PDA

View Full Version : Low Pressure Mag?

NykC
06-29-2003, 10:24 PM
What does it take to make a mag run on low pressure? Just a low pressure reg? I just bought a low black magic reg, will that even work on my gun?

AdrenalineMag
06-29-2003, 10:38 PM
you shouldnt really put a vertical reg on a mag, it will basically just starve it for gas unless you use the right settings. The valve itself needs about 800 psi to be running into it for it to work properly (the internal AIR regulator breaks it down from there to firing pressure). in some odd cases people have gutted out the AIR valve to use other regulators (low pressure) but this takes very much knowledge and work.

So basically your low pressure reg will not work on a mag unless you change it over to a high pressure reg and run about 1000 or more psi from your tank and lower that to near 800 from your reg then into the gun valve. this is pointless because all you would be doing is lowering the number of consistant shots you can get from your tank.

the main advantadge of low pressure & it's bragging right to many cocker & s.p. guns is that the bolt uses such little pressure it makes it hard to chop balls. this can be done only better with a mag through the use of level 10 (see other posts). other than that low pressure = high volume which means less shots from your tank.

hope you had fun reading my small novel and i hope it helped you out. basically what im saying is its pointless to get a lp reg for an automag, your better putting your money elsewhere (i.e. level 10, intelliframe, x-valve, etc.)