PDA

View Full Version : Pissed off in Austin

SteelSoul
07-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Hey peeps I am new to the Automag thing and I have a little story fer yall...
I live in Austin tx, very nice place and all been throwing paint here for about 10 years.So I buy this RT from this guy at work for 300 bones, he was getting out of paintball and I got all his gear for cheap, I am not going to list everything but I have 2 or 3 of everything now :)
Sorry back to the point, I go into the local paintball shop ( not going to say the shops name but there are on Ben White Bvld) and I need to get my tanks filled. So I go for the small talk and tell the guy behind the counter I got this sweet RT and I was wondering if he had any lvl 10 bolt kits, and he goes " Man I dont stock that crap here, only 7 people in Austin are dumb enough to have a mag!"
Dude I was pissed I have been going to this guy for years and bought a least 500 bucks of crap from him..
Just to think all his cockers on the wall and here I am wid money burning a hole in my pants and he goes and POOOO's on my new marker.
So I take the high road, wait for him to fill my tanks and say " Guy, I love my RT and you just lost me as a customer"
To say the least what a butthead next thing you know he is going to say Blazers are crap and Palmer stole the auto-cocking desgin LOL..
well dont with my rant,if yall are every in Austin and want to throw some paint let me know I go 2 times a month..
L8rs

Steel

mrhooie
07-03-2003, 09:55 AM
at least you told him why you won't be back !! good job

lord1234
07-03-2003, 09:56 AM
due to some quick research
this awful store has been found quickly and easily at

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=8234571&ck=2980037605&tab=B2C&ycat=92210014&city=Austin&state=TX&country=us&msa=0640&slt=30.266748&sln=-97.741760&cs=4&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:20:fbT:0

directions for you bomb plot people are even available
also phone number for the heavy breathing prank calls as well.

Yudanja
07-03-2003, 10:11 AM
I live near Austin too, stopped going to that store long ago. We walked in and got the cold shoulder from the get go.

There is a store off of 620 called paintball mart, the guys there are great and treat you very nice. They still arent quite the mag lovers though, last I knew they have lvl 10 kits, some bodies and part kits, oh and barrels.

http://paintball-mart.net/austin.shtml

Gunga
07-03-2003, 10:19 AM
Steel,

If you're still looking for a Level 10, I do believe that Clare and Curtis (aka CaPoEiRa & Havoc_Online here on AO) will have some for sale at the AO Meet in Austin this Saturday, the 5th. The meet is at Petty's Paintball (http://www.pettypb.com/).

Details of the meet can be found here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=77695).

SteelSoul
07-03-2003, 10:26 AM
Thanks I have been to that store and like it, that store was a lot closer, But I will go out there from now on..
I am looking at this AO event, I AM SO there

Thanks peeps

Steel

WarBUCKs
07-03-2003, 10:27 AM
I will never buy from that store if I come to Austin! Heh... Thanks for the input. :) I wouldn't want some guy making money off of me if he doesn't appreciate my gun or business.

Cryer
07-03-2003, 10:38 AM
When I go to Austin, I'll stop by Paintball Mart up by Lakeland (or is it Lakeline?:confused: ) Mall. They're all cool. I sat there for like 2 hours just talkin to one guy about mags and how they're coming back. Low prices, great selection, cool people. Down the road another 5 min is Official Paintball of TX. I haven't been to that one, but the Official Paintball in Dallas is cool.

Look forward to seeing you at the meet! Just remember to tell them you are from AO, or you wont get the discount...;)

GT
07-03-2003, 10:48 AM
I dont understand why folks bash other guns? If you like it who cares if you do? Sell me some crap make some money and play some PB.

Come to the meet!!!

jb

Cryer
07-03-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SteelSoul
...he goes " Man I dont stock that crap here, only 7 people in Austin are dumb enough to have a mag!"...

I just got the greatest idea...

We should bring this up in the thread for the Austin AO day and make it a point to have the whole group show up at that store and show him how many people do own mags...:D

GT
07-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Cryer

I just got the greatest idea...

We should bring this up in the thread for the Austin AO day and make it a point to have the whole group show up at that store and show him how many people do own mags...:D

that would be pretty badass, it would even be cooler if TK was comming to drop by the store with a classic mag and ask, "You guys got any cool stuff for mags?"

jb

FalconGuy016
07-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Yes seriously, get the whole AO meet to enter the shop :) Show him an xmag too

Yudanja
07-03-2003, 12:13 PM
Cryer, it is lakeline mall.

Texas paintball isnt that bad, but its not as good as Petty's.

When we got back into pb, me and my bro went to texas for convenience. almost 100/case for paint, and all the refs were telling us to go to petty's =)

SteelSoul
07-03-2003, 12:20 PM
Yeah Texas PB isnt bad, been playing there for Years..
But I was looking at the AO thing, got All pumped up and stuff and mu wife yanked the chain, so I cannot go we have "plans" already...
So,,, I was thinking, I do all of Vipers 24 hr games, i hook up wid some buddies there and we do there events, Y not a AGD group for the next event in Sept.
http://www.viperpaintball.com/index.php?module=events&func=vieweventdetails&eventid=50
what yall think..

Steel:D

Cryer
07-03-2003, 02:20 PM
...I was thinking, I do all of Vipers 24 hr games, i hook up wid some buddies there and we do there events, Y not a AGD group for the next event in Sept.
http://www.viperpaintball.com/index.php?module=events&func=vieweventdetails&eventid=50
what yall think...

Sounds cool...
You might want to check in the Meet & Greet section of the forums, there may already be some group going... If not, you could start something. Thats where everyone here goes to organize events like that.

Cryer
07-03-2003, 02:27 PM
...I go into the local paintball shop ( not going to say the shops name but there are on Ben White Bvld)...

Wait! That's Constant Action, right? The old man in there gives me that same line everytime I call him or ask him if he can order something...
I asked him about Dye Jersies one time and his responce: "If I were to stock Dye Jersies, all the little kids would want their name on them and I can't do that. So there's no point..."

:confused::mad:

I was like "b.s... You just don't want to go to the trouble of getting Dye as one of your retail suppliers. Why would someone want their name on a Dye Jersey but not want it on a JT or PBJ jersy?"

Another time I asked him about mag barrels, (specifically centerfeed) and he said the same thing. "There are like 2 people in Austin with centerfeed mags, so it wouldn't be worth it to me to stock centerfeed barrels"

That place sucks... And not just because he dogs on mags.

ReTro Boy
07-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Wow...:rolleyes: What a dumb-butt...

As a store manager in a small town, I try to tell people the truth (at least the truth as I see it), but I never bash their guns. I'm at least smart enough to know the current state of mags.

That guy is an idiot, and I'd be willing to join the lynch mob...uh...group from the AO meet to pay him a friendly visit! :eek:

Marek
07-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Yudanja
Texas paintball isnt that bad, but its not as good as Petty's.

What is as good as Petty's? Anyway, that guy is an idiot, and I would not gone to his store if it wasn't close to where I lived at the time. He might be some god on cockers, but the anything else (including sense and tact) is out the window. The guys at PBmart are not bad either, but they are no Petty.

Halliday
07-03-2003, 03:30 PM
All you people with more than 1 paintball shop in town! Man!

land hurricane
07-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Halliday
All you people with more than 1 paintball shop in town! Man!

I know! My town has one, that doubles as a pawn shop...

Recon by Fire
07-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Oh man, we definately all have to stop in that store during the AO gathering and let him see what he is missing out on!

Daroach
07-03-2003, 05:15 PM
d00d, i am sooo sorry for that idiot behind the counter.

IF you need ANYTHING for a mag and since you live in austin, contact Havoc_Online here on the AO boards, he lives in austin and has pretty much anything and everything you will need for a mag. Him and his woman (Capo) also both have Xmags so while he is working on your gear you can drool over them.

If you are looking for a nice field over there who respects mags and what they can do, the best field in austin is Petty's.

Brett23
07-05-2003, 02:26 AM
Seriously, I have one store near me too. Next closest is just a pro shop at a field. Have to drive to cleveland or Columbus to find another decent shop.

Lohman446
07-05-2003, 03:15 PM
HAHA - you SOBs.... the closest paintball shop to me is an hour away, the paintball field near me (30 or 40 minutes) stocks some parts but not a ton. BTW, the two that are about an hour away, - I could fit all there inventory in my closet. :mad: