PDA

View Full Version : "Caring for your nitro tank"

Corbet
07-07-2003, 12:26 PM
I was wondering if there was any site that explains how to care for your nitro tank and regulator and how to keep it in working condition and stuff.

Brak
07-07-2003, 12:33 PM
here. i have some tips for you:

-get a dust cover for your fill nipple. it will keep you from having lots of problems

-get a tank cover, it will also keep you from having lots of problems

-keep the input pressure at the same place most of the time. (if you have an adjustable) if you mess with it too much you wont have the right pressure and it might leak.

-keep roughly 200psi in the tank at all times. it will keep moisture from accumulating on the inside of the tank, resulting in deterioration of the aluminum inside the tank.
(courtesy of the scuba thread)

Corbet
07-07-2003, 12:49 PM
How come fiber wrapped tanks are so sensitive? I'm really worried that I'll ruin it when I get it... I got a REDZ Tank Cover... will that be good enough?

Brak
07-07-2003, 12:53 PM
fiber tanks arent "sensitive". they are made to take a LOT of pressure, they wont crack and explode if you accidentally bang it on something, but i dont recommend trying. REDZ tank covers are fine. a tube sock will work too (espo), as long as theres something protecting scratches.

GT
07-07-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Corbet
How come fiber wrapped tanks are so sensitive? I'm really worried that I'll ruin it when I get it... I got a REDZ Tank Cover... will that be good enough?

I had an ACI that I bounced off the concrete floor, didnt even scrath it.

trust thier tuff.

am68leb
07-07-2003, 01:06 PM
fiber wrapped is pretty common with hardcore tournament players, if you watch what they do to some of those things its amazing. i wouldn't recomend (as has already been stated) trying to crack it but it stands alot.

punkcmonkiez
07-07-2003, 02:12 PM
i thought the same thing... like i was going to break it or somthing just cause its fiberglass and fragile or somthin... just put a nice cover on there and get a fill nipple cover and thats about it

Fatjon
07-07-2003, 06:12 PM
put a cover on it and go dive into a bunker.

FalconGuy016
07-07-2003, 06:35 PM
BTW it was 10-20 psi in your tank to prevent rust

FutureMagOwner
07-07-2003, 07:05 PM
dont put oil in the fill nipple EVER.