PDA

View Full Version : Back player question regarding gun.

Squirrel Bate
07-05-2003, 05:01 PM
I played yesterday and today at my local field and started playing back for up coming tourny's. From the back I've have trouble taking guys out. I'm a pretty good shot and from the back my balls don't seem to have the range that guys I'm playing agaist do. Mine tend to drop off more than my opponents. Most of the game the other teams back player shots seemed to zip by compared to mine. I have the X-valve and it shoots great and I have no compaints, however are these guy shooting "hot" or is this the "drop off" I've heard of with mags? Also, my mag is cronoed at 290. Any help. Thasnks.

68magOwner
07-05-2003, 05:11 PM
do you have a good ball to barrel match up, if your barrel is way to large for your balls, it could pose a problem, but no its not the "mag drop off" that dosent exist all guns have the same range at the same shooting speed (except flatline-tippman, Zbody-mag)

fire1811
07-05-2003, 05:38 PM
chances are there shooting around the same as you

if you are new to playing back it a totally different world then up front. you cant just shoot right at the bunker you need to aim higher. exactly how high will come with experience.
about you not shooting ppl out.
well thats not really a back players job during the game
just keep your eyes on where the other players are moving too and where there at now. most of the shooting you will be doing is shooting lanes or keeping there players in so your front guys can move up.

Squirrel Bate
07-05-2003, 08:21 PM
OK, thanks for the info.

BajaBoy
07-05-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by 68magOwner
do you have a good ball to barrel match up, if your barrel is way to large for your balls, it could pose a problem, but no its not the "mag drop off" that dosent exist all guns have the same range at the same shooting speed (except flatline-tippman, Zbody-mag)

if he is shooting at 290 then he is shooting at 290 no matter what the bore match is. Squirrel Bate, your jyst not use to it yet. Give it some time and you will lurn how to shoot people out. (i played front for once and i thought i was shooting hot, agian i wasnt use to it)

armyboot
07-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Playing back isn't necessarily about getting kills.

A lot has to do with keeping your opponents bunkered down allowing your front/mid guys to advance and get angles on them.

When I play back, I don't worry about getting kills at all.

SK has a good article in this month's PGI.

sniper1rfa
07-05-2003, 09:14 PM
its an optical illusion. The paint your shooting is moving directly away from you, so you essentially have no depth perception at all when it come to watching the paint go. meaning you cant accurately judge its speed. Its moving just as fast as everybody else's.

andreb
07-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Yeah man, when you're on the receiving end and you hear those balls whistle by you it would probably look as if they are faster than yours but to the guy your shooting at, your balls look just as lethal.

Regards,

Andre