PDA

View Full Version : Whammy bar

Fuji
07-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Does anyone remember the whammy bar that they had coming out for the angel? There was a lot of talk, but no one I know got a chance to use one. This was like what, 2-3 years ago?

Did any one get to shoot it? How was it?

Surreal
07-04-2003, 10:55 PM
it's extremely easy to make one of those. just make/get a threaded rod, and drill a hole in the side of your trigger to screw the rod into..

Fuji
07-04-2003, 10:59 PM
I imagine it is quite easy to do. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it out. I remember quite a bit of hype, and then... nothing. Like vaporware.

sneakyhacker420
07-04-2003, 11:04 PM
wtf was the whammy bar?

Clnick6
07-04-2003, 11:47 PM
What is a whammy bar i know theres one ony my guitar but i dont think thats what it is mayby you poot it on the triggar and move it up and down like a whammy? now i gotta look this up on google darn......

07-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Omg omg my best friends Dad invented it. :D I have one somewhere. The problem was they werent tournament legal with the new guns have to have trigger guard rule.

Clnick6
07-04-2003, 11:57 PM
Well what is it i looked on google ask jeeves and pb review i go ta bunch of stuff with guitar whammy bars and i realy want to know what this is now!

Clnick6
07-05-2003, 12:19 AM
I am just going to start a threat to find out what this thing is!:mad:

Fuji
07-05-2003, 06:32 AM
The whammy bar came out at a 90 degree angle to the trigger, perpendicular to the marker. Imagine a small rod sticking out the side of the trigger, your trigger had a hold cut in and the rod placed through it. How it was mounted, I have no idea. Now, in theory you could tap your finger on the whammy bar and walk the trigger really easily. It was kind of an ergonomic trigger walking tool. If you have trouble visualizing how this worked, get a chopstick, cut a piece off (about an inch long) and tape it to your trigger about half way down, or close to the bottom. Obviously temporary, but it demonstrates how this worked.