PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Pbgear

Mag Master 04
07-02-2003, 11:30 PM
never again will i order ANOTHER THING from them...the same thing happened w/ my evo2...ordered it and then 2 months later..finally gets here. Well new order comes along, 12inch ultralight for my ULE, redz pouch w/ comph. belt, 5 KAPP pods, redz tank cover...1 month and 3 days later...not even in stock yet...they are really pissin me off. i cut them some slack last time cuz it was around a holiday, but this is pitifull, i am a very angered customer, this has gone too far, i need that barrel to play, its not liek i got a spare cocker barrel layin around, i have had mags all the time and no 1 shoots cockers here cuz we all know why, cuz mags rule! but PB grear sux big balls on this one, im very pissed, im gettin my crap and im done w them, no one buy from there ever again!:mad:

AutomagRT1483
07-02-2003, 11:44 PM
Were any of those items that you ordered on back-order? I never have a single problem with them, then again I get next day air on all of my packages.

devingoode
07-03-2003, 12:29 AM
why didnt you check to see if it was out of stock before you bought the stuff??????????

AirAssault
07-03-2003, 01:52 AM
I have never had a problem with them, BUT if they do not have an item in stock they should not let you pick it. www.xpaintball.com does that, if they do not have it in stock, then you can't even put it in your basket. PBgear.com is a huge seller, they should be able to keep in a good stock of equipment.

AlabamaMan
07-03-2003, 02:03 AM
i waited on my worr gas for a month, and now with all the problems it's had i wish i never got it at all. All though i do like the pbgear people, everytime i have called them i have talked to good people.

mcdkid
07-03-2003, 03:08 AM
u guys know they just finished moving 2 a new location

breg
07-03-2003, 03:48 AM
I have my own horror story from that thrice cursed company.
I will be about a year ago in October. I ordered a RT/Pro, a drop, an ASA, and a tank.
Well, I called them to confirm my order, and they were out of the ASA, so they added a different one. Well, what they didn't tell me was that they cancelled my old order after they took the money out of my account, then charged me for the new order. Well, I ordered about a thousand dollars worth of gear. And the best part was that is was a three day weekend, so I was left wondering WTF happened to my money. Then I called them up ready to rasie hell, and we got it fixed. Or so I thought. Well, my order came, and I saw the pretty AGD box. I thought it looked pretty small for an RT/Pro. Guess what! It wasn't an RT/Pro. It was a 45/45 flatline. Great. So, I called them up again and just a little more peeved this time and told them I'm holding the tank until I get my marker. They tried to give me a run aroud telling me that they would ship it in a week. I had orignally paid for sameday shipping. They were asking me if it was really important if I got my marker. I told them that I paid, twice, for a marker. I paid for same day shipping. I would get these things. Well, about two days later, I got my marker. Wow, was I happy. I then went to the local Pro Shop (PBA, YOU ROCK!!!). When I got there, I picked about $120 worth of goods. My debit card was declined... Guess what! Those rabid jackasses double charged me AGAIN!!! I'll never buy from them again. Unless they get a real good deal with the X-Mag.
I even heard of a guy out here the ordered an Impulse. And they sent him two.

They run a really shoddy shop out there.

FreakBaller12
07-03-2003, 07:59 AM
i 'll tell u how my order goes. I ordered an emag and bottom line and drop. They were out fo ceneterfeed so i ahd to change to left yesterday. They have pretty nice customer service and I prefer gear over xpaint cuz they don't have mags. I'll let youu know when ui start rippign with that new emag

halo13
07-03-2003, 08:14 AM
I've never had a major problem with them, I order there all the time. Once though I had a large order when it got to my house it was missing an item. I just called them up and told them what happened. In less than five minutes the probelm was taken care of and the next day the item arrived at my door. If you constantly have problems with them maybe you should stop ordering. That way you'll have nothing to complain about.

JAM
07-03-2003, 08:16 AM
I've had some bad experiences with them too, but NEVER when things were in stock. just double check your shopping cart before you pay- it'll show you what really is in stock, then only order thangs that are in. I've had many great experiences with them when I follow that rule.

Also, as big as they might be, lots of the companies that make the parts you're ordering might be small, so they can't fill pbgear's back orders quickly... AGD has been out of stock of Flatlines for going on 6 months (with the exception of a small shipment).. that's not pbgear's fault.

SG Avenger
07-03-2003, 08:37 AM
I always make sure what I'm getting is in stock. However i did just get a package from them the other day. The package iteself looked like an elephant sat on it..

They used those packing peanuts to padd the products, but it didnt help the case for the items I purchased. It managed to get cracked and crushed a bit too. [fortunatly it was just the case/packaging] But I still like having all my things in perfect working order. Hell I think I might have like 1 CD that has a small scratch on it.

Other than that, best prices, fast service, huge stock.

QUINCYMASSGUY
07-03-2003, 08:41 AM
I heard bad things about paintballgear.com which is why I have yet to use it. A friend recommended Paintballwizard.com instead. They impressed me. They are usually good about keeping the out of stock list up to date, but I ordered a Redz Dimension and they literally called me to tell me they were out, when they were expecting it, and alternatives I had. I even adjusted my order to include another item I was so impressed. Well they told me it was due to Redz being late on shipping, I emailed Redz and they told me they just shipped the items I needed and paintballwizard would get it that thursday. I swear paintballwizard got the items and immediately sent the whole order I made to me that day, very impressive. So if you're looking for online prices check them out, they're legit and good to deal with.

Crighton
07-03-2003, 09:15 AM
PBgear will say an item is instock and you will use there stock checker and then 24 hours later you get an email saying. Sorry this item is out of stock and will be back orderd. WTF there in stock ticker doesnt work worth a damn.

FreakBaller12
07-03-2003, 09:31 AM
i ahd to change my order from center to left feed emag, they said they are slow in updating b/c they just changed warehouses and are slow on updating

sithos
07-03-2003, 09:31 AM
i think the store is so large that different departments have different problems. just for fun, try to order impulse parts. BAD service, bad shipping, RUDE managers. (ok, the managers and service people might work for all of pbgear, but they were damn rude to me)

Basically heres my experience:
I order: 1 case of JT paint (its cheap!), New Designz Highflow Valve, Evil Delrin Bolt (v2, actually works).
I recieve: 2 cases pf Jt paint, with 3 of the 500rd bags completely ripped open, atleast 100 broken balls + swollen balls from being wet (ouch!) and yes they charged me for both cases. 1 USED stock bolt. 1 USED stock valve.

i called immediately and complained and got a Return Authorization number. Like 2 weeks after i ship, they email me saying they wont accept the parts back because they were stock parts and used.. The whole reason i returned them in the first place... they said they would send me the parts back and charge my credit card for them, plus the shipping to return them to me. they charged me, then never even sent them back, not that i really wanted them.

so uhh... yeah. PBGEAR BAD!
if you need impulse parts, go to www.buypb.com they have really great service and a good selection of adrenaline impulse stuff.

Oh yeah, and ask BOFH about his rainmaker experience with them. Order Rainmaker, recieve a box full of expensive pinball machine parts. atleast 1 person has benifitted from their stupidity.

TheJester
07-03-2003, 09:44 AM
i hate pbgear too, not only did i have to wait for stuff for over 2 months, but they screwed the order up too many times (i had to return it 3 times, i just asked for a refund on my 3rd return) yes, i will say if they have something in stock, they're usually pretty good about it (i say usually cause like i said, i've had to return something 3 times) but the problem is they never seem to have stuff in stock and it takes them forever to get them re-stocked. i went for a long while before i had a problem with them...i guess their idea of a reward to a frequent costomer is to shaft them :rolleyes:

lopxtc
07-03-2003, 09:52 AM
Now see thats funny ... I have placed well over 100 orders with PBgear.com and never once have I had a problem. Easily 1/3 of those orders have been cases of paint, and only once did I get a different color then asked for. Never once had a broken ball, or issues with damage to the case itself.

They are the first place I go for all my parts, paint, etc since simple ground UPS gets me my stuff the next day by 6pm.

Aaron

Spazzmav13
07-03-2003, 10:02 AM
you do know that paintballgear.com just moved to a new location and thats part of the reason that everything takes a long time to get to you. when they moved they got rid of almost everything, and they're still busy restocking the warehouse. it took me about 3 months to wait until my stuff came into stock for my HPA.

ugabiged88
07-03-2003, 10:13 AM
I have ordered from them three or four times and no problems so far. They shipped the right gear in the three of four days.

Normally when they are out of stock of one thing that you order, they send the rest of the shipment right away.

-=Squid=-
07-03-2003, 10:13 AM
You shoulda checked to see if it was in stock first. Of course its going to takea long time for it to arrive if they dont even have what you want! And if you REALLY need it, why not CANCEL the order and get it from someplace else?

e mag
07-03-2003, 11:33 AM
if you urgently need something it also wouldnt be a bad idea to call the place instead of ordering over the internet.

NJPaint
07-03-2003, 11:42 AM
why the heck would you buy something that was out of stock if you needed it so badly?

AcemanPB
07-03-2003, 12:13 PM
If you had such a bad experience the first time why did you order there again expecting it to be different.

EsPo
07-03-2003, 12:17 PM
dont whine to us, call them to order next time

spantol
07-03-2003, 12:28 PM
The only problems that I've had with Actionvillage/PBGear involve their hit-or-miss stock check functionality. Items that show up as in stock when you add them to your cart might be out of stock by the time your order registers, which holds up your entire shipment.

I've found that using the "Special Instructions" section to ask that they drop any out of stock items from your order solves this problem rather nicely.

halo13
07-03-2003, 03:43 PM
The best customer service i found was from Oakley. They are always nice and stuff gets done right away. One time I returnet some items and one of the poeple who worked there actually called me from her house to tell me that my account had been credited. I was blown away.

IcantBelieveit
07-03-2003, 04:47 PM
i have had zero problems with them...and when i personally callt hem i have alwasy gotten friendly service... i will continue to order from them until i run into problesm..which i don't forsee

WARPED1
07-03-2003, 04:59 PM
I always get my stuff from them in 3 to 4 days. The key is to [icall[/i] them and place your order to make sure it's in stock.

poloniusreep
07-03-2003, 05:19 PM
My brother ordered a pack when he got it they sent him the wrong one. He calls to see what went wrong they say he ordered the one they sent but they charged him for the one he wanted which was more then the one he ordered but it worked out. Because he also ordered a barrel they sent him a better more expensive barrel then he ordered and he liked the pack they sent so it worked out. I dont think a bug company should have such problems.

halo13
07-03-2003, 05:54 PM
They arn't really a big company. Its just a warehouse that happend to have a lot of stuff inside it. They just put out the image of a large copmany.

Mag Master 04
07-03-2003, 06:00 PM
they never update there site so you never know if an iten is in stock or not unless you order off the phone and then you cant take advcantage of the free shipping over $100 deal
so its a loose loose situation either way

CpSuPeRkId
07-03-2003, 09:39 PM
paintballgear.com is the best online retailer out there IMO. i buy paintball stuff from them and ONLY them. ive probably bought over 5000 dollars worth of stuff from them since ive been paintballing from my first mag to all my tanks to my old ir3 to my new dye pants. they were only out of stock on a few items and it clearly said in stock: NO on their site. i order anyways and it never takes more than a week total from the time i order to the time it arrives. when its not backorderd it has NEVER taken more than 2 days for something to arrive from the time i order. they have also never screwed up any of my orders or caused any delays at all. any time ive called them for a question about something i always get nothing but friendly people that actually start conversations on the wierdest things just to be friendly. they also have VERY good prices and carry almost everything possible. overall i dont think a place can provide better service than pbgear. they are a top notch place in my eyes and i will continue to do business with them for as long as i play paintball.

Mag Master 04
07-03-2003, 10:11 PM
yur lucky then...ihave never recieved anything from anywhere in 2 days except from AGD w my ULE and thats it
pbgear sucks

gam-e
07-04-2003, 12:54 AM
hehe i called there with a complaint once and the guy did something to the phone...i think he muted it, and proceeded to scream bloody murder at someone else, he yelled so loud i could make out the swearing. it was so funny, and when i called him on it he was like...uhhhhhh you heard that? lol what a cheap company

for me they have been 50/50 and thats a pretty sorry record

if your looking for upgrades to your marker www.g3pb.com is the greatest there is...they only accept orders over the phone because they like to talk to their customers. 2 days max to get an item...i love em.

Dion

ZCute
07-04-2003, 01:07 AM
you guys are all suckers.....i just drive down to the store and hand pick out everything i want from them :) wo0t for IL!!! we got AGD and PBgear.com!

gam-e
07-04-2003, 01:15 AM
woot for sales tax!!

MUHA MUHA MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! thats money we DON'T have to pay. eh at least you didn't have to wait 6 months for a dye single trigger swing frame.

Dion

WARPED1
07-04-2003, 01:44 AM
No, no sales tax, you just get ripped on shipping!

gam-e
07-04-2003, 01:47 AM
:confused: i wasn't thinking of that
:( how true...how terribly true

warm_machine86
07-04-2003, 10:10 AM
you guys are all suckers.....i just drive down to the store and hand pick out everything i want from them wo0t for IL!!! we got AGD and PBgear.com!

I agree, I live in southeastern Wisconsin and I have never had any problems with pbgear. Their packages always arrive at my house in 1 day. But I guess if I lived in like say California it would be a different story.

poloniusreep
07-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Going to your local shop maybe an option to you but mine sucks everyone hates the owner causes hes such a dick. I'll order stuff cause I don't feel like bleeding from my anus after paying his price.:D