PDA

View Full Version : sideline on mag

Elwood
06-30-2003, 09:47 PM
I am disappointed im my mag's consistency, even though I just installed a new reg seat. How do I gut the air so my palmers sideline stabilizer is the primary reg? Can I just turn the pressure on the air all the way up then adjust the velocity with the stabilizer?

Sparks
06-30-2003, 10:04 PM
just take out the reg seat, reg pin and the spring under the pin. Then you'll have completely disabled the mag's reg.

Automag88
06-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Are you using nitro or co2?

Koosh
06-30-2003, 10:07 PM
to gut the reg all you need to do is remove the Reg Seat and Reg Pin (the thing that looks like a german hand grenade). After you gut the reg you don't need to touch the back of the AIR reg anymore, it won't do anything.

I did this once just to see if it would work, but never played a game with it, or chronoed to see if the consistency got any better. Make sure you turn the Stabilizer all the way down (screw it out) and slowly bring it up so you don't blow any on/off or Powertube/Lx o-rings.

FalconGuy016
06-30-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Automag88
Are you using nitro or co2?

Thats a big difference

Elwood
07-01-2003, 07:59 PM
nitro

Automag88
07-02-2003, 08:00 AM
If you're running Nitro the sideline is one reg too many. There's already a reg on your tank and one on your gun, that's two regs right there, a third one will just starve the gun of air.

ShooterJM
07-02-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Automag88
If you're running Nitro the sideline is one reg too many. There's already a reg on your tank and one on your gun, that's two regs right there, a third one will just starve the gun of air.

He's planning on removing the A.I.R. reg and replacing it with the stabalizer. He'd only be double regging it.

Muzikman
07-02-2003, 09:52 AM
But if he is currently running the sideline then he currently is triple regged, this might be the cause of his inconsistancy.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
07-02-2003, 02:39 PM
and dont get rid of the internal reg, its one of the best regs that is available, i believe its basically the same reg, used on the some of the air america tanks.

Elwood
07-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the replies. To answer your questions, I dont run the sideline with the air. I gutted the air and then put the sideline on it. Also, what, besides the reg seat, could cause such inconsistencies(+/- 20)? The spring under the pin is a little disfigured.
Thanks.