PDA

View Full Version : just a reminder...DONT DRINK!

heftylefty
07-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Yesterday, my friends decided to take some shots of alcohol and get drunk. well they got very drunk and then walked up to the local QFC to hang out. while there, one of my friends passed out there. the other two boys left him there(god knows why). the ambulence came and took him to the hospital. now he is in intensive care being treated for alcohol poisoning. he is concious now and is hopefully getting better. my thoughts goes out to his family and hope he gets better very soon.

so just a reminder.....DONT DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

dansim
07-04-2003, 02:56 PM
how bout dont over induldge, drink responsibly

daveymag
07-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by heftylefty
Yesterday, my friends decided to take some shots of alcohol and get drunk. well they got very drunk and then walked up to the local QFC to hang out. while there, one of my friends passed out there. the other two boys left him there(god knows why). the ambulence came and took him to the hospital. now he is in intensive care being treated for alcohol poisoning. he is concious now and is hopefully getting better. my thoughts goes out to his family and hope he gets better very soon.

so just a reminder.....DONT DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
He'll be fine, I've had alcohol poisoning twice before and it sucks. It sounds like it would be a good idea for you guys to stop drinking though if you are'nt responsible enough to stay in your house while you drink.

shartley
07-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by daveymag
He'll be fine, I've had alcohol poisoning twice before and it sucks. It sounds like it would be a good idea for you guys to stop drinking though if you are'nt responsible enough to stay in your house while you drink.
Because you have had alcohol poisoning twice and were okay HE will be? Do you know how many people DIE of alcohol poisoning?

And staying in your house while drinking does not show “responsibility”, sorry…. Alcohol Poisoning could care less if you are at home, at the club, or at QFC.

Drink in moderation, and stay in control. Once you lose control you are NOT having fun, in spite of what you may think…… heck at that point, you are NOT thinking. Want to have fun but think you have to have fun by drinking? Try drinking just to the point where you start to get a “buzz”, and then only drink enough to keep that…. but no more. And don’t drive.

Be careful folks, you don’t want to make a mistake that can’t be fixed or that stays with you for the rest of your life….. if your life goes past that night at all.

(Of course I am probably wasting my words….. “It will never happen to me.” are words much too powerful to speak over and be heard. ;) )

I hope your friend gets better.

Blazestorm
07-04-2003, 04:23 PM
The thing was these guys were 15 years old.

Not cool... they're all grounded for the summer and I think they deserve it even though one of them is my best friend (One who passed out and is in the hospital)

Smokee_2_7
07-04-2003, 05:03 PM
{oops. editing the first part here b/c i just re-read blazingstorms' post}

I agree- - - they DO deserve to be grounded. Here's why:

It was just stated that they are 15 years old, hmmm .. . that makes them roughly 6 years under the legal drinking age. That means that technically, they were breaking the law (minor in posession) that combined with Public intoxication, and the one guy dang near killing himself- - - Yes, i feel that they should be punished.

I have been there before- - I had one bout with alcohol poisoning. That was a totally miserable experience. Drinking that much is NOT fun whatsoever. By the way, this is coming from a 23 year old fraternity guy that DEFINITLY knows how to party/ drink/ have a good time. Heck, last night my girlfriend and i went out and partied/ drank downtown until about 5:30 this morning. After you figure out how to do it- - - you find out that shartley is right- - Drink just enought to get yourself a good buzz, and then just maintian that level. That's how us old pros manage to party and drink all night long, and don't wind up in the hospital/ dead. Additionally, we either take a taxi or use a D.D. Getting killed b/c you hit a tree (or even worse, killing someone else b/c you hit them), or getting a D.U.I/ D.W.I does more than just ruin your evening.

As far as im concerned, the moral of this thread is in fact, DONT DRINK unless you are of legal age, and after that point, LEARN TO DRINK RESPONSIBLY (i.e. learn how to party RIGHT!!)

Carl

shartley
07-04-2003, 05:03 PM
That is definately not a good thing. And I will leave it at that.... ;)

ZAust
07-04-2003, 05:10 PM
...or just dont drink at all. many people, including myself, feel that they dont need outside substances to have a good time.

Smokee_2_7
07-04-2003, 05:15 PM
Zaust, I agree with you also. .

I do not think people need outside substances to have a good time. The most enjoyable/ fun experiences of my life have been when I had no alcohol in my body whatsoever.

However, i do not feel that there is anything wrong with using a legal substance in Moderation, provided that you do so in a fashion that does not endanger yourself or others. That's the catch to my standpoint 1. Legal (meaning that you are of legal age) and 2. moderation. There's no point in going out and getting beligerently drunk. Period.

shartly, what exactly were you reffering to as being 'not good'? im not following you. . .

Carl

shartley
07-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Smokee_2_7
shartly, what exactly were you reffering to as being 'not good'? im not following you. . .

Carl
I was commenting on their ages…… you slipped your post in while I was typing. :)

Smokee_2_7
07-04-2003, 05:22 PM
Gotcha. now it all makes sense.
(like i said. .. i was practically out till dawn last night. . still recovering) :)

Blazestorm
07-04-2003, 06:06 PM
The one who was in the hospital is now at home and sleeping.

I totally lost respect for the other two who ditched him. Even when you're drunk you know who's your friend and you should have some sense of what to do. Not touchin the stuff until I'm 21 unless its a certain celerbration with parents premission (aka New Years Eve, glass of shampane) Something like that.

I believe it was one of the ones that ditched kory (aka RetardRice) who supplied the alocohol (most likely from home in the cupboards) Still irks me that they would do that. RetardRice is not the kind of person to do that, and the other two are not true friends if they'd ditch him.

LittleKrems
07-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Blazestorm
The one who was in the hospital is now at home and sleeping.

I totally lost respect for the other two who ditched him. Even when you're drunk you know who's your friend and you should have some sense of what to do. Not touchin the stuff until I'm 21 unless its a certain celerbration with parents premission (aka New Years Eve, glass of shampane) Something like that.

I believe it was one of the ones that ditched kory (aka RetardRice) who supplied the alocohol (most likely from home in the cupboards) Still irks me that they would do that. RetardRice is not the kind of person to do that, and the other two are not true friends if they'd ditch him.

if they didnt ditch him, he wouldnt of gotton to the hostpital as quickley, and the poisoning could of been worse.

Automaggin2
07-04-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm not a heavy drinker at all, in fact, i only drink on special occasions. Last weekend me and some friends went to the Jersey shore for a kids graduation party, and I drank. Drank a little. well, ok, drank ALOT. I seriously thought i had acohol poisining. I passed out on my friends driveway at his shore house, i had know idea where i was or what i was doing. My friends told me so much stuff that I don't remmeber doing. And my stomach hurt for the next 2 days later. O man, I think I'm gonna lay off the alcohol for a long time, or drink in moderation.

Demobilized
07-04-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Blazestorm

Have u ever been drunk to the point of nearly passing out? If your friend got alcohol posining then the ohter two where most likely pretty drunk. With that much alcohol in your blood you don't think cleary or rationally. Heck you really don't think at all. With that said I can gurantee you that your other two friends didn't sit there and think "Lets leave kory because we dont like him!". No, they probally hardly even noticed that he was unconcious and at the point they were at God knows they might as well be unconious, because you really can't function.

With that said you don't think you should hold any grudge against the two guys. I think they got the message not too drink when their friend nearly died.

And give your friend my best wishes on his recovery.

Matt_mg
07-04-2003, 09:03 PM
... how do you people manage to get alcohol poisoning?

Well anyway, all I gotta say is that you should know your limits if you don't you'll get sick often :p

MagMan5446
07-04-2003, 09:34 PM
I've drink. I've been drinking since I was in 7th grade. Alcohol, no doubt about it, couldn't live without it. Am I proud of this? No. Am I ashamed? Not at all. However, going out and having a good time drunk, or just getting wasted with a buddy at home is different than being stupid drunk. As your friends were. At that point it just makes the booze you drank a waste because being stupid drunk sucks.

...and people wasting booze need their *** kicked.

heftylefty
07-05-2003, 02:26 AM
i just talked to one of the kids that left kory at QFC. he said that they took 4 shots of tequila and everyone had the same amount. the reason kory got alcohol poisoning was because he was dehydrated at the time. he is getting better, but has a pretty bad hang over.

hylen1
07-05-2003, 02:51 AM
Hello,

I am the elusive figure that "left his friend drunk as hell behind QFC". Lemme set the record straight, we were all at the QFC, then we realized we had lost kory, we got out to see him thorwing up on himself. At this time a lady at the store next to QFC sees him thorw up and calls an ambulence because he was clearly drunk. So we are holding the staggering kory around as he tried to walk, we made about 75 yards before he passed out onto some gravel, then my friend and I, quite drunk at the moment decided we had to go back to the qfc and use the bathroom, we took at most 5 mins, we came back and there was an ambulence. WE got scared and didnt want to be seen drunk by authority figures so we sat down. we then kinda of woke up and started thinking rationally, i went home called my parents, then kory's parents, the went tothe hospital and told the doctors and his parents what exactly happened.

The only reason i wrote this was because everyone was telling me that i just left him to lay drunk in the street, but i compnsated for it by smart actions that ithought with a clear head.

Also, thanks to my friends for putting my personal matters online without even tlaking to me.

Blazestorm
07-05-2003, 02:55 AM
I'm not your friend. And would never be your friend.

Good friends don't let other friends do stupid stuff.

hylen1
07-05-2003, 02:58 AM
then why did my freind let me get drunk

Blazestorm
07-05-2003, 02:59 AM
Your house, your alocohol, Not his.

He did it because of peer pressure.

hylen1
07-05-2003, 03:05 AM
you are different from kory and me then , you sit on the comp all day on your fat ***, we go out and have fun, we just made a bad desicion and we are paying for it, peer pressure will maybe make you take a drink or two, but it wont take you as far as alcohal poisening, in the end he was getting drinks without me knowing. We were having fun, then got too drunk to realize we were in trouble.

Blazestorm
07-05-2003, 03:08 AM
sit on my comp all day? I've been working and outside since the beginning of the summer. I'm on the computer at night.

I had a lot of fun today, blowin lots of stuff up... You were being stupid and having fun, having fun I don't care about, being stupid... you guys could have decided not to, could have gone to QFC and hung out, lit off fireworks today, had a kickass time, than go paintballing tomorrow, but instead you drank a poison because you had it available, you lost control of your body and you're paying for your actions. A lot of fun that is for what the 30 minutes of fun you had after drinking the stuff?

doesn't sound like much fun to me

LittleKrems
07-05-2003, 06:31 PM
now kids... blazestorm, you didnt have any right to post this, but he really should care cuz its not like he knows us. and other dude, it was a bad desicion. but like he said u are paying for it but now its all good. the only one you should care about is the kid thats in the hospitol. stop being dumb