PDA

View Full Version : air system works teh best with automag

blakdragon21
07-03-2003, 03:26 AM
what air system is the best to use with the automag classic? I also later want to get the x-valve too, so what would work best with that? What pressure output is better also. I am looking to get 850. should i get an adjustable one with a red or not. just give me opinions on what is better system and why. thanks

primetime
07-03-2003, 07:37 AM
I run a 45/45 Dynaflow on my X-mag. Yes somebody might say its to small of a tank but playing up front I have never ran out of air before I run out of paint.
It is a awesome airsystem on/off high flow 1000psi output and let me say relly light. Thats my 2 cents

GT
07-03-2003, 11:02 AM
flatline.

xen_100
07-03-2003, 12:31 PM
depends on your bugdet......if you have $150-200 to spend, a nice preset crossfire will do the job, no problem. I ran a 850PSI preset nitroduck for about 6 months and it was about +-5 over the chrono. now that i have a flatline it is about +-2. didn't think it would make that much difference.

if you have the cash, get a flatline, maxflo, dynaflow, etc. once you have an x-valve you will be alot happier if you can tune the RT effect.

Dark Cloud
07-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Less expensive screw in tanks from Crossfire, PMI, or the newer ACI bulldog IIs work well on mags.

blakdragon21
07-03-2003, 01:04 PM
thanks for your inpust keep them coming. What about tanks with regs on them? I have heard no because teh vavle already has one?

xen_100
07-03-2003, 01:15 PM
ALL tanks have regs on them. (co2 excepted)

danheneise
07-04-2003, 10:56 AM
I have heard no because teh vavle already has one?
you hear that because it's bad to put a vertical regulator on your gun with a tank that already has one

the tank reg is all you want and all n/2 tanks come with them, just don't get a vertical reg becuase you'll starve your mag of air and will experience shoot down.

cky shane
07-04-2003, 11:33 AM
I would advise against Crossfire presets because there have been batches of regulators that weren't very consistant. By "not very consistant" I mean, "dumping air at a full 4500psi." I know some people who have never had a problem with a Crossfire tank, and I know a couple people who had tons of problems with theirs. I know EPBO now requires all users to send their Crossfire tank with their gun when they do repairs. Maybe your Crossfire will work divinely and you'll never have a problem, but it's occured enough time that, in my opinion, it isn't worth chancing a bad reg.