PDA

View Full Version : New Marker

Tobe2be
07-04-2003, 04:06 PM
ok thinking of getting a new marker to play with and to customize. i am truly interested in a e-mag but i want to get out of mag a bit so i can appreciate them more. well i was thinking of a cocker. i dont know much about them cuz since i started ive been playing with a mag. proud owner of two of them and soon to be three. but anyways what should i look at when im buying a cocker. also is there any other recomendations for another marke and i know slipknot is going to tell me to get into a timmy. i dont know much about any other marker but a mag . keeping that im mind i want something that i can take apart and put back together like i do with my mag. thanks for reading. and please dont tell to stay with a mag i have 3 of them and im happy i just want to try something new.

Brak
07-04-2003, 04:28 PM
im going to tell you to get a timmy too.

Smokee_2_7
07-04-2003, 04:52 PM
If you thinking along the lines of an autococker, I would suggest somthing with an eblade. Very nice trigger pull (see the emag vs eblade thread in this forum), as well as anti chop eye. If you looking at building one from scratch, I would reccomend putting all orracle internals and front pneumatics on it- - - From everything ive seen, it's the best there is right now. Additionally, that's what I have on mine (eblade w/ orracle guts) and it's pretty sweet. Building one from the ground up will be extremely costly. I always reccomend that you find someone with one that's setup properly and has been taken care of, and see if you can snag it used for a good price. (hint, hint) :)

anyway, just my reccomendation.

Carl

MaChu
07-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Impulse
or
Matrix

Impulse-$400, with a few upgrades a very good gun

Matrix-With bolt kit and trinity, a very VERY good gun, running to about $700 used?

FalconGuy016
07-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Whats your budjet?

sps16
07-04-2003, 08:10 PM
the only way to know for sure is to shoot the guns you want before you buy

Tobe2be
07-04-2003, 09:49 PM
well i dont want to get into pricey cuz if im get into the $600 range i'll snatch a e-mag and call it quits but i dont want to spend more than 400-500. so keeping that in mind keep your suggestion coming and smokee just pm me and we can getting something moving but i still am waiting for the sale of my car.is anyone going to AO NJ and is bringing something thats not a mag so i can get a few rounds off of it. thanks for you help fellas

Tobe2be
07-05-2003, 09:37 AM
well i would like more suggestion cuz im getting bout time to buy a marker but im lost. thanks

spydervenom
07-05-2003, 01:31 PM
i have a timmy and a cocker, i prefer my timmy and am getting rid of my cocker.

if you've ever taken a spyder apart, timmys are just as easy to take apart.

Tobe2be
07-05-2003, 03:52 PM
well thats what im kinda of lookin for something that can be taken apart easy and put together easy. how much are timmys running for and what should i look for...now i think i need the knowledge of slipnot. thanks

rehme
07-05-2003, 04:28 PM
vapor bushy

spydervenom
07-05-2003, 09:34 PM
you can get a sweet classic for under 550, or 650+ you can get a gz if you look hard.

Tobe2be
07-05-2003, 10:22 PM
thanks but for that i'll get a e-mag.not looking to spend over 4-500

nuclear zombie
07-05-2003, 10:31 PM
I say get a 03' stock autococker , it comes with swing trigger , custom milling and shiny annodizing . You can upgrade (if you call it an upgrade ) anything on the gun . If you are mechanically inclined there are plenty of sources on the net that explain how it works and how to time it .

Some people mention the e-blade , from my experience with an aftermarket 3-way , and spring kit you can get the trigger pull reliably down to about 3mm and a very light pull , using a swing trigger .

Also if you learn how one works it can come in very handy , you would be surprised at the amount of people who own autocockers but cannot time them :)

BTW
www.worr.com list them for msrp $399
but you can usually find them for around $340-360 new
i.e.
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-9014.html

Tobe2be
07-05-2003, 10:44 PM
how much in total will i be spending on a cocker to get 3mm light pull