PDA

View Full Version : my new custom marker (clocked 60 bps, not cps!)

RamboPreacher
07-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Updated link of my review in process and more pictures. (click here (http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/CustomMeansCustom.htm))

The first waveform analysis clipped from this vid (click here (http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/techpages/index.htm) select the Speedball Grinder link or the Blazer/Grinder show link) was just under 60 bps, but that was kind of a biased count since the spikes in the waveform were overlapping because the only microphone was the one in the vid cam.

I will be making a digital recording soon, for analysis and post the results.
http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/grinder/013.jpg

wes
07-03-2003, 09:19 PM
VERY cool rambo!!

:)

DWill
07-03-2003, 09:33 PM
That is the tommy gun of the paintball world....awesome. Questions, how much did that cost and how much does it weigh?

No sKiLLz
07-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Holy crap.

RamboPreacher
07-03-2003, 09:43 PM
cost is "variable" - something about 5k or so, depending on customizations (even though there is a prototype, making this the "second one", it really is more of a "one-off"). Sorry, not gonna mention what I paid, but let me tell you that it's hard to "grind" when I had to "give my left arm".

As far as weight, it is over 40 pounds with loaders, not really weighed it loaded yet. When it was shipped to me, it weighed 38 pounds. I have a tactical vest with custom support straps (as well as special remote tank on the back) - makes it very easy to carry around - scenario games here I come!

DWill
07-03-2003, 09:49 PM
That much eh? Im sure you will have fun with it and build muscle carrying it too :D Im extremely jealous I might add.

RamboPreacher
07-03-2003, 09:54 PM
forgot to add...

Mossman
07-03-2003, 10:07 PM
No words can describe the feeling I have in my pants right now :D

Brak
07-03-2003, 10:15 PM
wait a second... if my calculations are correct, there are 3 seperate markers there. and each one is connected to a 12v revvy (assuming theres no intellifeed, and if there is, please correct me). and ~60bps/3markers is roughly 20bps each marker. that means that those revvys were feeding 20bps to each marker on that monster?! that doesnt sound right. strap 3 halos on there and then ill believe you.

but for now, im going to believe about ~40bps. which is pretty friggin amazing!!!

RamboPreacher
07-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Brak
wait a second... if my calculations are correct, there are 3 seperate markers there. and each one is connected to a 12v revvy (assuming theres no intellifeed, and if there is, please correct me). and ~60bps/3markers is roughly 20bps each marker. that means that those revvys were feeding 20bps to each marker on that monster?! that doesnt sound right. strap 3 halos on there and then ill believe you.

but for now, im going to believe about ~40bps. which is pretty friggin amazing!!! the vl3ks are mine (if you check my page link, it even says I need to remember to crank it slowly when using the vl3ks)... the original test was from the videos and halob's were used.

Jonesie
07-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Just wondering... Does it count as 60bps if it's really three guns doing ~ 20bps?

RamboPreacher
07-03-2003, 11:03 PM
It's not "really" three guns. it is one marker (there is only one PPS Rock pneumatic regulator). each barrel shoots once at any given time and each barrel shoots 3 times per one revolution of the crank - 9 shots per single revolution of the "grind".

besides - what does "count" mean. it's not really tourney legal, and can't really be used in "normal" recreational play either. :)

FooTemps
07-04-2003, 12:27 AM
nafer mana leebodusen durrrrrweeeeeeblehhh!!!

Yeah, I saw that and I started to speak jibberish...

sneakyhacker420
07-04-2003, 12:39 AM
ahhhhhhh how did you get 3 VL 3000's? i want one! *walks to corner and whimpers*

Army
07-04-2003, 02:40 AM
Brent, don't tell me that it's a Zebco crank on that! :D

That one looks 100x better than the original rusty crusty prototype. Did you build it, or did Glen?
Looks sweet...and FUN!

Jack & Coke
07-04-2003, 03:01 AM
Neato!

What kind of gun did you use to make that?

Blazestorm
07-04-2003, 03:47 AM
watch that game.

I

want

that

gun

OMG

ITs like Bssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhh... soooo fast... so much... speed... want... now :(

You win :D

pretty sure thats a blazer.

manike
07-04-2003, 05:31 AM
Insane! :D

Let me know when it needs a good home. :D ;)

I think you should put the three halo's back onto it ;) that video was crazy!

breg
07-04-2003, 05:31 AM
Now you got to work on your Ahhh-nuld accent!
Sweet.
And I command you that if you are playing with that thing, you have to wear a black biker jacket.

sniper1rfa
07-04-2003, 08:24 AM
im with breg on this one, black leather only. ;)

paint magnet
07-04-2003, 10:52 AM
Wow. Imagine that thing mounted on a bipod, with 3 HALO b's at Castle Conquest :eek: :eek:

RamboPreacher
07-04-2003, 11:58 AM
sneakyhacker420 - I have been "collecting" them for almost 2 years, jsut for this marker! I actually have 6! (spares and parts).

Army - I am not sure. I know the prototype had a zebco crank on it, this one is much more robust - maybe off some kind of river rod/reel combo? :) - oh, and I am not anywhere near the airsmith that could build that! I am the idea guy - heheheheee. Glenn and Craig Built it for me.

Jack & Coke - it has the basic essential parts (brass) from the PPS vertical feed typhoon(s), however, it was really built from scratch as a "RP custom" grinder.

Manike - new home - bwahahahaaaaa... Anyway, I am probably not gonne get halo's (no offence meant). Unless I can get a deal somewhere OR if they decide to come up with a 300 ball halo loader!! woot, woot! I would order mine in a heart-beat! I have an eggII that I use on my Blazer and on teh WF on my xmag, I "may" get a couple more so that I can shoot the grinder really fast. :)

I am really more concerned about less reloading than shooting faster (with less paint). I hope to be borrowing a few halo's when I make my digital recording for speed verification. The problem around here is that there aren't that many around this part of the woods, mostly revvies and egg's. That may delay my recording somewhat, since I need to feed it fast, if I want to record it for speed testing. :)

Don't suppose anyone knows someone that would donate a few halo's? After all, what else could keep up if I Grind fast?

RamboPreacher
07-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Since there has been some discussion about weight and carry-factor (and on other threads) - thought I would toss in a couple 4th of July Poser-pictures:

RamboPreacher
07-04-2003, 12:23 PM
and another...

RamboPreacher
07-04-2003, 12:31 PM
and another...

skife
07-04-2003, 12:31 PM
have you ever thought about taking that hand crank off of there and putting on a dewalt? just to see how fast the gun would cycle? hmmm?

MUHHAHHAHAHHA!

RamboPreacher
07-04-2003, 12:37 PM
I thought about it a long time ago and came to the conclusion that CPS makes no difference and those that "brag" about CPS are making claims that are meaningless. It's about balls per second, not how fast the marker will cycle with no load. and if I can crank this thing 6-7 times a second I will be nearly maxing any loader(s) that I can put on it. Check the vids, she "rips" pleanty fast with the hand-crank. :D

Oh and just in case - I weighed it with the empty remote tank and empty loaders - a mere 26 pounds!

sneakyhacker420
07-04-2003, 12:56 PM
halo that holds 300 balls = halo TSA :p

RP, i'll offer to buy some of the VL 3k parts from you... shells lid, screws, and whatnot... then somehow fit my x-board stuff in there... that'll be cool :D

manike
07-04-2003, 02:22 PM
hhmmm.... how far apart are the centres for the feed stubs? ;)

and what about a custom hopper?... would be the only one in the world and probably not that cheap... but it's very possible... with just one fill lid? to make it easier to load...

It would have to be RP'd... (rapid prototyped)... which aint so cheap... but as noted sometimes it aint about the money.

and since I wouldn't have to make it production friendly it wouldn't be an insane amount of work...

cky shane
07-04-2003, 04:35 PM
Your cat looks as scared of that thing as I am.

07-04-2003, 04:51 PM
That gun reminds of a time when my friends dad went down into the woods (at a scenario) with 2 shocker turbos starpped to him. All you heard was burrrrrrrrr burrrrrrrrr and then screams. It was so funny becuase both guns were so heavy and he just waddled down there shot and came back with people screaming.