PDA

View Full Version : NY ballers

TippmannMan
07-02-2003, 03:50 PM
ill be going up to NY for college this fall and i had a few questions about some gun (paintball markers included) restrictions ive heard about? well thats the question basically what is up with the laws in NY and do they affect paintball players in any way? ive seen tons of fields in NY so i dont know whats going on. thanks in advance

Vendetta
07-02-2003, 04:13 PM
Are you going to be in New York City, or just New York State. In the city we are suppose to have some sort of licence to have a PBgun. Ogre55 was looking into it.

TheJester
07-02-2003, 04:17 PM
well i'm in NY, not the city though (if i'm corrrect there's an all out ban in the city...yet they hold tournies there hmmmm:confused: )but we have a grand time playin, unless we're all breakin the law and we don't know it, or it doesn't restrict us. but seeing that there was a block party type thing not too long ago and i was helping watch the paintball store, and i walked down the side walk, passing 2 sherif's, w/ my mag tank and hopper on, fully loaded and they didn't even look at me funny...i think it's ok.

by the way, i was taking my gun down to our demo booth in the alley behind the store, which was netted off, masks were required while in the booth, i had my barrel pointing towards the ground, and a condom on it, safety on as well (not that they would know that i had the safety on), so i wasn't being stupid about it.

NJPaint
07-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Long Island is clear... played there 2 weekends ago... Not sure about the city... though I probobly should since I have to drive through it to get to LI

TippmannMan
07-02-2003, 04:29 PM
well ill be in NYC. thanks for the name referral i completely forgot about searching.

Tobe2be
07-02-2003, 04:58 PM
i live in the city and ther has never been any type of tourney in the city.... you can have the gun but you should be exposing it in the public. i usually carry mine in a back pack or hard case. and if you ever get stoped for it call it a PAINTBALL MARKER not GUN. Some cops are pains but you should be aight if you dont act stupid.

MoBiLe
07-02-2003, 07:17 PM
well i live in the bronx
cant get more new york than that
carrying a paintball marker in the middle of the street isnt recommended
the cops will likely shoot you down
lol
just do wat tobe2be said and you should be fine

TheBigRaguPB4L
07-02-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't even be in possession of it while in the city but i could be wrong about that. Only way you're going to get in trouble anyways is if you're brandeshing it in the middle of the street so just don't be stupid. Anywhere else in NY, i'm pretty sure, is good though.

Vendetta
07-03-2003, 08:52 AM
well i live in the bronx
cant get more new york than that
carrying a paintball marker in the middle of the street isnt recommended
the cops will likely shoot you down

All you need is a wallet in your hand to get shot in the Bronx.

There is a field on Staten Island. They also have a shop. I think there website is http://www.sipaintball.com

veteranmag
07-03-2003, 09:16 AM
As I recall, the New York City criminal code defines a "firearm" in a very broad manner to include anything that fires a projectile by any means (including by compressed air). This would include bb guns and paintball guns.

A few months ago there was a big case where sports authority got busted for selling tippmann 98 for a separate violation for selling "toys" that look like guns.

Having said that, I still can not figure out how Staten Island Paintball field ever got its license to operate.

Bottom line is when your're in NYC, you should just keep your equipment out of sight at all times and be responsible. Otherwise, you could get your equipment confiscated - or worse.

JT2002
07-03-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by veteranmag
Bottom line is when your're in NYC, you should just keep your equipment out of sight at all
that line works for fireworks too! ;) :rolleyes: :D :cool:

actually, it is perfectly legal to hold a pb tourny in the city IF it is being held at a private place, like a stadium or something. the city will never allow a pb tourny in any sort of park or other public place

TippmannMan
07-03-2003, 03:31 PM
ok so basically as long as i dont do anything stupid (just like i dont do here in VA :))it would be fine to possess it in NYC and then use it to play outside of NYC or perhaps that SI field? cool. thanks for the info fellas

MoBiLe
07-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Vendetta

All you need is a wallet in your hand to get shot in the Bronx.

ya basically anything in your hand that looks dangerous
like say, a bananana :D