PDA

View Full Version : No-rise worth it?

TheJester
07-05-2003, 08:45 PM
I'm kinda in a slump with upgrades, there's not much more i can do. here's an older pic of my setup, but it still does justice. my main question here is, is the no-rise body worth spendin 150 bucks on? i was watching a chicago open game today and there was an interview with tom kaye, and in which he states with that body, and the halo b, they tested it to burst (key word burst) up to 50 bps. not that i need that speed (have a minimag w/ intelliframe, so it's all mechanical), but it's still a cool fact. i'm a front player, don't take very many hopper shots, but i'm just now seriously getting in tournies, so that may soon change as i play with a more expeirenced crowd.

i would kinda like something new (short of an entire new setup) but don't know what to do

specs:
minimag of left body
halo b
12 in AA barrel (soon to be freak or J&J edge [any ideas on that?]) *edit* what about this idea I'd also say get Doc Nickel's cocker thread adapter so you can get a nice cocker threaded barrel system I love my Powerlyte Scepter. *end edit*
x-valve
blade intelliframe
cp mini gas thru
32* flame drop
32* on/off asa

p.s. sorry to post yet another one of these "newbie" questions on what to do, but i'm kinda stuck

ß.C.
07-05-2003, 08:48 PM
If you could sell the body for atleast $75 I'd say go for the norise, but that's my opinion :D

Catch22
07-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Have you ever considered warpfeed?

It will definetly cut down your profile and you can feed faster than other players!:) :D

EsPo
07-05-2003, 09:01 PM
warp would be uber nice if it wasnt so heavy.. i had a mag almost like yours but with warp/warp body.. and it was nice but uber heavy...

i'd sell the mainbody and go for ULE body

TheJester
07-05-2003, 09:01 PM
yes i've considered warp, and decided against it. and i don't mind the weight at all, it's perfectly balanced, and honestly i don't think it's heavy at all

fire1811
07-05-2003, 09:06 PM
i had a norise on my retromag when i played front/mid and loved it. feed it with an evo2 and halo couldnt outshoot either of them with it. and yes i can shoot fast.

i really loved the norise would still have it if i didnt have my xmag.

go for it

Rmarks
07-05-2003, 09:20 PM
I love my No-Rise and I think it looks better than the ULE bodies. I'd say it's definately worth it over your current body. I'd also say get Doc Nickel's cocker thread adapter so you can get a nice cocker threaded barrel system :) I love my Powerlyte Scepter.

Torbo
07-05-2003, 10:49 PM
sure, or a ULE. Go for it. And i would get the edge kit over the Freak, bc its better made, and a lot cheaper.

sneakyhacker420
07-05-2003, 10:56 PM
get the ULE body

same price as the no-rise and it accepts cocker threads out of the box

not to mention thats its hella light

pito189
07-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
get the ULE body

same price as the no-rise and it accepts cocker threads out of the box

not to mention thats its hella light

Here, here.

Any of the AL bodies will work. Take a gander at mine for example. :D

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83196&highlight=chorded

sneakyhacker420
07-05-2003, 11:07 PM
yeah... but the chords are $200+

pito189
07-05-2003, 11:18 PM
An ULE body is about the same price as the no-rise though. Comes in colors too.

rehme
07-05-2003, 11:32 PM
i would say no-rise

the ule bodies dont come in chrome and the no-rise is a chrome body.

it would look alot better on your gun then a ule

pito189
07-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Tunaman, sells raw ULE bodies I believe. That is an option.

TheJester
07-06-2003, 08:26 AM
i would actually kinda like to stay away from aluminum bodies. not that i don't have faith in them, but i would like the durablity of the stainless when i'm crawling around in the snake.

sneakyhacker420
07-06-2003, 08:49 AM
look at the PTP micromag bodies, they're aluminum and people have loved them for years!

hell, i've crawled the snake with my cocker and impulse on multiple occasions

thy're both still in mint condition