PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

-Carnifex-
06-30-2003, 02:00 AM
Why is it that cockers are more accurate?

What exactly is blowback?

Most importantly, which Intimidator should I buy and why?

Thanks.

Koosh
06-30-2003, 02:29 AM
Cockers are not more accurate. Blah Blah Blah, Paint to barrel match, Blah Blah Blah, Consistency. There ya go.

When Cockers and other closed bolt guns first came out, the whole paint-to-barrel match thing wasn't really known. But the guys with closed bolt were one step ahead, because if it were too loose the ball would just roll out, so they had to have a good paint to barrel match to begin with. Thats just my theory.

Blowback. When firing a gun, it is the gas that does not go down the barrel, but all around the bolt and back up through the feed tube, making the next balls "bopple" (the technical term) up, delaying feeding. This is taken care of with any force-feed loader, or the power feed, which can vent the gas before it can disrupt the ball stack.

Intimidator. Just wait and see. Come to the AO CO day on the 26th, we'll get ya straightened out (at least 1 emag and 1 Xmag will be there!):D :) :D

wobbles82
06-30-2003, 02:31 AM
Your a senior member and your asking this kinda stuff? :D Ill give you my breakdown of the accuracy, people tend to think that the cocker is more accurate because it is closed bolt, which has nothing to do with it. The fact is, the cocker is built so there is little to no recoil, if you have a marker that doesnt move when shooting, then why wouldnt it be accurate? But then again...mags also have very little to no recoil, so they are pretty much the same in accuracy concepts. (As with all other guns that posess the same characteristics, e.g. the Matrix very little recoil, the Timmy not much, etc.) Just remember a mag doesnt use a ram and pneus to get the concept down, its just the valve doing all of that so its quite amazing. (As most other guns that have little recoil are now low pressure to reduce the amount of recoil brought back to the marker after firing) Blowback is well...I would say its when you have recoil thats the best way to describe it. Blowback is when the bolt must return back to an open state where a ball can load and then be shot. This method results in recoil and less accuracy mainly because the bolt slamming back into position normally causes quite a bit of recoil, or as they say, blowback. And as for the Timmy, I like em all, but I would prefer the Lasoya IMO. I love the milling, its nice and sharp, and the speed on it is just amazing. If ya have the cash though....get that damn Shocktech Timmy, they are beautifully made. No barrel though, heh. Hope that helps! Whew.