PDA

View Full Version : DYE ultralite cocker

nitewolf_9
07-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Hey, just wondering if anyone has any experience with dye ultralite cockers (or reflexes for that matter). I know they look like a million bucks, but how do they perform? I didn't get a chance to shoot one at the field this weekend like I planned, so any input from anyone who has shot them will be appreciated. (Buying Grey_goose's ultralite).
This is gonna be my first cocker experience, and I plan on eventually ebladeing it.

lew
07-01-2003, 08:00 PM
I've seen a lot at my local store for service/repairs. Not a good indication. Their moving parts tend to suck. I would not recomend it if it is going to be your first Cocker. Go with a stock Cocker and upgrade it to your liking. You will probably end up spending less and have a gun that is more suited to your preferences.

No sKiLLz
07-01-2003, 08:51 PM
I agree fully. You would be paying for the name, and as far as flashy goes you will only impress noobs. Anyone who plays for real will think you are a poser. If you have bucks, look at freeflow cockers, or just get a stock wgp and get the E-blade (IMO go w/ the FreeFlow).

Daroy99
07-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Is goose selling you is race with it also? He played all day without a problem with that cocker. He used to have a blue one, and it was superlight and the trigger pull was nice. I don't know about all ultralights, but goose's works fine...

Sparks
07-01-2003, 08:56 PM
since i'd say 2001 it doesn't really matter which cocker you buy, because they've all got all the traditional cocker problems fixed and they all have decent triggers. pick the prettiest one with the best price/pretty ratio.

No sKiLLz
07-01-2003, 08:58 PM
I'd go Krusher before DYE. That would save a couple of bucks.

wobbles82
07-01-2003, 10:43 PM
I have had nothing but bad experiences. A few guys on my team had them, the creamsickle annoeing, they really did look beautiful. But man...every part on these guns had to be replaced CONSTANTLY we called them vodoo cockers, every part, every e-trigger, every hinge, every pneus, everything has been put on these things and they still gave crazy problems. I wouldnt recommend these at all, its not like it was one bad fluky one, it was like three. Eventually we got rid of em for MacDev E-Racers, not many problems there but hey...they are cockers nonetheless. I would recommend something else, I know Orracles are only running 700 brand spanking new now....:D . Emags are a bit under 800....:D :D :D :D :D :D .

Crazy
07-03-2003, 11:50 AM
with it coming from grey goose, most likely it will be in top working condition, like all of the other guns he sells.