PDA

View Full Version : Crazy hopper idea

XVFrontplayer
07-02-2003, 03:29 PM
what i have here is an idea for a evo/warp combo. The paddals nock balls into the warp discs. then the discs drag the balls into the gun. Tell me what you think.

WickeDKlowN
07-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Isn't that similar to how the halo works?

XVFrontplayer
07-02-2003, 04:31 PM
no not really. i a halo there is just a platform that spins and shoves them into a feed neck. But with this idea there are paddals like in a evilution and then warp discs brining the balls from the paddals almost directly into the gun.(the warp discs almost take up all of the "feed neck"

Thorpydo
07-02-2003, 05:48 PM
What's the advantage? :rolleyes:

bigger, more costly, heavier

SI|ENT|3O|3
07-02-2003, 06:08 PM
that would be cool, if it mounted on the side of the gun like a warp. if it did, i might go back to that setup, it would make the "warp" much lighter.
-sebastian

XVFrontplayer
07-02-2003, 07:46 PM
in response to thorp, yes it might be expensive and yes it will be hever than other hoppers. But it will only be as large as an evi. i drew some more up so here you go. it is a cut away of the hopper(note that it has no electonics or motors.(the green box represnts the gears for the paddels). also the advantage of this hopper would be the speed. with the warp discs it would be capable of speeds limited to the speeds of the discs althogh the paddels would paly a part in this. but im sure there can be a way to speed up the paddels. I suppose this hopper would be great to feed guns for short very fast bursts of paint.(unlmited speed for balls entering and in stack):rolleyes:

XVFrontplayer
07-02-2003, 07:47 PM
oh junk i for got the attachment here

Thorpydo
07-02-2003, 09:14 PM
The speed of the hopper will be as fast as the slowest point. If the front spinner feeds 20 bps and the back spinner only at 10 bps, then the hopper will feed at 10 bps. It doesnt matter that the front spinner is super fast, it can only do something with the balls it has, and it only has 10 bps. Likewise, with the faster/slower spinner in the opposite order, the same type of thing happens.

I guess a good analogy would be a pipping system. The flow is determined by the bottleneck, the most restrictive part.

Carpecerevisi
07-03-2003, 01:39 AM
Make it as fast as a warp and be able to mount on the sides or even UNDER the marker, with a nice pipe system...and awww yeah. Id buy it...just cuz itd be smaller...Im trying to make some of the most compact guns ever known...

sneakyhacker420
07-04-2003, 07:35 PM
almost as crazy as this hopper :eek:

FalconGuy016
07-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Its like a mini warp hopper thing

Make sure you allow the balls to stack on the wheel even if there is a space in there
Dont listen to these people :) Just go make one

Thorpydo
07-05-2003, 11:03 AM
There should be some sense in a project. IMO...

Corkscrew looks interesting(assuming thats what that is). Seems like it could be a paint blender. Whats keeping the balls all the way on the tracks and not coming halfway out.

EDIT: Projects are great, but I'd find a good one first.

sneakyhacker420
07-05-2003, 06:17 PM
it was a patent photo of a Zap prototype loader... i can see why it was never marketed... can you say "blender"? :p

shinobidice
07-06-2003, 10:02 AM
Spyder Sonix er i mean Blender ;)

the warp hopper like thing would be cool if AGD made it, they would have a unique hopper for thier guns, with the warp inside the hopper, although a little smaller still could sell as a warpfeed just a little smaller and you wouldnt need another hopper for it

SIGSays
07-06-2003, 08:43 PM
i wish i had all that spare time

XVFrontplayer
07-06-2003, 08:49 PM
thanks for the feedback guys. maybe once i get some connections and some money ill try to build it. in the meantime if someone wants to uses the idea go ahead just give me a cut if you make out big time..haha just kiddin

poolshark5226
07-13-2003, 10:02 PM
It looks pretty promising for pure speed, but if you want to keep it as small as an eggy and still cram all of those paddles and motors and gears etc in there, its only gonna hold like 50 balls

Derman2k
07-13-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
almost as crazy as this hopper :eek:

That looks like a more sophisticated VL Quantum;)