PDA

View Full Version : Emag battery problem, please help.

shadow462
06-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey all, I'll try to keep this short. As of this past weekend, when I try to charge my battery it gets INCREDIBLY hot after about 45 minutes-90 minutes (I burned the hades out of my laft hand). The light is still red at this point. My first thought is obviously overcharging, but when I affix the battery to the gun (after it's cooled off) and play for the day, I get the "Low Battery" warning after only 2200 shots. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

John

Dayspring
06-30-2003, 11:28 AM
Put the battery on the charger for an hour or so. Check the battery with a volt meter. If it reads ANYTHING below 17v, the battery is bad.

The whole heating up is leading me to believe that as well.

shadow462
07-29-2003, 06:17 PM
I tried charging it again, and it read about 18.3 after an hour. The charger is putting out about 22. Same problem persists. Thanks

John

Halliday
07-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Good luck. Not the first time I have heard of problems with AGD's "quality" chargers.

Hope someone knows the answer.

rdb123
07-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Hmmmm, I had the same problem with my battery...I'd be interested in knowing exactly how you solve this problem too. Too bad my battery is probably destroyed due to that massive water damage my SFL sustained earlier. Oh well.

Sometimes I remember that after 30min of charging that battery, the light would turn green and the battery would be very hot as well. However, when I placed it on the gun and shot a case, it would say low battery again. Weird.

shadow462
07-30-2003, 07:30 PM
My light never turns green, even when the voltage is where it should be switching to trickle (i think this is why it's overheating).

Boothhead
08-01-2003, 10:47 PM
I had this same problem and then I relized that when u dismantle the battery housing it can be fliped over.
This means that the battery can also fit in the opposite way.

Take the housing appart and flip the middle(largest piece) over, so what was the top is now the bottom and what was the bottom is now the top The battery should now fit in opposide to how it did before.

This should fix your problem.

shadow462
08-01-2003, 10:49 PM
boot, I'll try that
can you snap me a pic of how it should be?
john

Boothhead
08-02-2003, 02:06 AM
There is really no need to take a picture.
When you look at the two wires comming from the battery one should be red and one black.
The connection the black(negative) wire leads to should be closer to the front of the gun and the red(positive) closer to the back.
If it's already like this try the opposite, ya never know maybe they just randomly attached the wires. I highly doubt that though.

So red should be at back, and black at front, that should work.

If you don't understand what I'm saying I will probably mock you a little then take the pictures you requested.

Best of Luck

shadow462
08-02-2003, 03:19 PM
thanks a lot boot, I'll try it and get back to you

sniper1rfa
08-02-2003, 04:26 PM
sounds like both your battery and charger are crapped..

the charger does not trickle when the battery reaches a specific voltage. rather, it switches when the voltage drops due to a full charge. With NiMH batteries, this drop is very small (.02V or so), hence the reliability issues with AGD chargers. and any other NiMH fast charger that doesnt use ∆T.

Sounds like your charger broke, and in turn destroyed your battery. Call AGD.