PDA

View Full Version : Air leak problem

Philter
07-05-2003, 06:53 PM
Well, my mag had a leaking problem the first few times i used it, then i bought power tube spacers and tried those on, but they didn't seem to be the problem either because i took the gun apart one day and oiled it up real nice and it worked perfectly when i played after that, with no leaks what-so-ever. Then i took it apart again and re-esembled it and it began leaking again even after i oiled it like last time. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Also, whenever i put the gun back together and then try to take it apart again this little thing ( im not sure what it's called) sticks out and im not able to take the bolt out without taking apart the trigger first and pushing the little thing back in first. Ugh, hopefully this isn't too confusing, but im getting frustrated so please someone try to help me. Thanks in advance.

vamicromagger
07-05-2003, 07:18 PM
Welcome to AO! The little thing you are talking about may be the on/off pin. Usually pulling the trigger after you've de-gassed everything and before you start taking things apart will push it back in the hole. You'll need to give a little more info about the leak, where and when it's happening, and what your setup is, Nitro?, Level ten?

Philter
07-05-2003, 07:38 PM
actually i just came back on the forum to say that i realized it is the on/off pin that is sticking up, but I dont think that is responsible for the leak. Well my setup is Nitro, and i have a drop forward. The leak occurs when i pull the trigger, i get a hissing/popping sound, but i can stop it with a quick pull back and snap of the trigger. I'm not really sure it appears to either be coming from the barrel or the trigger. I oiled my trigger arm thing once and that seemed to help, but it doesnt anymore.

Philter
07-05-2003, 07:41 PM
This is probably somewhat off topic, and doesnt directly relate to the problem either but when i tighten my velocity quite a bit, that tends to cause leaks too. I dont know much about velocity either so a lesson in that would help. All i know is tighter, makes it fire harder, and visa versa.

Philter
07-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Pulling the trigger after i fire doesnt appear that it will help to push the on/off pin back in either, because i never used to have to worry about that, the problem just suddenly began last time i took the gun apart to oil it. Also the part of the trigger that pushes the pin back up doesnt appear to move either when i pull the trigger.

DonkeyKong
07-06-2003, 07:21 PM
the you tighten the velocity adjuster it creates less room for the air to expand in so there is more pressure since it is the same amount of air in a smaller area which causes the ball to be pushed harder and faster