PDA

View Full Version : Macroline vs. Microline? Differences?

Corbet
07-03-2003, 01:03 PM
I was thinking about getting Microline or Macroline and always wondered what the difference between the two are? Are there any advantages with a certain one? Disadvantages?

Duke Henry
07-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Macro line is a "thicker" version of microline. Microline is known for breaking quite easily (with co2 usually), whereas macroline is stronger.

Some people still have problems with macroline breaking, but I never have.

Dayspring
07-03-2003, 01:13 PM
The inner diameter of Macroline is larger, and therefore, can flow more air than Microline can.

(hence the name)

BajaBoy
07-03-2003, 01:15 PM
micro is thiner like duke said. Ive been using Macro for about 2 years and its never blown on me Yet lol

my friend has had micro on his classic for about a year and it hasnt shown any problems yet

Corbet
07-03-2003, 01:17 PM
do you need to use any type of loc-tite or teflon tape with macroline?

frntplayer
07-03-2003, 01:34 PM
just screw in the adapter that came with it real tite and then push the macroline into the adapter and the pressure seals the conetion

xmetal2001
07-03-2003, 01:38 PM
Microline should not be used for paintball, it breaks much too easily, Macroline should be used for paintball, even though it has been known to break.

NJPaint
07-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Cheap Macroline will be about as thick (the walls of the tube) as microline. Make sure that you buy quality lines, because its such a silly problem to have on the field since it is so easily prevented.

Brak
07-03-2003, 06:04 PM
use SS hose, both macro and micro are known to burst. save yourself the trouble

FalconGuy016
07-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Macro is so versitle and easy though, and if they burst (which never has happened to any of us, and we abuse macro heavily to get it to fit setups we have) you can just cut out some more and jam it in

Versitility:

- Bends to shape (SS does too, but this moreso, and SS does only because its a 'net' of steel and can flex)
- Cut to any length
- Easy in and out for the macroline adaptors, you can just push the sleeve down and pull the line out (for disassembling and etc)
- Adaptors swivel
- Looks a lot better IMO

Quality is an issue though, so make sure you get quality line

beefstew
07-03-2003, 08:50 PM
parker macro is the only way. Microline has horrible flow, which brings about the question of recharge. I hate SS hose now because i want to use an adjustable tank without needing a 50 dollar pro-connect to do it.

Farlow
07-03-2003, 10:27 PM
Since I put the itelliframe on my RT-PRO the steel colored hose is stretched to the max. I just bought a 32 degrees macroline for it. Is this ok to use on an RT-Pro? Thanks.