PDA

View Full Version : 1DE's Beach Thoughts

1stdeadeye
07-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Just got back from a little over a week at the beach house. The wife and kids are now firmly entrenched there for the summer. I have to pick up the mail and the dog tomorrow. I wanted to post some random thoughts that occured to me while in Ocean City, NJ.

1) Never put your camcorder, digital camera, and 35mm camera all together in an impossibleto forget place while planning for a trip. You will forget them and end up using a cheap disposable camera instead.

2) Spandex is a good/bad invention.

3) Bikini's should come with mirrors!

4) American's have no sense of shame anymore.

5) Some one please tell the French-Canadians that thongs and speedos at the beach are for WOMEN ONLY!

6) Just because you are Italian and used to tan like a god when you were young and healthy doesn't mean things don't change. When you are older, in not such good shape and pastier USE Sunscreen.

7) Italians can get sunburn.

8) All little kids really do pee in the ocean.

9) America is not segregated by law anymore, but by choice. I was very suprised to notice the lack of any African-Americans while there.

10) Beach Tags are a rip off!

11) Ocean City is run by morons!!!

12) Ocean City is building a beach front high school that is outragous in size and scope on the backs of all absentee owners like me! Their taxes are evil!

13) The little old lady crying about losing her home over property taxes deserves no pity! Until this years reassessment in OC, her full square block property was assessed at around $7,000.00 a year. She now has to pay $40,000.00 a year in taxes. I love seeing all of the townies crying about how their taxes have gone from $1 to $2k up to $3 to $5k. Welcome to my world! Now the townies have to pay the same as us "landlords", guess what? My taxes there went down $2k!

14) The cleaning people for my parents beach homes are a racket. They make $100 per cleaning that takes them less then 1/2 hour!

15) Renters have no respect for anyone elses property!

16) OC, NJ is the wetest dry town in existence!

17) Was I that big a jerk when I was a teen ager?

18) Too many rent a cops and not enough real cops on the boardwalk.

19) The only people smoking on the boardwalk were the ones not old enough to do so.

20) The 4th of July brings out every moron who ever visited "South of the Border"!

21) We have made life to safe! Accidents were God's way of killing stupid people. Watching a kid with a roman candle in his hand running down a crowded beach made me almost cheer for it to blow up in his stupid face!

22) Ocean City police are out writing parking tickets at 5:00 am! They tow at 6:00 am! Not me, but funny to see! They are also ungodly loud!

23) America is fat!

24) The ocean is always breath-taking!

I'll post other stuff later, like a ne AO hat I had made at the beach and some pictures.

shartley
07-07-2003, 05:17 PM
My thoughts were with you... wish the rest of me was! ;)

(Well me and my whole family. :D)

Brak
07-07-2003, 06:24 PM
NO, YOU'RE FAT!!!!

behemoth
07-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Are you telling me that im gonna get burned when i get older ??? NOOOOOOOOO

Automaggin2
07-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

12) Ocean City is building a beach front high school that is outragous in size and scope on the backs of all absentee owners like me! Their taxes are evil!

16) OC, NJ is the wetest dry town in existence!

18) Too many rent a cops and not enough real cops on the boardwalk.

19) The only people smoking on the boardwalk were the ones not old enough to do so.

12. Thats stupid. INSANE. Your gonna see kids skippin school to go surfing...right outside the high school :p And i wonder how many times htey are going to have to close school because of flooding during hurricane season....idiots

16. Thats correct, and most of the alcohol consumptions happens by people under the legal age. I know from expierence.

17. Most likely yes.

18. Rent-a-cops are funny. they walk around like they are all big with there night sticks and walkie talkies.

19. so so so true.

Where is your house in OC? I usually stay around 17th street. that kid that went pballin with me when i played with you (shaun) has a house on 55th i usually go to.

1stdeadeye
07-07-2003, 10:43 PM
It is on the north end of the island by 4th and the boardwalk. I'll post pictures of my view when I get the pictures back from Shoprite.

That high school really pisses me off. Yes, the town owned the land, right next to Wonderland between 5th and 6th street. However, they could have sold that land and used the incredible profits to build the school in the park on the other side of the existing school. Why do you need a high school on the beach!

BTW, On my end of the island, the beach side never floods! It is the back bay you have to worry about. That is a good 10 blocks/1 mile the other way.

The "Special Officers I" are basically security guards. They are a joke! At least the "Special Officers II" carry guns.

OC is a great town, don't get me wrong. My investment there has grown more then I ever could have imagined. I just get really POed when someone abuses what they have. The OC townies have abused the absentee owners forever and now with NJ's reassessment, the chickens are coming home to roost! My taxes actually wnet down for the first time ever! The townies revolted, so the town lower the assessment rates to compensate for the dramatic increase in values. The townies still have their taxes more then doubling and many vacationers are finally getting a break.

Maybe now OC will stop spending like a bunch of drunken sailors!

Automaggin2
07-08-2003, 01:03 AM
haha last summer i rode bikes with alot of locals from OC, and they used to complain about tourists and how much they hated them. They use some term to describe them, i forget. Buts i dont blame them, during the winter there is 75% less people, then during the summer a wave of teenagers comes in, and then hostilities start.

dropkick1
07-08-2003, 06:12 AM
hey there 1DE, my family and i go thre every summer, i'll be there in 2 weeks, from the 19th-26th, but yeah it took u that long to realize all that stuff? haha i'm just messin with ya, but there are def to many rent-a-cops, and yes as of late its gotten alot more touristy and all but what can u expect. but i had no idea about them building the HS on the beachfront, what a bunch of idiots, u say 4th and the boardwalk, do u mean right where the skate park is, that i skate every day when i'm there? they better not touch it, but anyways, we stay 2 blocks down from the music pier, on morlyn terrace, maybe i'll see u around or something.

ken

1stdeadeye
07-08-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by dropkick1
hey there 1DE, my family and i go thre every summer, i'll be there in 2 weeks, from the 19th-26th, but yeah it took u that long to realize all that stuff?
No, I just usually moan about them to my wife. Since she is staying down there all summer (again) I just thought I'd share theses thoughts with AO.

yes as of late its gotten alot more touristy and all but what can u expect.
It has always been touristy there! The locals call themselves Smocals. Don't know why though.

but i had no idea about them building the HS on the beachfront, what a bunch of idiots, u say 4th and the boardwalk, do u mean right where the skate park is, that i skate every day when i'm there? they better not touch it, but anyways, we stay 2 blocks down from the music pier, on morlyn terrace, maybe i'll see u around or something.

No, same block as the skatepark between 5th and 6th. It is right behind the park. They are building it where the tennis courts and park used to be. When done, the block will look like this: School, Football Field, Municiple Auditorium, Parking Lot/Skate Park, then the Boardwalk.

As for the skatepark, you are welcome! We absentee owners paid for that too with our outrageous taxes!

Maybe I will see you down there. I'll only be there weekends from now on. We spend the day at the 4th street beach and then the evenings down at Wonderland.

*TIP: If you like the rides or have little kids, get on Wonderland's mailing list. Then you can buy 1/2 price tickets in advance.

-Jôker-
07-08-2003, 07:49 AM
the reason kids break these rules is because there are rules to be broke! i bet if there was a lowered age limit (to 16) on smokin and drinkin, i bet 60% of kids woudnt do it... it just gos to show that kids dont like rules, and from my experience adults dont either:rolleyes:

1stdeadeye
07-08-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by -Jôker-
the reason kids break these rules is because there are rules to be broke! i bet if there was a lowered age limit (to 16) on smokin and drinkin, i bet 60% of kids woudnt do it... it just gos to show that kids dont like rules, and from my experience adults dont either:rolleyes:

I would have to disagree with you there. I feel that most smoking/Drinking is about peer pressure and not rebels without a clue! ;)

dropkick1
07-08-2003, 11:08 AM
o i always knew it was touristy, but now itrs more an international flavor. and th other part about u not noticing was more sarcams than anything :D , but thanks for the skatepark, haha, but we usually go down around 7th or 8th streets on the beach and i wander all over the place at night, but wonderland is nice for 21 year olds liek mysef, haha

ken

Automaggin2
07-08-2003, 12:43 PM

I would have to disagree with you there. I feel that most smoking/Drinking is about peer pressure and not rebels without a clue! ;)

Sorry 1st, im gonna have to agree with Joker. Why was there a alcohol revolution during prohibition? why did everyone want to drink all the sudden? To be rebels. I know alot of pepole who drink to be rebels, and smoke to be rebels.

My pops said when he was a kid the drinking age was 18, and he said there wasnt nearly as big of a problem with teenagers drinking as there is today. He said it was very controlled.

Python14
07-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Well, the farthest North I have ever been was Philly, so I can't really relate to some of that, however, I have my own thoughts on the beach. Since 1967, my family has had a cottage at Ocean Isle Beach that we visit a few times a year, and specifically, one week during the summer season. Here are my thoughts and recommendations from my 17, going on 18 years of experiences

-The biggest houses always get knocked over during a hurricane.
-Locals know too much for their own good. If I ask if you can tell me a good spot to find drum, do not give me directions based on peoples homes. I do not know the Moriartis.
-Myrtle beach is overrated.
-There should be a color coded bathingsuit scale. The whiter your skin, the more material you should be required to wear.
-Scented tanning oils are like scented urinal cakes, does it matter what it smells like, because it's not going anywhere clean.
-The boardwalk from the road to the strand should be either covered like a breezeway, or constantly wetted down with cold water. You could cook a ham in 3 minutes on it right now.
-Beach towels need lead weights.
-If you can't spell ocean, you shouldn't be allowed in it.
-If you can't spell beach, you shouldn't be allowed on it.
-If you can't spell shirt, you should be wearing one.
-If you've been coming to the beach your whole life, own property, and know who is ruining the island by building 500 cookie cutter cottages down the streetm then you get first dibs on tee times at PuttPutt, driving positions at the Go-Kart track, spots on the beach, and reservations at the good resturants.
-Just because Calabash is a seafood capital of the world, doesn't mean I like everything I eat breaded and deep fried.
-Odell Williamsons daughter was kicked off the island for a reason, why is she still ruining it?
-The "Don't play on the Dunes" signs should just be rewritten in spanish and russian.
-If you call the beach, "the shore", leave.

1stdeadeye
07-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Python14
Well, the farthest North I have ever been was Philly, so I can't really relate to some of that, however, I have my own thoughts on the beach. Since 1967, my family has had a cottage at Ocean Isle Beach that we visit a few times a year, and specifically, one week during the summer season. Here are my thoughts and recommendations from my 17, going on 18 years of experiences

-The biggest houses always get knocked over during a hurricane.
-Locals know too much for their own good. If I ask if you can tell me a good spot to find drum, do not give me directions based on peoples homes. I do not know the Moriartis.
-Myrtle beach is overrated.
-There should be a color coded bathingsuit scale. The whiter your skin, the more material you should be required to wear.
-Scented tanning oils are like scented urinal cakes, does it matter what it smells like, because it's not going anywhere clean.
-The boardwalk from the road to the strand should be either covered like a breezeway, or constantly wetted down with cold water. You could cook a ham in 3 minutes on it right now.
-Beach towels need lead weights.
-If you can't spell ocean, you shouldn't be allowed in it.
-If you can't spell beach, you shouldn't be allowed on it.
-If you can't spell shirt, you should be wearing one.
-If you've been coming to the beach your whole life, own property, and know who is ruining the island by building 500 cookie cutter cottages down the streetm then you get first dibs on tee times at PuttPutt, driving positions at the Go-Kart track, spots on the beach, and reservations at the good resturants.
-Just because Calabash is a seafood capital of the world, doesn't mean I like everything I eat breaded and deep fried.
-Odell Williamsons daughter was kicked off the island for a reason, why is she still ruining it?
-The "Don't play on the Dunes" signs should just be rewritten in spanish and russian.
-If you call the beach, "the shore", leave.

LOL!:D

The only international guest we are seeing in OC are the Canadians. They all used to go to Wildwood, but now they are bringing their fat speedo wearing butts to my town!:eek:

As for international employees, it seems like the entire town is run by kids from eastern Europe! Don't the local kids want summer time jobs anymore?

AM2-I called smokers and drinkers who were underage Rebels without a clue for a reason!;)

Python14
07-08-2003, 04:04 PM
As for international employees, it seems like the entire town is run by kids from eastern Europe! Don't the local kids want summer time jobs anymore?

From the standpoint of a teenager, to answer your question, yes, we want summer jobs, but not where we'd be vacationing. haha

here are a few more I thought of....

-The airplanes that fly over with streamers advertising some sale at Wings are annoying....but I bet the messages I leave for them in the sand at low tide are just as annoying.
-If you chose to skate on the sidewalk, don't get mad at the property owners because the sand from our sidewalk ruins your bearings...it's the beach.
-The rental offices are alway the coldest buildings on the island, always.
-If you are on the back canals, don't mess with the crab traps...that's like messing with someone's girlfriend/wife.
-No matter how experienced the guy at the Fishing shop looks, he doesn't know what he's talking about.That's why he works in a tackleshop and not a charter boat.

e mag
07-08-2003, 05:25 PM
after going to the beaches down in florida there is no way i would ever go to the beaches in NJ or MD.

1stdeadeye
07-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by e mag
after going to the beaches down in florida there is no way i would ever go to the beaches in NJ or MD.

No Shark Attacks in OC!:p

Hey, I love it here. We get ALL 4 seasons!:p And better yet, limited Elian coverage!:eek:

PaInTbAlLeR476
07-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Im not a little kid but i pee in the ocean also:D

aaron_mag
07-09-2003, 05:28 PM
13) The little old lady crying about losing her home over property taxes deserves no pity! Until this years reassessment in OC, her full square block property was assessed at around $7,000.00 a year. She now has to pay $40,000.00 a year in taxes. I love seeing all of the townies crying about how their taxes have gone from $1 to $2k up to $3 to $5k. Welcome to my world! Now the townies have to pay the same as us "landlords", guess what? My taxes there went down $2k!

Believe it or not I agree with you here. You have a little old lady who is pissed that her taxes are high on her 5 bedroom house that she has lived in for years and she has to move. Guess what lady! You don't need five bedrooms anymore. It is highest and best use. Move to a little house where the property taxes aren't so high and make way for the next generation! If you live there till you die that beautiful old house ends up falling down around you anyway and totally loses it's value. (You touched on my pet peeve).

14) The cleaning people for my parents beach homes are a racket. They make $100 per cleaning that takes them less then 1/2 hour!
Yeah it sucks that someone should actually make a living off the free enterprise system. I suppose you and I making a good living off of the finance segment is fair and legal:p

Most definetely! :) You thought you were it. You walked down the street looking at all those middle aged losers saying that you would never be a sell out like them. We all were a little that way. That realization doesn't stop me from wanting to punch them sometimes.:D

24) The ocean is always breath-taking!

Finallys a comment your wife can appreciate. No wonder she wants to stay at the beach and get away from such negativity! LOL. I'd be a liar if I didn't admit I do the same things. That is why I have to come to AO. She can't stand to listen to all my theories and petty gripes.:rolleyes:

1stdeadeye
07-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag

Believe it or not I agree with you here. You have a little old lady who is pissed that her taxes are high on her 5 bedroom house that she has lived in for years and she has to move. Guess what lady! You don't need five bedrooms anymore. It is highest and best use. Move to a little house where the property taxes aren't so high and make way for the next generation! If you live there till you die that beautiful old house ends up falling down around you anyway and totally loses it's value. (You touched on my pet peeve).

Actually it is that she owns her home and 4 subdivided lots that make up the block. Those lots could fetch upwards of $200k each and she is crying poverty. Yet she was in the forefront of townies demanding that beach front high school. I guess it sucks when you get what you ask for! ;)

Yeah it sucks that someone should actually make a living off the free enterprise system. I suppose you and I making a good living off of the finance segment is fair and legal:p

Didn't say it sucked, I said it was a racket!

Most definetely! :) You thought you were it. You walked down the street looking at all those middle aged losers saying that you would never be a sell out like them. We all were a little that way. That realization doesn't stop me from wanting to punch them sometimes.:D

Getting old sucks don't it! ;)

Finallys a comment your wife can appreciate. No wonder she wants to stay at the beach and get away from such negativity! LOL. I'd be a liar if I didn't admit I do the same things. That is why I have to come to AO. She can't stand to listen to all my theories and petty gripes.:rolleyes:

Same here. The wife will be at the shore for the summer and I need only report there every other weekend or so. It is only a 1 hour drive, so I am expected their often. However the AC Expressway in the summer on a Friday is murder!

aaron_mag
07-09-2003, 11:27 PM
Same here. The wife will be at the shore for the summer and I need only report there every other weekend or so. It is only a 1 hour drive, so I am expected their often. However the AC Expressway in the summer on a Friday is murder!

Lets see.....spending the summer at the shore. Sounds to me like she has a pretty sweet setup. By my math she better not complain if she has to listen to you spew your theories (even if they are both insane and wrong). BTW the last piece of my dream mechanical marker should be coming soon. Then I'll post it as a warning to you Shartley, Facts, and even good ol' CB to never cross paths (or words) with the dreadful and powerful aaron_mag online ever again!:D Now if only I can stop those darn kids with the rental markers from eliminating me I'll finally get some respect on the field!!!!:rolleyes:

1stdeadeye
07-10-2003, 10:23 AM

Lets see.....spending the summer at the shore. Sounds to me like she has a pretty sweet setup. By my math she better not complain if she has to listen to you spew your theories (even if they are both insane and wrong).

Exactly. She should be thrilled! Yet I still get grief. I should have you talk to my wife! ;)

BTW the last piece of my dream mechanical marker should be coming soon. Then I'll post it as a warning to you Shartley, Facts, and even good ol' CB to never cross paths (or words) with the dreadful and powerful aaron_mag online ever again!:D Now if only I can stop those darn kids with the rental markers from eliminating me I'll finally get some respect on the field!!!!:rolleyes:

LOL!

Check out my sig! I own an X-Mag remember! I fear no one! Except those magnatized paintballs that always seem to be attracted to my marker! ;)

Python14
07-10-2003, 10:40 AM
okay, this is just wierd. We just got out rental information from the rental company. My grandmother owns the house, so to help pay for the bills(the house is paid for), we pay the full rental cost as usual. Well, we get the rental information and with it was a "Guide to the Beach". Now, this comes as no shocker because 90% of the people who rent, are not regular beach goers. In fact, according to our last survey, almost 75% said they had never gone to the beach before. Well, this guide usually explains details about the rules and laws, things to bring, recommendations for eating and entertainment, notices about events, and generalized information about the area. Well, not this years edition. This years edition is retarded from cover to cover. It goes into a three page description about what to do if your child gets sunburned. THREE PAGES! Holy cow, I could get it down to three sentences and some explicatives concerning being a bad parent. There is another two page section on how to properly work a beach umbrella, complete with pictures and a diagram. If that wasn't enough, there are warnings about the stove being hot, the sand being hot, and splinters from the wood deck.

Wow, the culmutative IQ of beach goers at Ocean Isle Beach just dropped below the number of times I've seen Lilo and Stitch. I just hope when we get there, they've all left.

aaron_mag
07-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Exactly. She should be thrilled! Yet I still get grief. I should have you talk to my wife! ;)
Yeah I'll bet she'll listen to me:rolleyes:. I actually mentioned your situation to my wife as we were climbing into bed and she commented that it wasn't fair. When I pressed her on what she meant she said that it wasn't fair that you got to get away from your family duties while your wife was at the beach minding the kids. She was serious! I brought up the issue of having to work to afford beach house payments etc then we agreed to drop it. No reason to fight about another couples things. We have our own issues to fight about should we choose!!!! :D

Check out my sig! I own an X-Mag remember! I fear no one!
I haven't forgotten your pathetic little X-Mag. It isn't even unique within a 15 mile radius remember! My ULE retromag is special (okay if someone buys the same feedneck etc it will not be unique but don't spoil it for me).

Except those magnatized paintballs that always seem to be attracted to my marker! ;)
Not a bad idea. Tom could you look into this for us. Magnatized paintballs could really help me out! :D

1stdeadeye
07-10-2003, 01:13 PM

Yeah I'll bet she'll listen to me:rolleyes:. I actually mentioned your situation to my wife as we were climbing into bed and she commented that it wasn't fair. When I pressed her on what she meant she said that it wasn't fair that you got to get away from your family duties while your wife was at the beach minding the kids. She was serious! I brought up the issue of having to work to afford beach house payments etc then we agreed to drop it. No reason to fight about another couples things. We have our own issues to fight about should we choose!!!! :D

Isn't that just like a woman? If you got run over by a Ferrarri, she would say that at least you got a close up look at your dream car! :rolleyes:

Women are real wierd aren't they? I bust my butt so that my wife can enjoy a nice summer at the beach with our kids and she thinks I should be grateful to be a bachelor again! :rolleyes:

Women, can't live with them and you can't kill them!;)

I haven't forgotten your pathetic little X-Mag. It isn't even unique within a 15 mile radius remember! My ULE retromag is special (okay if someone buys the same feedneck etc it will not be unique but don't spoil it for me).

Okay, don't sing it, BRING IT! :p Never mind, your little ULE will tremble at the sight of my mighty X! ;)

Not a bad idea. Tom could you look into this for us. Magnatized paintballs could really help me out! :D

NOOOOOOO! I have never had so many marker hits in my life. My X-Mag seems to be a paintball magnet!:(

aaron_mag
07-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Isn't that just like a woman? If you got run over by a Ferrarri, she would say that at least you got a close up look at your dream car! :rolleyes:

Women are real wierd aren't they? I bust my butt so that my wife can enjoy a nice summer at the beach with our kids and she thinks I should be grateful to be a bachelor again! :rolleyes:

Yes that was my wife's attitude as well. You should be grateful that you get to be a bachelor again. As if the fact that you don't get to pursue women despite all your other "freedom" doesn't doom your non working hours anyway. Not to mention that all your friends probably are married so its not like you can go out on the town without pissing off their wives. So basically your life is work until you get that rare paintball opportunity. Women!;) (Did I lay it on thick enough to sell it to the wife):D

1stdeadeye
07-10-2003, 02:30 PM

Yes that was my wife's attitude as well. You should be grateful that you get to be a bachelor again. As if the fact that you don't get to pursue women despite all your other "freedom" doesn't doom your non working hours anyway. Not to mention that all your friends probably are married so its not like you can go out on the town without pissing off their wives. So basically your life is work until you get that rare paintball opportunity. Women!;) (Did I lay it on thick enough to sell it to the wife):D

You hit the nail on the head. :D

I basically work longer hours now then when they are home! By the time I get home, I am so tired that I just go to bed!:( Sure am having some fun now!:rolleyes:

aaron_mag
07-10-2003, 02:59 PM
You hit the nail on the head. :D

It is okay to rationalize all of this as long as we remember that we are lucky as well. Think of some of the head cases you could have ended up with! There is one or two that someone either knows or is in their past that they are grateful they aren't "stuck with". Hot or not some people are incompatible with a blissful marriage! So we are lucky as well.....:)

1stdeadeye
07-10-2003, 04:45 PM

It is okay to rationalize all of this as long as we remember that we are lucky as well. Think of some of the head cases you could have ended up with! There is one or two that someone either knows or is in their past that they are grateful they aren't "stuck with". Hot or not some people are incompatible with a blissful marriage! So we are lucky as well.....:)

LOL!

Boy are you whipped!!:p

You are supposed to say how lucky the wives are!:rolleyes: ;)

The psychos in our pasts are always the ones who were the best in bed weren't they?:eek: :p

aaron_mag
07-10-2003, 05:13 PM
You are hijacking your own thread!!!!:p

The psychos in our pasts are always the ones who were the best in bed weren't they?
Totally incorrect. Looks like I'll have to once again educate you on the human nature. <sigh> It is hard being so insightful but it is the burden I must bear.:rolleyes: At the beginning of the relationship things are great in the bedroom area. The psycho ones usually don't maintain the relationship long enough to progress to the next blissful stage where such things are just part of the weekly routine. In other words "it's Thursday morning so we'd better get on with it whether we want to or not".:D

If the psycho ones do last awhile it is usually because they have managed to keep themselves entertained by keeping constant angst in the relationship. In other words lets fight over nothing so that we can be at a high emotional level at all times. This leads to the famous makeup/breakup sex which is emotional and passionate.;)

So you see it really is simply a matter of perception. It only seems like psychos are better in bed but they aren't. They better not be since I am so incredibly sane and if your theory is correct that would mean I am incredibly boring in in the bedroom. Hmmmmm.....Might be true:D

1stdeadeye
07-10-2003, 05:31 PM
You are hijacking your own thread!!!!:p

LOL! But you are incorrect. Please define hijacking! :eek: CB withdrawal! ;)

Totally incorrect. Looks like I'll have to once again educate you on the human nature. <sigh> It is hard being so insightful but it is the burden I must bear.:rolleyes: At the beginning of the relationship things are great in the bedroom area. The psycho ones usually don't maintain the relationship long enough to progress to the next blissful stage where such things are just part of the weekly routine. In other words "it's Thursday morning so we'd better get on with it whether we want to or not".

Exactly my point! Just lots of sex and no angst! They were gone before the heartache could set in! ;)

If the psycho ones do last awhile it is usually because they have managed to keep themselves entertained by keeping constant angst in the relationship. In other words lets fight over nothing so that we can be at a high emotional level at all times. This leads to the famous makeup/breakup sex which is emotional and passionate.

Only if you are foolish enough to fall into their routine! Use 'em and lose 'em is the only way to deal with the psychos! ;)

So you see it really is simply a matter of perception. It only seems like psychos are better in bed but they aren't. They better not be since I am so incredibly sane and if your theory is correct that would mean I am incredibly boring in in the bedroom. Hmmmmm.....Might be true

We could always ask you wife! :eek:

Could be true eh? Al Bundy has nothing on you? :eek: :p

aaron_mag
07-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Only if you are foolish enough to fall into their routine! Use 'em and lose 'em is the only way to deal with the psychos! ;)

Fortunately I was that foolish back in my college days. Being foolish can be extremely fun! Darn practical middle age! Don't even try and tell me you weren't. ;)

1stdeadeye
07-10-2003, 06:25 PM

Fortunately I was that foolish back in my college days. Being foolish can be extremely fun! Darn practical middle age! Don't even try and tell me you weren't. ;)

Maybe once or twice!;)

They were some fun rides while they lasted!:D

CasingBill
07-10-2003, 08:21 PM
I also went to the beach last week. In Delaware though. I realized a couple things also.

1) I'm old at 32

2) I'm fat!

3) I still pee in the ocean.:p

Automaggin2
07-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by CasingBill

3) I still pee in the ocean.:p

Dude, who DOESNT pee in the ocean. Its more normal to pee in the ocean then not too. Its the ocean, share ur pee with the rest of the world. let it loose, maybe someone in england will get a taste of a pee molecule from you.