PDA

View Full Version : flatline mag???

paintball man 222
07-03-2003, 10:34 AM
well they have made a flatline cocker, can it be done with a mag and will there be any benefit?

GT
07-03-2003, 11:27 AM
i am sure that doc could whip up a barrel converison for it. You could shoot alot further but I never really saw that as an advantage unless you were playing a large field.

muirtach
07-03-2003, 08:21 PM
or you could just use a z-body

GT
07-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by muirtach
or you could just use a z-body

is it as consistant as a flatline at spinning the ball?

the_next_guy_
07-04-2003, 02:34 PM
I've heard that the z-body does not spin every ball every time. Also, the flatline on a tippmann has extreme long range, but by the time it reaches a long distance the velocity is so low it just bounces off things.

sneakyhacker420
07-04-2003, 06:49 PM
my impulse with a good paint that is consistent WILL shoot further than a tippmann flatline, both guns being set at 260fps

no arc of my barrel at all... and it still breaks on contact... most of the time :p

and FYI: flatline barrels max out at 9bps, any faster and it starts breaking balls :o

shinobidice
07-05-2003, 10:25 PM
you mean farther right?

Crimson_Turkey
07-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Impluse shoots further than a flatline? Oh, I get it, now impulses have elves now too! :rolleyes: Paint/bore match had no effect on range, just accuracy. Backspin, angle and velocity are the only ways to increase range.

I imagine it could be done, A twist and lock adapter could do the trick. Have doc or punisher whip it up. It would still be hell to install. Plus i would hope you wold also creat some sort of shroud. That thing is UGLY without one.

PS: The flatline rules not because of the range but because of the flat trajectory, thus the name flatline. Range is just easier to market.

GT
07-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

and FYI: flatline barrels max out at 9bps, any faster and it starts breaking balls :o

thats the first I have heard. I dont think a tube has much to do with bps.

Nobody077
07-08-2003, 11:57 PM
I saw a Flatline A5 with RT trigger laying a "full-Auto" string without any breaks. I would guess it was doing 12+bps so im not shure about the 9bps deal. As for the range yes the flatline did seem to add a few feet but most were bouncers, and the guy had to turn the velocity up a lot to get to 275 compared to his standard barrel, so im shure it would eat lots of N2

askman
07-09-2003, 05:40 PM
I have a zbody, and with zbarrel (.697) it works pretty well. the key is the large bore barrel. no problem with accuracy either...

Will back spin give greater range? yes. Normally, the paint is affected by vortex shedding(which causes less than best accuracy, but also uses up energy) with a spin, vortex shedding is reduced, thus retaining better downrange velocity. We are probably taking relatively small amount, but should be measurable/perceivable.

Crimson_Turkey
07-10-2003, 12:33 PM
The greatest thing about the flatline is just that the FLAT LINE. You can aim without arcing. This is especially great under a wooded canopy. Also if you tilt the barrel you can shoot curve balls which is an obvious benifit.

MidnightRider
07-10-2003, 07:04 PM
Would it be possible to attach a Cocker Flatline setup to the new Cocker Threaded ULE body? I don't own a Cocker but I have heard threw the grapevine that the Cocker setup is a body change and not just the barrel.

I do own a Tippman w/Flatline. I saw a little problem with bounces but not to many. Right now my little bro' has it on his with an RT trigger and has no problem letting a string of paint fly. Very little barrel breakage if the Flatline is setup properly.

Peace.

MR

mh53eplt
07-11-2003, 12:24 AM
no problem at all, have tried it and it works great

laxkid
07-11-2003, 09:01 PM
My friend has 98 flatline and it only maxed out 8 bps on the chrony then splat when he got it up to 9 bps they just started breaking he has rt.

MidnightRider
07-11-2003, 09:31 PM
We havn't sat down and seen how many bps he can shoot on his RT/Tippy but I DO KNOW that out of the last three cases of paint he has had no more than a handful ,10 max, ball breaks in the marker. Wether that is due to chopping or a barrel break couldn't say for certain. And he has lit me up a time or two.:) So I know how fast and how much paint seems to come in on me as we play.

You may be right at the 8-9 ball limit but who needs much more than that for scenario/rec play anyways?:confused: :D :cool:

Peace.

MR

nt2004
07-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by laxkid
My friend has 98 flatline and it only maxed out 8 bps on the chrony then splat when he got it up to 9 bps they just started breaking he has rt.

hmm i have an rt with my 98 custom. I put a few bursts through the flatline when i first got it. It worked fine. The only problem i had with the flatline is at long distances it will go aa bit slow which lets the wind toy with it

mark_426
07-14-2003, 10:00 PM
my flatline m98c would do the 8bps but not 9.... and also, the a-5 flatline is about a 10-12 barrel, but the 98's was a 14-16 ..... the longer barrel would have more air vortexing in it, therefore the a-5 could shoot more rapidly....
my $.02

sneakyhacker420
07-25-2003, 12:32 AM
they fixed the bug in the flatline with the A-5 version, now it can do around 15-16bps before it starts breaking paint

batteryfree
08-05-2003, 11:36 PM
hey mh53eplt prove it an show us a pic of your mag with flatline

ckyskater543
08-06-2003, 12:21 PM
I think he ment he has used 98c with a flat line not a flatline mag.

batteryfree
08-06-2003, 12:40 PM
oh ok

batteryfree
08-06-2003, 12:45 PM
i have been looking around at z bodys, and i have used my friends and it works alot better than a flatline. a flatline claims to go 60 yards (180feet) with flat trajectory. but i would estimate that my friends z body shot 90 yards (270 feet) with flat trajectory. if you r a sniper like i am this will be great.

doc_Zox
08-06-2003, 10:42 PM
i don't think the flatline cocker has a threaded barrel

there is a breach replacement with the fl:
http://thecog.bizland.com/reviews/WGP_Flatliner-5.jpg
http://thecog.bizland.com/reviews/flatline.html

pakitagn
08-07-2003, 01:04 PM
those are so... so ugly... its like "hey look at the big triangle attached to my gun"...

personman
08-07-2003, 02:48 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25070

chris99506
08-07-2003, 05:45 PM
first off i had an impulse and it is not the greatest gun ever made and it has the same range as any other gun with the same barrel/paint. second if flatline cockers had threaded barrels then they would also sell the barrels seperatley and you would also see used flatline cocker barrels for sale on ebay or pb stores. and the flatline barrels have great range but they are not verry accurate at those ranges, if my freak had the same range it would be alot more accurate.

dj89
01-19-2004, 10:54 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3655352411&category=10554

mark_426
01-19-2004, 11:51 PM
dude look how old this thread is....

dj89
01-20-2004, 02:57 PM
ya i know i sa that but i posteed just in case some one was looking for one

paintballwannab
01-21-2004, 12:39 AM
i had the same idea, but the problem is the bolt pushes the ball into the barrel before the air hit the ball(on the 98) and in the cocker there are no threads like on a 98, a machine piece of metal takes the place of the threads, thus u would have machine a adaptor to go from the mag body to hold the flatline barrel, which would probally require cutting down the mag body so the bolt could push the ball into the barrel before the air hits it, if u figure out a way for it to work let me knwo i've got a extra flatline laying around
yogi

magnanamus
01-29-2004, 03:10 PM
I gotta speak up! Magnanamus is actually the name I gave to my mag after I added a Z-Body. I honed out a 16" CP for it and could hit an 8" pie pan at 150 feet (not an estimate, I measured it) within 4 shots every time. I say could because the barrel was irreparably damaged. Working on a 14" CP now hoping for higher velocity, max was 260 with the 16. As far as the bps, my autoresponse trigger frame does at least 10, though I'm confident it does 12. As long as I don't use the new ultra brittle tourney paint it almost never chops. No LX. :cool:

paintballwannab
01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
very nice, i found a way to mount a flatline to a mag, but the thing i'm going for isn't just a nice backspin and nice distance, the z-body was designed for an automag, and flatline barrel was designed for tippmann guns, but getting it to work on a mag, thats the skill/hard part, the greatest thing about making a flatline mag is the fact that it hasn't been done before(to my knowledge) but nice job with the z-body, let us know how it works out with the 14in
yogi

grominou69
02-03-2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

a friend of mine ... that turns to be admin on the site www.paintballmontreal.com had a c98 with a flatline and a r/t..... he topped a 18bps and its proven ..... he recorded himself shooting on his computer and counted how many impulses in a second ... and guess what ?? no ball breaks at all ... but he has a halo b on top of it ... now he owns an a-5 with an egrip and flatline and dont chop either .....
back to the subject ..... twill be fun to have a flatline on a tac-one ..... but the a-5 flatline not the crappy c98 one .... anyways the a-5 model looks far better ..... like a suppressor ..... ;)