PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done

vector9
06-30-2003, 08:30 PM
i have an angel lcd and a spare entity trigger for a matrix.... i noticed how they were quite similar except a few things. i need to have the end of the matrix trigger cut off.....and a new hole drilled and tapped for a set screw to adjust back play in the pull. other than that its fine.

here is the original trigger

vector9
06-30-2003, 08:30 PM
here is what i need done

robertjuric
06-30-2003, 09:03 PM
Ya that looks easy, theyd just take a saw, cut it, drill the hole, and tap it. Shouldnt be a problem for any machinist.

vector9
06-30-2003, 09:08 PM
ok thanks.......now alls i need is some info on what thread and size the set screws are they use in lcd triggers.....

Blazestorm
07-04-2003, 04:36 AM
just check your current trigger and ask your hardware store :D

vector9
07-04-2003, 08:08 AM
mod has been done........i took a dremel and cut of the back piece.......took a drill and a bit the next size up from 1/8 (i forget what it is lol) drilled the hole then took the ss set screw and screwed it in there and it threaded it.....i had to keep backing it out to clean the shavings but its all good and works great.

TheJester
07-05-2003, 10:48 PM
yea, you do have to back taps out about every turn to break the chips. so how's the trigger workin?

vector9
07-06-2003, 08:19 AM
its working fine.....cant rake it like i could in my bro's trix but thats because the trigger sits in a slightly different position which helps you rake it fast but its working good....i shimmed it out and had to file the trigger some cuz it would fit 1 shimm but needed 2 shimms....but its working great for now..ill have to mess with it some more after playing today.......if anyone wants some pics id be happy to post them lol.