PDA

View Full Version : rt, retro, Xvalve, Chrono questions.

GT
07-01-2003, 10:26 AM
Well I had a few questions comments and experiments for teh general AO popultion concerning the current RT chrono techinque.

I posted this:

Originally posted by gtrsi
as with most debates lets look at the big picture.

300fps is found to have a reasonable level or risk in regards to body and equipment impacts, less post BE revys :). In any case lets quantify the level of "shootup"

take home message is are we talking about 5fps increase or 50?
Take that finite number subtract from 300 and you now have a chrono limit for retro's.

Or, I am really thinking about makeing a sleeper valve just to avoid prosacution(sp, real bad sp)

jb

and this is the response.

Originally posted by AlabamaMan
Two weekends ago i was playing in a tounament. I chronod onto the field just firing in E mode. Speed was right around 280 fps. During the course of the game I shot, four 160 round pods, and most of my hopper. When I came to chrono off the field my three shots went 323, 317, 329. Cost my team 44 points for a hot gun. In the end that took us from fourth place to sixth. From now on I think I will be useing the RT chrono proceedure.

So the question is: What kind of velocity changes are there bewteen chrono'ing the tradtional RT way and chrono'ing like any other gun?

It kind of scares me that we jump around and claim that the RT shoots so fast w/o drop off, however if the velocity ramps as a function of the RT valve then we actuall do get drop off prior to rapid fire, very simliar to the first shot on some markers that just roles out of the barrel.

thoughts? comments? and data? please.

jb

nippinout
07-01-2003, 10:52 AM
It is dependent on input pressure.

Low input, around 650psi or so, will result in low reactivity.

High input will result in high reactivity.

Each gun is different and it would be too difficult to implement something of the sort. The RT chrono procedure isn't all that complicated. With the suggest method, no one would know their actual velocity unless they did use the regular chrono procedure for RT guns.

GT
07-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by nippinout

Each gun is different and it would be too difficult to implement something of the sort.velocity unless they did use the regular chrono procedure for RT guns.

thanks for the reply but that isnt what i was asking. just wondering what the fps difference is bewteen the 2 chrono procedures are.

jb