PDA

View Full Version : gloves are smelly :O

EsPo
07-05-2003, 09:10 PM
yeah.. how on earth do you wash your paintball gloves? I dont know about you, but mine have developed a constant stink, and a sort of.. film.. whenever i put them on and take them off (even for a split second), my hands will feel all grungy and smell uber bad. They are 32* gloves and my mom said not to wash them :O

how do you get the stank out?

afrankart
07-05-2003, 09:54 PM
I'd try some of that shoe powder that eliminates moisture and odor. I think Gold Bond makes some good stuff.

dropkick1
07-05-2003, 10:01 PM
u can wash the, i wash my gloves after every time i play, and i have JT premire 2001 gloves.

ken

spydervenom
07-05-2003, 10:03 PM
i have some jt gloves and they smell horendous(sp?) they make me wanna vomit.

Tron
07-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Wash them... Moms saying not to wash them are talking about old school gloves that didn't take paint, sweat, and dirt all day.

-Tron

BajaBoy
07-05-2003, 10:21 PM
i use Fox gloves, about 2 years old but look new. They smell like new and have only washed them about 5 times.

AcemanPB
07-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Yeah I wash my gloves every couple of times I play paintball and they turn out fine.

(I have '03 DYE core gloves if that helps?)

AdrenalineMag
07-05-2003, 10:23 PM
i know what you mean, i had to wash my dye gloves cause every time i put them on it felt like i stuck my hands in a swamp. not to mention the smell... btu then again it could be my redz gear bag, its starting to give me flashbacks of my hockey days cause it smells like my hockey bag...

Torbo
07-05-2003, 10:31 PM
could try hand washing them, it would be easier on the material

fire1811
07-05-2003, 10:38 PM
i just had wash mine in the sink
quick, easy, effective

sneakyhacker420
07-05-2003, 10:39 PM
the crap inside is buildup of sweat, paint, and gelatin

my DYE gloves said do not wash, and i threw them in the washer anyways

they just came out a bit fuzzy afterwards, but after another day of use, they were just fine

i wash them every month or so now

and espo, thoes 32º gloves deserve to die... if they are destroyed in the washing mashine :p

nippinout
07-05-2003, 11:23 PM
I've handwashed and machine washed my JT Rave 600 gloves.

They shrank a tiny bit, which feels a lot nicer now that it's more 'tactile'. Really clean. I was surprised that some people don't wash their stuff.

Washing gear is part of my ritual before and after playing.

Mav D MagMan
07-05-2003, 11:39 PM
You guys don't wash your gloves? EEEEEEw what is nasty. ;)

I wash it every night after I play, no matter what.

Besides, most pb equip is non-*machine* wash. That doesn't mean that taking it out and hosing it down or hand washing it in your sink is going to hurt it any!

For the sake of the rest of us, please wash your smelly gear ;)

(Besides it keeps it looking nicer, don't you hate having paint stained $60+ packs etc?)

Mav

spacedtedybear
07-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Spray em with water from your garden hose, then wash em.

adam shannon
07-06-2003, 12:48 AM
that smell is rotting pig parts and fish guts they use to make the balls and fill. wash those stinky pinky covers. i have had and washed (machine wash hot/cold) both jt and dye gloves. after a couple dozen washes the '02 dyes started to come apart...the velcro seperated from the rubber backing on the closure flap....no biggie though they still work, just trimmed the flapping rubber nub.

Gadget
07-06-2003, 06:47 AM
I've had the same pair of JT concept gloves since 1995 - they get chucked in the machine along with the rest of my gear after every day's play and still look great....and smell lovely :)

EsPo
07-06-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
and espo, thoes 32º gloves deserve to die... if they are destroyed in the washing mashine :p
hey hey.... thats all i could afford man. It was either BE or 32*.. tough choice

SG Avenger
07-06-2003, 10:11 AM
You tell your mom to get back in the kitchen, and make you some pie!

Then take your gloves and go to a sink and give them a good hose down, use a small dab of soap too, just be sure to rinse it all out.

If you are using Dye gloves like myself. be prepared for a flood of black dye to fill up your sink. I had no idea so much access crap was left inside my gloves.

FalconGuy016
07-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Go put them in the washer, its not going to do anything

Dryden
07-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Turn the gloves inside out, then throw them in the washer (cold water) with everything else. It won't hurt the gloves a bit. After the wash is done, set them aside on top of the dryer.

Machine wash isn't a problem, it's machine dry that will ruin them. The heat will shrink the glove fabric, but not any plastic and stitching on the backs of the hands, so they will end up falling apart eventually. Extremely hot wash water or a faulty dryer could also melt the plastic (like what's on the old JT Rave & Kevlar gloves).

If the gloves are still nasty, spritz 'em with some Fabreeze, then stuff a fabric softener sheet into the palm of each glove and store them that way.

funkmunky56
07-06-2003, 10:30 PM
i put a lil' bit of dish soap across my fingers, slide em in the gloves, drip a little more on the palms of the gloves, then rub them together under warm running water for like 5 minutes til the water comes out non-soapy... then I take the gloves off and run the water inside for a bit.

once I'm done, I usually squeeze as dry as possible, and leave them on my dashboard, on a piece of papertowel, for a day or two.

LIKE BRAND NEW, I TELL YOU!!!

and I do this with JT gloves, Dye gloves, and Redz gloves. all turn out great. :D --Dave

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
07-06-2003, 11:45 PM
I wash mine after every time of playing. I have Dye 02 gloves. They are holding up just fine

the_next_guy_
07-09-2003, 12:33 AM
I don't know where you live, but if you can, keep some surf wax in them. I do that to my hockey bag and it works really well.

rkjunior303
07-09-2003, 10:05 AM
This happens all the time with my hockey gloves.. From all the sweat along with the paint, etc I bet they stink.... I usually wash my hockey gloves in the washing machine w/ a little murphy's oil soap b/c of the leather palms but you can wash Paintball gloves probbaly like you wash hockey equipment, with some Tide along with a small bit of amonia to get the funk out... (i have to do that to my hockey gear that doesn't have leatehr).

EsPo
07-09-2003, 10:33 AM
ok ok.. geeze.. i washed them two times and they are almost brand new again!
thanks for the reassurance

Albinonewt
07-09-2003, 11:51 AM
I tend to forget that I put my JT gloves in my cargo pants' pockets and they get washed by accident. They still wear fine, look new, and smell nice.

Ugh, now to get away from this thread. I feel like an armed Martha Stewart.

um, without the stock fraud. I never bothered with ImClone.

jdev
07-09-2003, 12:11 PM
i turn mind inside out, since they are half fingered, thats just kinda how they come off.

then, I throw em in with my regular wash, then air dry..

work fine after that. :)

Crazy
07-09-2003, 01:59 PM
i also just throw mine in the washing machine with my pants and jersey... i have the 2k2 dye core division gloves. Only problem i have is that they STAIN my hands black... and no matter how much i was them, they always stain .