PDA

View Full Version : Lacrosse PLayers!!!

magman007
08-28-2001, 12:00 PM
i thought we needed a thread devoted to our selves, what posistion do you play? What is your stick setup? what gloves do toy have? etc?

I play left attack and I have a warrior evolution with rockit pocket on a titan clasic, and i also have a warrior blade with rocket pocket and a titan classic on that 2! i was never a fan of the titan pro after a aluminum stx shaft bent my old 1.I also play with a c2 helmet and warrior rpm gloves.

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

Thordic
08-28-2001, 03:17 PM
I played defense for my lacrosse years. Starting defense in high school, got my letter, quit 2/3 through the season senior year because the coach was a total prick. It was so bad the program went from having 60 members at the beginning of the year to barely being able to field a team by the end of the season.

Played in college too, didn't start because I was a freshman and seniors got seniority (it was a player-run club team). Got a decent chunk of playing time, though.

All through my years I had a reputation for being the guy who put people onto the ground, often taking them out of the game for some recovery time.

I haven't played in two years, though. My current college is Div. II (Montclair State University), and even though they suck, I don't really have the time to devote to a serious team like that. Plus all my old injuries crop up on me, which sucks. My ankles are a mess, and it makes me get wicked shin splints when I run long distances. Running 2 - 3 miles before practice every day used to be agonizing. Anyone out there who suffers from bad shin splints will know what I mean...

Besides that I've messed up my knee, my shoulder, my elbow, and my jaw. Knee and elbow are pretty much ok now, the shoulder injury pops up whenever I try to lift free weights, and the jaw things turns out to be TMJ, which is a semi-hereditary degenerative jaw disorder which is spurred on by injuries to the jaw (in my case, getting crossed checked under the helmet hard enough to knock my jaw out of joint)

But I still love the sport :-) I have around 10 sticks at home, I wouldn't even remember all thier names. All the pockets have been worked on by me, using a variety of strings and shoelaces to get the pocket the way I like it. You should see my orignal stick.. hehe. Its around 6 years old now, has seen god knows how much use, and still has the original pocket in it. It's been tied together so many times its pretty much a big knot instead of a net :-)

As for pads and stuff, I'd have to get back to you. I havn't pulled them out in two years, I'm not sure exactly what they are.

------------------
CamoSplashed MiniMag
S/N MM12913
Clear AGD Warp Feed
14" SP AA

Lots of stuff coming...

Load SM5
08-28-2001, 04:58 PM
I used to play defense in High School...11 years ago (Good God!). That was the most fun I've had out of all the sports I played. I still have my old stick and pads laying around somewhere. Still occasionally throw a tennis ball against the house because you can't seem to find lacrosse balls in Alabama, strange.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

lonelymag
08-28-2001, 06:04 PM
I play midfield for UCSB. even though we aren't funded by the schools and aren't division teams there is still some good competition. We got 4th in the nation last year.

magman007
08-28-2001, 06:18 PM
what is your stick setup???

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

pics286
08-30-2001, 10:47 AM
i play lsm. i use a titan pro with evo head. if anybody wants any stuff(shatfs or heads) i have it or can get it. hopefully if i make V next year i can get free a free c2 helmet, rpms and and any shaft or head by warrior.

magman007
08-30-2001, 09:29 PM
Hey if any body wants i have a spare neber used chrome c405 warrior kryptolite for sale for 30+shipping

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting??? http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/contrib/blackeye/linksmileMIR.gif

X-Plosive
12-03-2001, 08:27 PM
what setup would you reccomend to someone joining the sport? I need pads, pocket, stick, and a set of gloves. Anyone? I would really just get a nice interediate set even if they are expensive. I don't really want to upgrade.

Zumina
12-03-2001, 09:51 PM
Coo, I'm a middie. Currently using an Edge Warp on an F22 shaft; I'd like to get an evo or revo soon though. For gloves I don DeBeer XP-8s

graycie
12-03-2001, 11:16 PM
i played girls lacrosse in high school. a whole lot diff. than boys lacrosse, my set up wasn't as elaborate it was a wooden stx stick and a mouth guard. i played d-wing, how i ended up in that position i have no idea. the attack girls i'm supposed to guard were really fast and i wasn't. in the winter the indoor practices gave me killer shin splints, so everyday after practice it was me on the couch with two big bags of ice.

Zumina
12-04-2001, 02:52 PM
Ah, lacross back in the day eh? Speaking of wood shafts, I just bought a Chilly Stick in defense-length for conditioning. Hehe, there's nothing like running for 10 miles while carrying a 35 lb shaft of hickory.....

Stinger
12-04-2001, 03:20 PM
I play attack and use a brine edge

timmah68
12-05-2001, 08:52 PM
I used to play defense (left because of coach). Never was that good, but i knew a few all-americans.

I used to play with a F-15, mesh pocket Excalibur, Bauer Vapor 4 pads (hockey pads, but they gave great protection) and something-35 gloves.

theraidenproject
12-06-2001, 08:08 PM
i play d. i have a self-dyed (lue rit dye plus glue gun) and self-strung (blue soft mesh w/ triple v/u whatever you want to call it) edge aero. its on a titan classic long stick. i have blue brine x-factor gels. Anyone tried the brine axis? they look wierd, but are supposed to be really comfortable

nutz
12-06-2001, 08:56 PM
i play midie, i got me a warrior diablo stick with an aluminum shaft (hell yea old school). and im one of the better players on my freshman highschool team.!!!!! im going to take this team to state!!!!!! woot gbN! but ne way i luv my stick and i got the typicaly helmet and pad setup... i am also known to take ppl down and out! yea yea all lax players!