PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Arts Full throttle wanted

bornl33t
07-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Anyone remember the old lucas arts classics like "Full throttle" and "Sam and Max hit the road", "Day of the tentacle"??

I just got to reminissing about them and I REALLY want to play them again... the only thing is ...a few months ago I tried and couldn't get them to run so I threw them away :(

I know stupid, but anyway I think I got a way to make them work but no CD's. Anyone got some CD's for me? Sam'n Max and Full throttle??

OH and I did some research. Lucas arts no longer supports any of those old titles BUT 2004 is the sceduled release for Full Throttle: Hell on wheels and Sam and Max II. That's right they are making sequels.... BUT from the screenshots I've seen... it's going to be crapy.

I have been VERY disapointed with the lastest line of lucas arts games. So much so that I quick going to their website to check for new stuff. And this looks REALLY BAD. The graphics are now 3-d. I think we can all agree that 3d graphics haven't evolved yet to a point where they hold their own personality. It's just cartoonish. Also the make of the previous Full throttle , Tim Shaffer is no longer with Lucas arts and the voice of Ben is from what I understand 6 feet under :(

I'm really really really afraid these sequels will be a HUGE disgrace to the originals.

e mag
07-01-2003, 06:22 PM
its really cheap on ebay

-=Squid=-
07-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Man, I loved sam and max. I played it all the time, and like you, just recently attempted to find the disks. But to no avail, they are lost. I even attempted kazaa'ing it, but it has some helacious anti-pirate protection :( I lead a sad, sad life :(

Jonneh
07-01-2003, 11:26 PM
Just keep telling yourself, the Monkey Island series ended at 2, maybe they'll just go away.

Kai
07-02-2003, 01:02 AM
Full Throttle used to be my favorite game. I wonder if I have that CD lying around somewhere...

I will get back to you, later.

pbzmag
07-02-2003, 01:15 AM
I too have been disappointed by the latest games. SW-StarFighter really disappointed me in the gameplay. The only ones that really were great were the old DOS games. My favorite ones were the X-Wing and the Tie-Fighter games. Around a year ago, I replayed X-Wing Alliance and was really impressed with the detailed graphics on my 1800+ XP system. I previously played it on a Gateway G300 system. The newer games has great graphics but the gameplay was always on a set flight path that you were forced to use.

bornl33t
07-02-2003, 05:09 AM
lol in other news... I found the entire FT sounds track by the gone jackals and I didn't even need Kazaa to find it :D

it's ok to surf the web with but I'd never buy it or listen to it in my car.... hair metall bands are just discusting.... but Gone Jackals gets an exemtion pass for the TF sound track :D

If anyone is looking for ANYTHING from FT let me know... I've been surfing for about 6 hours and have everything from screen shoots, to mid files, anything that is STILL out there :D

Kai
07-03-2003, 01:17 PM
I just found my copy of Full Throttle. Lemme know if you want me to ship it your way.

-=Squid=-
07-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Kai
I just found my copy of Full Throttle. Lemme know if you want me to ship it your way.

:eek: Me me me!!!! Pleeeease!:eek:

Kai
07-03-2003, 05:50 PM
Heat has first dibs.

bornl33t
07-03-2003, 06:16 PM
OMG... heck yeah! I'll take it.

Fatjon
07-03-2003, 08:44 PM
haha i remember that game. I still have it laying around some where. Hell who knows where in my mass of computer games.

bornl33t
07-04-2003, 05:29 AM
let me tell you, they don't make em like they used too....

seriously. moveis and games suffer from the same graphics polution. They try to interest as many ppl as possible, so everything looses it's caracter and is replaced with COOL graphics and bunchges of fluff... the game is lost... think about the games you play nowadays? Cs.. oh yeah, lots of story.. more like lots of hackers.

The art of getting ppl "into" a game has been los.

Jonneh
07-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Any problems running the old lucasarts adventure games on modern machines can be solved using SCUMMVM (http://www.scummvm.org/).
It's a windows virtual machine that emulates the SCUMM environment and works near flawlessly on any game you care to try it on. I've played through both monkey island games, Sam and Max, and Day of the Tentacle with no problems at all. There is also a nice set of graphical filters, so you can make the games look a bit better . Very good program.

alkafluence
07-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Also, if you are looking for these type of games. Lucasarts tends to sell "collection packs" of their old games, which have alot of the classics bundled together.

I've seen them on their site previously, but haven't checked in a while.

Classic Monkey Island is still a great!

Dryden
07-05-2003, 01:00 AM
If anyone is looking to buy/trade, I've got a copy of Full Throttle and the strategy guide to go with it.

LMK :)

-=Squid=-
07-05-2003, 01:35 PM
What do you want for just the game?

Dryden
07-06-2003, 12:20 PM
They go for about $10/$12 new-in-box on eBay, so I'd guess about $5 plus another $4 for priority shipping. The CD has been in one of my software binders for the past 6 or 7 years, so I do not have the original manuals or jewel case inserts. Just looking for a few bucks to line my PayPal account with. :)

So I'd say $9 total for CD only, $15 for CD and strategy book.

PM me if interested.

bornl33t
07-06-2003, 06:59 PM
dang this is wicked cool. Didn't think there were so many old school lucas arts enthusiasts.. rawk on!