PDA

View Full Version : Questions About My Mag ! HELP !

68MagDfeater
07-06-2003, 06:34 PM
I just got my 68 classic mag about 2 months ago and I had no idea about what i was bying except for the fact that i new you can do a lot of things to them and there pretty reliable and also how small they are and how well they shoot. But as i soon found out you can never be content with how well it shoots as well there plain looks. so i went into research about my mag and i found some pretty useful tips and ideas like the level 10 and the x valve and the reto valve etc. but i still had a couple of ?'s in my mind screaming at the top of their lungs wanting to be answered but i just couldnt find them as easy as i thought i could so i came here hoping that they would get answered. well i was reading about the x valve and it looked and sounded great but you know money is an issue with us 15 year olds these days so which type of valve would be the best? question #2-- Can you put those ULE bodies on the original 68 classic automag or does it not fit and i would really like to know what kind of up grades would be the best for my old mag.such as Type of trigger,type of boddy- power feed or regular right feed-etc. thanx for taking the time to read my forum if you have any ideas or suggestions please help...!!

SpecialBlend2786
07-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Hey, welcome to AO.

The X-Valve is pretty expensive, and most people do say that it is worth the money. However, i find that i can shoot plenty fast with just the stock AIR valve. I've heard that the Lvl 10 works wonders if you chop alot of balls. When you buy the Xvalve, it comes witht the Lvl 10, so its kinda like getting a 2 for 1 deal.

The ULE boddies will fit your automag, but before installing it you will have to push out the little trwist lock thingy that locks the barrel in out of your rail. REmember if your getting a ULE that it takes cocker barrels.

Upgrades:
FOr the trigger, definitly an Intelliframe. Some people have also said that the Dye frames work well too. FOr the body type, i went with a power feed, cause it can feed faster and is more relyable. The downside is that you can't see down the barrel, because the powerfeed gets in the way. but its a small sacrifice. umm...some other upgrades you should look into are maybe a new barrel, and a new hopper.
Hope this helps. Good luck.