PDA

View Full Version : Macro Lines

blackdragunsblood
07-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Hey i notice that alot of people like macro lines and i just cant figure it out because everygun i have had them on just leaks and causes me so much trouble and i was wondering why people like them so much and how to get them to seal up.

Taylor

robertjuric
07-02-2003, 10:35 PM
I assume everyone likes them b/c they are the "in" thing. Also they come in colors. But just stick w/ SS Hose. Macro is blah.

blackdragunsblood
07-02-2003, 10:39 PM
yeah i agree with you about that but i dont see why they cant spray paint there ss lines.

robertjuric
07-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Haha, paint SS hose?? SS hose is braided, which means its flexible. That paint wouldnt last long.

blackdragunsblood
07-02-2003, 10:49 PM
carry alot of paint with you or something but o well i like them better i stil want to know how to seal them because i have one on my gun but i dont have the money right now to put one on my gun so i will have to wait and find a way to seal mine.

robertjuric
07-02-2003, 11:00 PM
Cant really help you there, Ive never used macro.

blackdragunsblood
07-02-2003, 11:01 PM
o ok

if there is anyone out there that knows please helps me out.

WickeDKlowN
07-02-2003, 11:41 PM
don't forget macro explodes, I hate that ****. Happened to me WAY too many times.

I just put heat-shrink tubing on my SS to make it look black...

and in your sig, it says Angel Speed- $1500, they are more like $900 lol. you could almost get 2 for 1500...

robertjuric
07-03-2003, 01:15 AM
Never thought of heat shrink tubing, has it worked good so far??

Can you shrink it w/ a blow dryer? I dont feel like buying a heat gun. Ive been wanting to use heatshrink for my electronics instead of electrical tape,but not sure if I needed heat gun or not.

Carpecerevisi
07-03-2003, 01:36 AM
U can shrink it with a regular old ciggy lighter. Just keep the flame under the wrap, don't actually touch the flame to the wrap, just let the rising heat do te work. Ive been doing it that way for years and never had a prob.

sneakyhacker420
07-04-2003, 07:17 PM
i like macro simply because i change my air line setup so often that i don't wanna bust $15 on a new SS hose each time, all i have to do it run down to my PB store and pick up a couple feet of macro for like $5, which usually lasts a while

if its leaking, take out your macro hoses and if there is a fairly deep ridge around the end of the hose, you'll probably want to get some new macro line

if it continues to leak after that, you'll want to pick up a couple new macro fittings

Matt_mg
07-04-2003, 08:19 PM
I have NEVER had any problems with my macroline (I use 32 degrees stuff, dont like the rest of their products but the macro is hot)

so the trick with macro is:
#1: cut it straight! if you cut at an angle it could leak
#2: more is better, have more macro so it pushes in when you bump it.
#3: jam it in, don't be afraid push the macro in the fitting it'll grip more that way!
#4: the fitting will actually only grip after they have been pressurised so you can check your instalation before it becomes tougher to remove...

personally I love macro and hardline, braided is fungly ;)

FalconGuy016
07-05-2003, 10:10 AM
Macro is far superior in every way

The only thing is that it isnt as strong, but oh well! Its so cheap and you can just cut out more. If you know how to cut, it wont leak. Its much more versitle than SS hose in many ways

shinobidice
07-05-2003, 09:50 PM
i run macro from my drop to my valve, its a foot of macro and it doesnt leak for me. just wiggle it around and it shortly stops, at least with me it does.

68magOwner
07-06-2003, 09:58 PM
i have used macro scince i got may mag, i have had it explode on me twice, but i have never had it leak at all, and its cheap stuff too, not to mention its like a year old, i meen its the original piece that was always on my mag, i have cut it twice, but never changed it, its my lucky piece of macro :D i like SS too, but i dont want to pay for it unless my macro busts again (seeing as by this time it will probably be to short to put back. :D

blackdragunsblood
07-06-2003, 10:05 PM
hey everyone i played the other day (saturday) with the macro on it and i got it to seal up really nice. i have never heard of a macro line exploding but i did cut my line to short so i had to go buy more at the paintball store but it all worked out good and thanks for the advice.

cometpaintballer
07-07-2003, 08:30 AM
well i had a friend w/ macro on his cocker and he wiggled it and it exploded and the co2 froze half of the skin off of his hand

GT
07-07-2003, 09:38 AM
I run macro on my lp markers. the mag will be using a "grease whip."

Just dont buy cheap macro, problem solved.

sneakyhacker420
07-07-2003, 09:38 AM
becuase in hot weather co2 can exceed the pressure rating of the macro (co2 can exit the tank at any pressure between 300 and 2000 psi depending on weather conditions

and most macro line has a burst rating of 1400-1500psi

Matt_mg
07-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Co2 is just evil...

GT
07-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
becuase in hot weather co2 can exceed the pressure rating of the macro (co2 can exit the tank at any pressure between 300 and 2000 psi depending on weather conditions

and most macro line has a burst rating of 1400-1500psi

hmm... my shocker has yet to have that problem. I think there are alot of over excited folks concerning macroline use. Again I wouldnt use it on a mag that is running a retro however I beleive co2 would run just fine.

jb

sneakyhacker420
07-07-2003, 11:19 AM
why not run macro to a retro? i do...

Alux
07-11-2003, 05:21 AM
Macro line is cool, but i will eventually get SS with black shrink tubing.... eventually....

skittlesRgood
07-11-2003, 06:02 AM
i use the good SS stuff. mainly cause i get it for free at work :D (play it again sports, fremont) but i just dont trust the macro lines. might as well buy the SS, it wont break on you and itll even save u the money of buying the macro lines after a while.

Derman2k
07-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Don't ever buy clear macro from actionvillage...Mine blew holes 3 times and in two of my friends guns...its evil

billybob_81067
07-11-2003, 11:35 PM
What's the best macro line to buy? And the worst ones to avoid?

I'm thinking of getting some for my mag just because you can make them any length you want them to be...

:D

Derman2k
07-11-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by billybob_81067
What's the best macro line to buy? And the worst ones to avoid?

I'm thinking of getting some for my mag just because you can make them any length you want them to be...

:D

TunaMans macro=Good stuff

punkcmonkiez
07-12-2003, 12:50 AM
I have seen macro line bust d/t an abrasion on the line. When it did the kids autococker became a $600 toy top for about ten sec. Me thinks it needed retimed after that little spin in the dirt. hee hee never with my automag.

i_baked_cookies
07-16-2003, 12:28 AM
ive never heard of marco bursting. i defentialy dont want that happening to me!

shinobidice
07-16-2003, 08:33 AM
I use a preset compressed air tank, and since its preset at 800 psi and don't fluctuate if at all. So that means i'm safe right? Anyeays with my setup the thing would fly out spin down and hit my tank then the bottom of my hand cause the top one is fixed the bottom one is a swivel.

Matt_mg
07-16-2003, 08:55 AM
relax people you really need to pull it like mad for it to come out when it's gassed.

aut911
07-30-2003, 12:54 AM
honestly i dont think would be a problem with macro line exploding as long as you dont leave your gun pressurised in the hold sun for long periods of time. I have seen the stuff bust before but that was because the kid left his spyder with a co2 tank pressurised while he ate lunch and when he came back his tank was empty. go figure.

aut

madgoat33
07-31-2003, 11:03 PM
Geez you people must have the worst luck ever, ive been using macroline for a year and a half and never once had a problem....

Bad_Dog
08-03-2003, 03:59 PM
I dont use macroline, instead I use pneumatic "hose" rated for 2500psi burst pressure...

I'm no expert but I get it from a place called "HyQuip" along with all my other couplers and fittings. The company specializes in making hoses for industrial use. This stuff I use differs from macroline in strength and I cant notice anything else. So far I havent even had to buy any, since the company gives me "samples" which wouldnt matter either way since the price is only $.51 per foot.

The reason for useing the "macroline" hose versus stainless hose is just like what someone said, I move my tank around so often that it would be stupid to buy stainless.

Another good reason to use macroline is you dont have to unscrew it from anything, just de-gass your marker and push/pull it out... thus making it easier to disassemble your marker... If you have stainless, you either have to unscrew the hose fitting or work with the quick disconect couplers and nipples...

Also, if you start to notice the deep grooves forming in the end or your macroline hose, you can just trim off a quarter inch from the end, and reinstall the same hose, no need to replace the hose...

nospmas311
08-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Parker-Flex is the best macroline you can buy. Our local shop has it and I stocked up on it. It cost me a dollar a foot. Tunaman sells this kind of macroline and I have yet to change my original piece.