PDA

View Full Version : What's the oldest paint that you've used with good results?

nippinout
07-07-2003, 06:09 PM
I have 2 cases of 3 year old Proball. Two bounce.

I have only shot about one hundred rounds of it and it seems to shoot fairly straight. Haven't chronoed though.

You can definitley see the seams.

Can paint really keep this long?

Brak
07-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Nope. ive used severe standard from Christmas, but it sucked

manike
07-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Two cases of two year old hellfire that was stored in the garage and then attic as it was too brittle to use (zero bounce) that is until Level 10 came out :)

Then I used it all without issues :D It had "sweated" some but shot just great!

nippinout
07-07-2003, 06:58 PM
sweated?

So you're saying that you had sweaty balls? :eek: :D

Do you have to deal with humidity issues manike at home more often than when MIA occurs?

rdb123
07-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Definitely not All Star. Fresh out of the box and it bounces like mad.

circus5
07-07-2003, 08:16 PM
2 yr old proball platinum. in my RTP w/o LX no less. only problem was it wasnt breaking. i was shooting at some poor guy, thinking i was missing him, until the ref told me to ease off, cause i had just rained an entire hopper of rock hard paint on his head. ouch.

ugabiged88
07-07-2003, 08:24 PM
Some PMI premiums I had that were a year old shot well, but there was a drop in performance.

wolverine85929
07-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Box of 3yr old BE paint from wal mart. used to test level 10. tried every thing to get it to break in my marker.
zero - bounce test.

Automaggin2
07-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by circus5
2 yr old proball platinum. in my RTP w/o LX no less. only problem was it wasnt breaking. i was shooting at some poor guy, thinking i was missing him, until the ref told me to ease off, cause i had just rained an entire hopper of rock hard paint on his head. ouch.

We used to call it probounce back in the day

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by nippinout
I have 2 cases of 3 year old Proball. Two bounce.

I have only shot about one hundred rounds of it and it seems to shoot fairly straight. Haven't chronoed though.

You can definitley see the seams.

Can paint really keep this long?

Mind if i purchase 500 rounds of that to test fire in my xmag?

rdb123
07-07-2003, 08:55 PM
Cyclone. 8 months old. :)

nippinout
07-07-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]

Mind if i purchase 500 rounds of that to test fire in my xmag?

Wanna know how old this paint is? The box of paint has two bags. 1250 a piece. When was the last time you saw a 2500 count box of paint! LOL

I don't even know how I would ship paint to you without screwing it up.

68magOwner
07-07-2003, 09:01 PM
i had some REALLY old marbs, i dont know how old, but they came with my brothers prolite, and they were open, and half gone then (a year ago) and i recently used them, they wolnt shoot out of my mag, i dunno y, but i can shoot them with my other gun, and there really cool, there so mushy that they bounce off of the things they hit (its not because theyer hard), so they make for really good, reusable target shooting balls, they still shoot straight, but they dont pop, so i can reuse them, its really cool :D

Halliday
07-07-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by nippinout
...When was the last time you saw a 2500 count box of paint!....

Last year. I think it was some 32deg paint that was sold in individual 200 round boxes all inside a case.

Cryer
07-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Out of curiousity, I put 2 bags in the refigerator (not the freezer) for a week. When dropped, most of the paint would barely survive the first bounce.

I shot one whole bag thru my LX mini with no breaks. I emptied the other bag by throwing individual paintballs at my little brothers.

The oldest paint I've shot was about about 4-5 months old, but it was still much better quality then the test I performed above.

SirOssis
07-08-2003, 09:27 PM
3 year old CPX special that had been sitting in my garage... most likely had seen about 130 degree temperature range in that time. Thought it might be a good paint to test the Pipe barrel to see how well it shoots clean....1500 balls later and I still did not break a ball. Finally had to cut a ball and put it in the breach.

AGDJon
07-08-2003, 09:41 PM
I openned a 1/2 case of marballizer from 1995 (it was gator green) in 1999 for an informal practice (I disappeared from paintball for 3 years at this time). Loaded it up in a Hypered Mag (a mag with a "Hyper" insert in an automag valve) and shot the entire bag with no break and every ball breaking on the bunkers and opponents. I wish they can go back and make paintballs this way again. they were the best.

AcemanPB
07-08-2003, 10:30 PM
I bought some seconds from a crappy field I played at once THREE years ago. And that paint was probably already a year old when I bought it. It's some very old Diablo seconds. I have one pod left that I've been keeping in my room just because. If you open the pod the paint smells VERY bad. One whiff will make you throw up.

Lakeview Bulldog
07-08-2003, 10:43 PM
I've used two year old marbs that worked better than most of the new stuff my friends were using. No breaks at all. Good accuracy. Marbs are bar none the best paint you can buy. Too bad its close to $80 a case.

AGDJon
07-09-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Lakeview Bulldog
I've used two year old marbs that worked better than most of the new stuff my friends were using. No breaks at all. Good accuracy. Marbs are bar none the best paint you can buy. Too bad its close to $80 a case.

New marbs aren't as high quality as I used to remember. The new stuff broke (before level 10) on my Hypermag (when it was still running) around 2000 just after I started working here. I was very disappointed with the new stuff but wish I had more of the old stuff LOL

Dryden
07-09-2003, 09:21 AM
A month ago I fired off about 500 rounds of PMI Premium that had been in the pods of an old harness in my gear bag for over a year. Level 7 MiniMag, J&J ceramic barrel ... not one break. :) Stuff worked like a charm and flew straight.

the_next_guy_
07-09-2003, 11:12 AM
I kept a case in the refrigerator in zip-lock bags for a year and it worked like new

BajaBoy
07-09-2003, 11:44 AM
13month old zap, didnt break in my gun... or what i was shooting at