PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations on Shartley's new grips

Animal Mother
07-06-2003, 09:04 PM
http://dyeprecision.com/images/hardparts/sticky/Sticky3_Blue.gif

+ Fit's E/X-Mag = Millions sold.

I'll take mine in black. Now hop to it!

hehehe.. just a suggestion to make them look as much as you can like the Dye grips.. that would be awesome. Anyone else have any ideas?

Brak
07-06-2003, 09:52 PM
WORD.

Dayspring
07-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Too bad you have to factor in the Window for E/Xmags.

And the Dye sticky 3s tear from what I've been hearing.. So emulating Dye MIGHT not be the best thing to do.

Originally posted by Animal Mother
http://dyeprecision.com/images/hardparts/sticky/Sticky3_Blue.gif

+ Fit's E/X-Mag = Millions sold.

I'll take mine in black. Now hop to it!

hehehe.. just a suggestion to make them look as much as you can like the Dye grips.. that would be awesome. Anyone else have any ideas?

Animal Mother
07-07-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring

That's part of "making it fit an E-mag".

I wouldn't even care if it didn't have a window, but since shartley is making them from the ground up then why not.

I don't get it why AGD doesn't make grips themselves.. stop production of their recycled tire girps they bundle with their $1500 gun, add a bit of rubber and make it look decent. The original mag had AGD made grips.. remember those plastic ones that had a sandpaper texture to them with finger grooves?

Shartley said he was going to start coming up with designs soon so that's why I made this thread. Hopefully they will look modern like the Dye grips and not something that belongs on a Colt 1911 .45 ACP... wood and ivory etc. are cool and all.. it just looks out of place on a super duper modern hi-tech computerized marker like an X-Mag or E-Mag.. just MY opinion.. lets give Shartley some ideas so we get what we want and Shartley can get what he wants (selling them by the boat loads for 8 times what it costs him to make since he's the ONLY one making them).

I'd pay $50 or more for Dye Sticky 3's that fit my E-Mag... don't need to be sticky, I just love the look.

wyn1370
07-07-2003, 06:28 AM
Anyone else have any ideas?
don't buy any

Animal Mother
07-07-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370

don't buy any

http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/ladies.jpg

shartley
07-07-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring

And the Dye sticky 3s tear from what I've been hearing.. So emulating Dye MIGHT not be the best thing to do.

You are very correct. My E/X-Mag grips will not have a back strap. Folks also have to keep in mind that there are two types of grip frames for E-Mags, and a back strap would prevent the grips from being used on the curved backed grip frames.

That's part of "making it fit an E-mag".

I wouldn't even care if it didn't have a window, but since shartley is making them from the ground up then why not.

I don't get it why AGD doesn't make grips themselves.. stop production of their recycled tire girps they bundle with their $1500 gun, add a bit of rubber and make it look decent. The original mag had AGD made grips.. remember those plastic ones that had a sandpaper texture to them with finger grooves?

Shartley said he was going to start coming up with designs soon so that's why I made this thread. Hopefully they will look modern like the Dye grips and not something that belongs on a Colt 1911 .45 ACP... wood and ivory etc. are cool and all.. it just looks out of place on a super duper modern hi-tech computerized marker like an X-Mag or E-Mag.. just MY opinion.. lets give Shartley some ideas so we get what we want and Shartley can get what he wants (selling them by the boat loads for 8 times what it costs him to make since he's the ONLY one making them).

I'd pay $50 or more for Dye Sticky 3's that fit my E-Mag... don't need to be sticky, I just love the look.
I do not plan on selling them at $50 or more. I am looking at HALF that price. It is not just about making money and being the only one making grips. That would just be wrong IMHO. I want to make a good product at a reasonable price.

As for the look, yes I plan on making them fit the “image” of a paintball marker vs a firearm. So don’t worry about that any more. ;)

Oh… and the E/X-mag grips WILL have windows in them. They will in fact use the same window that AGD currently uses.

The first grips will be BLACK. Colors may come later, but I want to make sure the first grips I make will work on any and all E/X-Mags… and BLACK fits the bill. Also keep in mind that I am designing a set that also has removable panel jewels that CAN be colored, have images in them, etc. So folks will have several choices.

Originally posted by wyn1370

don't buy any
LOL And yes, that is a choice as well. My feelings would not even be hurt. I know that not everyone will buy every product that is out there, for many reasons. My goal is to provide good products for those that DO want to buy them.

I thank all those with interest in this product.

dansim
07-07-2003, 08:06 AM
and if he even thinks of making a copy of dye stickies 3, he'll be a bootlegger, and there for would leave the forum no choice but to report him and hell be homeless in NH polay 3 card monte with the tourists....okay maybe not that far:eek:

shartley
07-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by dansim
and if he even thinks of making a copy of dye stickies 3, he'll be a bootlegger, and there for would leave the forum no choice but to report him and hell be homeless in NH polay 3 card monte with the tourists....okay maybe not that far:eek:
Actually you are partially correct. :D If I made copies of Dye’s grips without permission I WOULD leave the forum and hope folks would report me. ;)

Rest assured, the new grips will be self designed from the ground up. For business purposes I do take other company’s intellectual and copyrights seriously. And that is not a bad thing.

Animal Mother
07-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Sounds good man :)

Any chance you'll do some type of scetches or prototypes and get a popular opinion?

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

shartley
07-07-2003, 10:11 AM
Sounds good man :)

Any chance you'll do some type of scetches or prototypes and get a popular opinion?

Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Thanks. And no, I will not be posting sketches or prototypes for direct feedback. Sorry.

(Added: This of course is not to be confused with me not being open to recommendations and suggestions… which I AM open to.)

Star_Base_CGI
07-07-2003, 02:59 PM
And thus was born...

XGRIPS!

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Then his whole 'custom' business can turn into 32*.

You know, like those store brand cokes....

'Dr. Thunder'

'Mountain Ligthning'

:p those drinks have funny names

spydervenom
07-07-2003, 07:44 PM
the jewel in the grips are way too big. may not seem like it in pics but it really is IMO

FalconGuy016
07-07-2003, 08:05 PM
An emag will finally have everything I want (when I finally buy it... lol)