PDA

View Full Version : need help with new setup

Quickling
07-04-2003, 08:25 AM
I just got my firend into paintball and shee already wants to get her own gear. She plans spending around 2 or 3 hundred on her gear. Probly going to give her a mask so that expense wont need to be incurred.

Now my question is... what do ya'll recomend in that price range?

I have very little experience with spyders except for my friends esprit which seems like a nice marker. Tippmans are also a nice choice I think... but we play speedball on a very small and fast field.

If I personally had to start over with limited funds I would get maybe a BKO or old style shocker..

so what do ya'll recomend in the 2-300 price range (most likely run on CO2)

punkcmonkiez
07-04-2003, 09:03 AM
tippmann 98 custom with an upgraded barrel, double trigger, and revy

lord1234
07-04-2003, 09:09 AM
classic mag with dye 2x frame, gas thru grip, Level 10

Oh wait..i have one for sale....
in her price range
2 fitty
send me an AIM

trevorjk
07-04-2003, 09:37 AM
seeing that your useing an autococker. i would think you would know that you can get autocockers for as low as 175$ on here or pbnation. and chances are they will need to be timed and what not but since your a cocker guy you should have no problem with that

other wise check out automag packages on ebay recentyly they have been going dirt cheap. like $220 for gun rev mask nitro tank and extras so theres a good marker and set up

other wise the only other cheap gun i can recommend would be a tippmann a5 with e-grip although that will be a little over 300

well those are the only guns i have used and i can say are worth the money

but if your really looking for a deal check ebay for mag packages.

devingoode
07-04-2003, 09:41 AM
BKO's need to run on compressed air so dont get that, i'd get her an electronic spyder, 6 stage X-Chamber, good dropforward, and good barrel, 20 oz co2 tank, 12v revy

Quickling
07-04-2003, 09:44 AM
I love cockers but I may only be playing with her for another year, so I don't try and push them on her...if she likes them thats one thing.

I worry about A5s though, with RT they are getting banned a lot

trevorjk
07-04-2003, 09:49 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3616273637&category=16048

you can also get your self a new gun lol
thats just an example of stuff going on ebay.

like 2 days ago i saw an automag with 68/3k tank and intelli and 3 barrels go for $220

so if you watch you will get a nice deal

breg
07-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Unless it's a suprise, why don't you take her to a proshope and let her see what she is comfortable with?
Buying a marker is a personal thing. What you may like is something that some one may hate. Also, I'd advise against cockers as a first marker. try to steer her towards somethng that is not so complex and not quite maintenance intensive. Not to say that they are bad markers, but a first time owner should have some thing that needs less maintenance.
One of the best things I could think of, is going to a field on game day and shooting other people's markers at the chrono range. That can help a lot.

Later,

Breg

Brak
07-04-2003, 04:29 PM
i think an A-5 is a great idea. tippmann reliability, speedball size, and you dont have to buy a hopper

dead_head
07-04-2003, 05:47 PM
buy my mag :)

cky shane
07-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Get her an e-spyder and a palmer stabalizer. Expansion chambers are such a waste.

Spyder Victor: $50.
Palmer Stabalizer: $65.
Sprint Frame: $85.

That's 200 bucks. Get a Revy or Empire Reloader, that's 250ish. There are plenty of 50 dollar barrels.

Quickling
07-05-2003, 12:21 AM
yeah we are all going to a proshop soon and she plans on fondling all the markers there to see what she likes... but she is obviosuly wanting my input on top of that.... and besides my PGPs I have never owned a gun under 500

My roommate has two spyders.. one works one doesnt (mainspring kinked after a few games), so I have no idea what to say about them.

Brett23
07-05-2003, 02:10 AM
Brak makes a good point actually. The A-5 would be the way to go for her if she's only looking to go for 300 bucks. it will work ok with CO2. Its on board hopper design is great. Deffinatley would cut down on price there. Not to mention if she did want to go electro she can just get the grip uprade later.

Syphon
09-08-2003, 02:28 PM
hey my friend is selling a tippy 98 with a few upgrades on it, he is also selling it with a 6+1 harness,goggles,2 co2 tanks

Quickling
09-08-2003, 03:38 PM
sorry but she bought a gun a long time ago