PDA

View Full Version : ElectroPneumatic Markers

dead_head
07-03-2003, 06:05 PM
could someone give me a list of Electro Pneumatic Markers?
i'm looking into getting one around the 500 dollar range, suggestions?

thanks

Brak
07-03-2003, 06:08 PM
used:

-angel LED (with some searching)
-classic timmy (with a bit of searching around)
-decent impulse
-nice bushmaster
-evil omen (i saw one go for 450)

new:

-stock impulse w/ok barrel
-nice bushy
-stock evil omen (if you can EVER find one)

those are all i can think of for around $500

punkcmonkiez
07-03-2003, 06:19 PM
id say the stock imp is your best bet... those are goin for 400 new and you could get some upgrades like blade trigger or lpr for it and be set.

dead_head
07-03-2003, 06:50 PM
thanks y'all, anymore suggestions?

BajaBoy
07-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Shocker!

Dayspring
07-03-2003, 07:15 PM
I certainly hope it's not the new one... Cuz they CAN shoot at like 17, but as a blender. I hear 9bps is their limit so far.

Originally posted by BajaBoy
Shocker!

wobbles82
07-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Shocker is like $750 stock though. I would say the Impulse is your best bet like most will. And the Omen is available now, I wouldnt know but I have been hearing good things. Or you could get a B2K3 with a PDS for like 550ish I think. But all in all that Imp is gonna be a long term best choice. My 2 Cents.

WickeDKlowN
07-03-2003, 11:45 PM
TRIBAL!

Alot like bushy's, but they are cooler looking, shorter, nd cheaper. The company wen't out of business(owned by the same guy that owned boo-yaah and a few others),but thereb are sa few ppl that make parts and service them.

You can usually get oe off the tribal forums at PBN for around $200. Excellent guns IMO.or AirSoldier.com has some for sale usually.

jinxed
07-04-2003, 10:58 AM
-evil omen

The OMEN is NOT electropneumatic!!
It is a blowback! A cool blowback, but there is no RAM, LPR, OR 3way. Its just a closed-bolt E-99 with a cam-feed.
Clever design, but I don't know why people think its a electropneumatic???

Anyway-
Is $500 for the gun? or for everthing?

You will need a HPA and a good loader, so if you don't have that, I'd suggest the BKO with a 45/45 and Egg2.

-Nick

Fuji
07-04-2003, 04:12 PM
"True closed bolt function. Adjustable, electronic double trigger interface. Cam operated force feed*, hence offset feed. Adjustable recock*. Independent Recock/Reload* assembly. Vertical Regulator for velocity control and Low Pressure operation. 9 nine volt rechargeable battery with AC charger included. One piece barrel with two piece function. Stiff arbor honed step bore barrel 0.690 ID first 6 inches then 0.697 remaining front. Tournament legal tail, Delrin bolt, 'Evil' style delrin valve stem and stainless steel body and on/off bottom line all standard. Barrel threads same as Autococker and feed tube threads same as 2k3 Piranhas, Impulse, Shockers and bushmasters.

MSRP $475.00" -Taken from http://www.evil-paintball.com/omen.htm

It is electronic, played with one at Command Post in AZ. Didn't get to shoot paint, but I hear it's pretty darn fast.

dead_head
07-04-2003, 05:44 PM
well, i think im gonna go with the impulse with tapeworm and blade trigger, no vision eye, and save up for the new WAS board coming out, making the vision eye system almost obselte, and prolly a halo b, and of course nitro...

how many bps you think i could get out of this set-up?

Ov3rmind
07-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Fuji
"True closed bolt function. Adjustable, electronic double trigger interface. Cam operated force feed*, hence offset feed. Adjustable recock*. Independent Recock/Reload* assembly. Vertical Regulator for velocity control and Low Pressure operation. 9 nine volt rechargeable battery with AC charger included. One piece barrel with two piece function. Stiff arbor honed step bore barrel 0.690 ID first 6 inches then 0.697 remaining front. Tournament legal tail, Delrin bolt, 'Evil' style delrin valve stem and stainless steel body and on/off bottom line all standard. Barrel threads same as Autococker and feed tube threads same as 2k3 Piranhas, Impulse, Shockers and bushmasters.

MSRP $475.00" -Taken from http://www.evil-paintball.com/omen.htm

It is electronic, played with one at Command Post in AZ. Didn't get to shoot paint, but I hear it's pretty darn fast. He never said it wasn't electronic, he said it wasn't electropneumatic. He is also right, the Omen is not electropneumatic. It does not use any electronic components that deal directly with gas used in the gun.

DeadlyDuck
07-04-2003, 07:05 PM
He also said it's a blowback...

Fuji
07-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Sorry my bad. Guess I read it too fast and thought he said electronic.

Didn't much care for the "tourney legal tail" though looked pretty flimsy.

GT
07-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
I certainly hope it's not the new one... Cuz they CAN shoot at like 17, but as a blender. I hear 9bps is their limit so far.

WTF are you talking about? My shocker certianly shoots faster than 9bps and never chops. I probally get aroung 13-14bps on the high end, BTW eclipse shockers are limited to 15 bps.

shocker is a great gun for the price. PBgear has them in the mid 300's Just bolt on a hopper and alot of co2 and away you go.

jb

AcemanPB
07-04-2003, 10:08 PM
I believe he was talking about the new Shockers :)