bolt
KAPP Fury volumizer
KAPP breach knob
Warped Sportz crappy backplate
Dye stickies
15* ASA
NW high rise

I was basically wanting to know what the best upgrades are for it, IDC if it replaces something I alreadu have on it. Just list your favorite looking/performing upgrades, and the best trigger. Thanks for any help.

shartley
06-29-2003, 06:41 PM
You might want to try over in the Angel section of the forums here. :)

-=Squid=-
06-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Ya I realized that whenever I posted this. Sorry, im retarded, but I also want to share to the whole AO populace that I ditched that dumb freakin imp! :D

ICOM
06-29-2003, 07:50 PM
now ya gonna ditch that old angel now right? for a mag?

-=Squid=-
06-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by ICOM
now ya gonna ditch that old angel now right? for a mag?

fraid' not :D I love this thing! Hell, it tells the TEMPURATURE!

Johnny_Reb
06-29-2003, 07:56 PM
Cool, I dont 'spose you have any pictures of that beautiful thing?:)

-=Squid=-
06-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Dont worry, I will...it looks pretty sharp with the blue redz cover and blue halo b.

robertjuric
06-30-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

HEY, same reason I bought my paintball gun!! Who wants a reliable gun when it tells the temperature??

:p LOL, j/p w/ ya.

-=Squid=-
06-30-2003, 09:13 AM
Bah! Still no help.

shartley
06-30-2003, 09:24 AM

Why do I get the mental image of Robin Williams in “Good Morning Vietnam”?

“Today’s weather will be hot and sticky, with continued hot and sticky through till tomorrow… which will be hot and sticky.”

And

“It’s hot! It’s damn HOT!”

Seriously though, a thermometer in a paintball marker is as useful as a weather rock. :D And you can put one of those in your pocket and take it everywhere… can you say that about a paintball marker? ;)

Glad you like your new marker though. :)

-=Squid=-
06-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Haha...you have a good point. However, the thing IS accurate. It was only 2* off from what the car was saying, and 1* off from what the house thing was saying. I also figgured out how to make the thing make a REAL loud and obnoxious noise, but alas, I have no clue what it does.

Bolter
06-30-2003, 09:36 AM
angels are ok, I owned one once, its the after market service you get that is the best thing about it. Although I did find that no matter what upgrades I put onto it, it didn't seem to make a blind bit of difference. Volumizer? What did that actually do? Don't answer that!!

My suggestion would be to buy IR3 upgrades such as the one way gated feed thing, maybe some Speed internals for consistancy and efficiency.

Its up to you. One question though, is it broken? Cause if it isn't why are you trying to fix it?

:D

Oh and mags don't seem to break balls, let me know how the Angel gets on.......

GT
06-30-2003, 09:37 AM

I was basically wanting to know what the best upgrades are for it,

well honestly there isnt much you can do to an angel. I really like the design bolt, but as far as upgrades other than tank, hopper, and barrel most are cosmetic or just claim to be that much better.

-=Squid=-
06-30-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

well honestly there isnt much you can do to an angel. I really like the design bolt, but as far as upgrades other than tank, hopper, and barrel most are cosmetic or just claim to be that much better.

I know :D Thats basically what I meant. I have nothing better to spend my money on, so why not?

shartley
06-30-2003, 09:46 AM
You do realize how accurate it is has more to do with consistency and good paint to barrel match than anything else, right? Point being that you can get a Spyder to be as accurate as an Angel, Mag, etc. by making sure you are consistent and have good paint to barrel match. ;)

I am only saying this because I find it funny that people attribute accuracy to the marker itself, as if that is what makes it more accurate than a previous marker they owned or played with.

I am glad you like your new marker though… really. :)

-=Squid=-
06-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Ya I know that. Lol. I just want to know some upgrades! :(

shartley
06-30-2003, 10:00 AM
Ya I know that. Lol. I just want to know some upgrades! :(
Hey, no problem. But I have a question… if it works so great (which I have NO doubt it does), why the need for “upgrades”? I can see customizing it, but if it works great the way it is, I would not mess with anything other than cosmetics.

GT
06-30-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by shartley
You do realize how accurate it is has more to do with consistency and good paint to barrel match than anything else, right? Point being that you can get a Spyder to be as accurate as an Angel, Mag, etc. by making sure you are consistent and have good paint to barrel match. ;)

I am only saying this because I find it funny that people attribute accuracy to the marker itself, as if that is what makes it more accurate than a previous marker they owned or played with.

I am glad you like your new marker though… really. :)

YOU LIE!!!

Sq how about some cool anno?

jb

shartley
06-30-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi
YOU LIE!!!

Sq how about some cool anno?

jb
? :confused:

MarkM
06-30-2003, 11:23 AM
As you are set on spending money the only item to change on your current set-up is get a low rise as you have said you have a Halo to put on the Angel...they don't like high rises ;) The only Speed part that will fit is the bolt and maybe the hammer, the ram won't as the body length is shorter than the LCD. On an LCD the volumiser does nothing other than change the looks, perhaps the mini-gauge as you can then tell at a glance what the LPR is doing.

xen_100
06-30-2003, 12:13 PM
if you want to buy a part that will actually improve the gun, ditch the minireg and get something that is actualy consistant. the sidewinder or the glad are good choices.

-=Squid=-
06-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Ok, time to clarify. I only want cosmetic upgrades, other than the trigger that is. I want the most adjustable trigger :D

WARPED1
06-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Cool -=Squid=-, you'll enjoy it! Put up pics ASAP!

-=Squid=-
06-30-2003, 01:21 PM
YA thanks john. Im thinking 2 blue twisted volumizers, MABE a drenny high rise to replace the NW, not sure yet, dye blue site rail, not sure of a backplate, cobra stick trigger? I like the paintballpins.com skull package, but the site rail is a little to tall and the backplate has to be modified to fit a switch angel.

TigerMan
06-30-2003, 02:21 PM
I also figgured out how to make the thing make a REAL loud and obnoxious noise, but alas, I have no clue what it does.

Heh that's your Timer. You were prolly just messing around with whether or not to have it on Vibe or not. ;)

Basicly everything on my Angel is cosmetic. But I didn't do it, my friend did. I just bought it from him like that. :D

-=Squid=-
06-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Lol...that timer is hard...I cant figgure it out. How do I use it? Yes, I read the manual :(

GT
06-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by xen_100
if you want to buy a part that will actually improve the gun, ditch the minireg and get something that is actualy consistant. the sidewinder or the glad are good choices.

not true,
mini was desgined for the angel so why change it. all 3 of mine worked just fine with the mini?

jb

xen_100
06-30-2003, 04:16 PM
most angel owners I talk to dont like the mini reg. it is not that consitant or high flow.

the angel AIR is made for the angel too, but most people agree it is not that great of a reg. the WGP stock cocker reg was made for the cocker, again not a great reg. just because it was made for the gun doesn't mean it is the best.

but if they do the job, I guess no need to change it.

Ov3rmind
06-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Actually Xen the stock Cocker reg is great. The only reasons it is so unpopular are because it's ugly and it's not externally adjustable (big bad). You can buy a cap thingy from AKA to make it externally adjustable though, and in the end it's a pretty consistant and reliable reg.

xen_100
06-30-2003, 06:09 PM
I'll stand by statement. have seen many of them cause shootdown on spyders.

www.pbstar.com did a review on it too. they said the same thing. slow recharge.

-=Squid=-
06-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Performance wise, stock cocker regs are the same as blackmagic/ergo regs.

deathstalker
06-30-2003, 11:25 PM
I disagree with you, too, xen. Someone over at A.I.R tested a few regs and a stock 'cocker reg had less drop-off than a Glad and recharged faster than a Sidewinder.