PDA

View Full Version : x-valve and 800psi

exedotbat
07-04-2003, 07:57 AM
I have an crossfire preset tank that is set for 800psi, and my x-valve isn't reactive. You can feel the trigger reset but thats about it, it doesn't shoot that much faster then the regular valve. I've looked at some of the other topics and people said that presets would work fine. Are all x-valves a little different "reactivity wise", or is that just the reactivity im going to see with 800psi?

Z-man
07-04-2003, 01:43 PM
I have not got my Xvalve on my RT Pro yet but I will say that for both my classic and RT Pro I cannot get a very pingy or reactive feel (much less rapid fire) until around 900+psi and that is on my MaxFlow tank. I was never able to do it on my preset tanks because they don't offer the high flow rate of some of the higher end regs (like say.... a MaxFlow ;) )

personman
07-04-2003, 01:58 PM
I think a diffrent size pin (longer if im not mistaken) will make it more reactive. I dont know if its reccommended by AGD but I think it works I dont know I have never tried it.

Nobody077
07-04-2003, 03:19 PM
Im not shure how long you have had your X-valve but the o-rings have a break-in period, just keep it oiled real good and it should get a little more reactive with time. I run my Retro at 750 and I can sweetspot it there at 800+ it is easy to runaway. Runaway is a malfunction, you dont want your valve to runaway, it will cause bolt and sear wear.

Dayspring
07-04-2003, 10:49 PM
No. You do NOT want to do this. Don't even get me started on this one...

As for reactivity- what exactly are you looking for? The only reactivity you SHOULD see is the gun's trigger kicking back to firing position. THAT'S IT.

Originally posted by personman
I think a diffrent size pin (longer if im not mistaken) will make it more reactive. I dont know if its reccommended by AGD but I think it works I dont know I have never tried it.

Z-man
07-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Is there another form of reactivity on the RT valve besides a responsive trigger?