PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Velocity

cky shane
07-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Okay, I'm running 1.5 Carrier, 2 shims, middle spring, and 850psi input on an RT Classic.

There are no leaks at all down the barrel. There is no bolt stick. The bolt bounces correctly off my finger (a little rougher than I expected, but not bad.)

I'm getting a few problems, however: my efficiency is terrible. I used to get around 800-900 shots off my 68/4500 before my LX, now I get 30-50 shots per 1000 psi (I havent emptied the tank yet, but its obviously poor.) Also, the trigger no longer pressurizes once I get below about 1000psi in the tank.

I believe this may be part of the efficiency problem, but my gun vents lightly (as in, high-pitched whining) when its shooting relatively slow (I don't have a chrono, but I'd eyeball it around 260 or 270 feet per second.) If I unscrew the adjuster so that it stops leaking, it no longer cycles. If I screw it in further to up my velocity, it vents worse.

So I guess my question is two fold: how do I up my velocity (which spring should I switch to?), and is my awfully bad ~450 shots off a 68/4500 tank normal efficiency for a Level 10 RT Classic?

sevenlevel
07-07-2003, 09:31 PM
You always have to turn up the velocity when you install the level 10. If you are venting air out the back of the RT Valve (velocity aduster) then you will need to replace the pressure regulator in the valve. There are several threads regarding this, try doing a search on level 10. Not all regulators would vent when the level 10 was installed. I have an E-Mag and an RT classic and both of them needed a new regulator when I installed the level 10. The new regulators are rated for a much higher operating pressure to accomodate the new system. You can order one directly from AGD. It's pretty easy to install. There's also a thread on the disassembly process of the valve.

cky shane
07-07-2003, 09:33 PM
I have the new reg piston installed.

cky shane
07-07-2003, 10:18 PM
I think I've narrowed the leak down to the Reg Piston, but after reinstalling and uninstalling and oiling and reoiling and cleaning and wiping and replacing, it's not changing. Is there some sort of replacement policy, because this reg piston should fix the problem and it's just not.

Did I get the right one? I've got an RT Classic, and the invoice reads: "Regulator Piston - Retro/RT"

Edit: The shipping invoice reads the Part's Serial Number as 000822 and its named "REGULATOR PISTON ASSY-RT/EMAG" I'm thinking perhaps I have the wrong reg piston, but i dont know... anyone?

sevenlevel
07-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Where exactly is it leaking from? Front or back?

cky shane
07-07-2003, 10:21 PM
Back... definately from the velocity adjuster. It's faint and high-pitched.

sevenlevel
07-07-2003, 10:42 PM
You have the correct piston. You probably got a bad one. If you bought it directly from AGD, an e-mail to them will get you a replacement. Message below is from their website and describe your part.

Regulator Piston - Retro/RT

The Regulator Piston comes as an assembly that has a built in blow off valve. Do not dissasemble! Replace this part when air is venting out the back of the marker and you are shooting less than 300 FPS.

This part has been set to the stock higher pressure for the Level 10 bolt kit.

Stock #: 000822
Price: $20.00