PDA

View Full Version : Feel of Cocker vs Feel of Mag

Pirantah
07-03-2003, 04:15 PM
i would like to know the main differences between a cocker (which is what i have) and the mag.im considering trading my cocker for a mag, so any help is appreciated

QUINCYMASSGUY
07-03-2003, 04:20 PM
It's really personal preference, you should definitely go to a field and see if someone who has a mag will let you try it out or handle one in a store. They are pretty different and alot is what you like and dislike. I really prefer my Mag now that it is XValved and Intelliframed, but thats just my preference. Going solely on someone else's opinion is not the best because it all comes down to what you like. If it was me I'd say forget both and get a Matrix with LPR and bolt kit, but again, my taste not yours. Best of luck!

punkcmonkiez
07-03-2003, 06:06 PM
i know i hated my mag till i got intelliframe ....soo like he said its all in opinion cause i had a benchmark frame and i hated it but some people love them its all what you yourself likes.

FalconGuy016
07-03-2003, 06:24 PM
The triggers are completely different. You really have to try them both to really feel them.

I would reccomend trying a hinge trigger cocker beside an intelliframe cocker. This is just the 'feel' though, we arent getting into the simplicity vs complexity, reliability, and all that fun stuff :)

~WarpedRT#2~
07-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Mags are just smaller guns, so the size will strike you first. I know a guy wh o wanted a cocker so bad, and I let him hold my E-Mag, and he is already wanting an RT Pro. He said the first thing he noticed (aside from the killer anno on my gun) was the size. It is just shorter than a cocker, and there is no back block to concern yourself with. Completly different internal workings of both guns. Totally different. Triggers are totally different as well. Try a mag, and see what you think. My friends that shoot a cocker thought my RT was "f***in' wicked!"

Mav D MagMan
07-03-2003, 09:30 PM
This is definitely one of those times, words won't help.

The only way you can possible be sure of how a mag or a cocker feels is to get to a local shop, field, or player and ask to hold them yourself.

Test fire etc even.

Then you will truly now how either marker "feels".

Just FYI
My Mag is tight (short, little length), with a supersweet pull (definitely not as fun as my friends sys x cockers or wgp hinges...) but the intelliframe really helped, and it's comfy for *ME*. You may not like em dude, get out and try one first, and besides it's all about the setup anyways!

Mav
Marker: Minimag, 10" Boomstick, Intelliframe (Blade), Norm foregrip, CP flame drop, 47ci tank etc

FooTemps
07-04-2003, 12:22 AM
Mag and cocker are so different... lol, the first time I fired a mag I didn't shortstroke at all... The first time I fired a cocker I kept shortstroking no matter what. The feel of the cocker trigger is a lot softer and it feels less defined in my mind, that's why I couldn't figure out when to release. lol