PDA

View Full Version : do you believe in U.F.O.'s and E.T.'s?

FeelTheRT
08-29-2001, 05:58 PM
Do you believe in UFO's and ETs? I sure do, with the evidence collected so far, i'm absolutely convinced ever since I was a little lad.

I read in this book once, there were cave drawings from anceint people (cavemens). The Drawing was a errect human figure wearing what looked like a space suit and helmet and one hand on a shift. Where would they get the idea of a fully errect human in a space suit and driving a vehical?

Here's some sightings of UFOs in our history that i found.

328 BC: Greek soldiers claim to have been attacked by soaring "silver shields" that descended from the sky.

1200: A British historian named William of Newburgh describes a silvery, flat, shiny disk-like object, which appeared near a church and frightened everyone near it.

1790: During the summer, a French police inspector witnesses and investigates a large red globe as it flies over farmland. According to the inspector, the globe lands and a man comes out and speaks a language no one understands. The globe then explodes and the man disappears.

1896: Nearly a hundred sightings of cigar-shaped airships with aluminum bodies are recorded in the United States.

1938: An actor/director named Orson Welles performs a radio broadcast of 'War of the Worlds,' a famous science fiction story about a Martian invasion of Earth. Thousands of listeners believe Earth is under alien attack and panic soon follows!

1944-'45: During World War II, pilots on both sides of the conflict report seeing, "Foo fighters." (Before the rock group came out, "Foo fighters" were bright, unidentified flying objects that move about the sky in a strange manner.)

1947: The Air Force reports finding a crashed "flying disk" near Roswell, N.M., Later, the wreckage is described as only a weather balloon.

1961: Betty and Barney Hill report being captured by a group of strange-looking men when driving home to New Hampshire from Niagra Falls, and brought back to their ship where they undergo various tests. The Hill case is the first report of alien abduction to receive widespread attention.

1972: Farmers in England report a circular-shaped impression mysteriously left in their wheat field. This is the first of many strange farm-sightings known as "crop circles."

1997: Hundreds of residents of Phoenix, Ariz., report seeing unusual lights in the sky.

2000: At the beginning of the new millennium, China was astir with sightings of otherworldly visitors -- farmers in Beijing's barren hills saw an object swathed in colored light that some say must have been a UFO. People in 12 other Chinese cities reported possible UFO sightings during the pervious month.

BTW, the time line was off a website that i can't remember the URL of.

[This message has been edited by FeelTheRT (edited 08-30-2001).]

Major Ho
08-29-2001, 06:09 PM
Wat a dork! Dude, lay off the fumes http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif Just playing...I believe to a degree that there is some other form of life out there in the universe, what are the chances of earth being the one and only planet with life. Humans aren't smart enough yet to figure out how to travel farther than... I dunno the moon or so i guess, As with all the theories and such stated in the past thread we at least need to achieve some kind of speed to permit further travel. That and those darn aliens need to stop being so shy http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif Stop probing those farmers and come talk to me! http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif Maybe we are just so dumb the aliens dont wanna talk with such dopes? Just watch us like humans watch other creatures in nature...Discovery channel?

[This message has been edited by Major Ho (edited 08-29-2001).]

Plastic_Mercenarie_39
08-29-2001, 06:22 PM
Absolutely man my mom in high school saw one by here house she drew it to great detail and everything and can explain it with great detail and other people have described the same thing on tv that they saw!!!! Get this about a month ago here sisters she has 4 were down and they were leave our house and saw one all together i absolutely believe and it couldnt have been any military crap either our gov. is not smart enough to build anything that complicated yet lol J/K but for real i do with out a doubt!!!!!!

------------------
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
-Automag-
classic
-Intelliframe-(soon)
12" 32° Carbon
16oz Co2
CP lightning DF
Macro Lines
_ _ _ _____________ _ _ _
If you can only win by using the spray and pray method then you need to jet down to K-Mart and pick your self up a Big-A$$ can of skill!!!!~ME~
-------------------------
Run fast,Slide Low,Shoot Straight
-------------------------
Accuracy Prevails over Speed
-------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah check this place out it's super funny
www.stickballmovies.com (http://www.stickballmovies.com)

Ni cD
08-29-2001, 06:45 PM
The truth is out there. *spooky weird look of oddness*

MagMan5446
08-29-2001, 07:14 PM
I don't think that aliens look like they do on shows....but there is no way that we are alone in this universe. No way.

------------------
"A Hungarian mob realized that to be in power, you didn't need money, guns, or even numbers. All you need was the will to do what the other guy wouldn't. When they come in power, they go after Soze. They break into his house, and Soze comes home to find his wife and his kids screaming. Soze then showed them what will really was..."

-Verbal Kint

The Usual Suspects

krafty
08-29-2001, 08:20 PM
I believe that life exists elsewhere in the universe.

That being said, I don't believe we've made contact with them, or them us. I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't think too highly of an alien that travels zillions of miles to visit our planet only to pick up Billy Joe Jim Bob out in a cornfield and give him the... uh... "rubber glove" treatment. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

I think some of you people need to stop listening to Art Bell. Or at least do yourself a favor and go here: http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

krafty

Zo
08-29-2001, 08:29 PM
Do you think they play paintball? http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

Army
08-29-2001, 09:26 PM
Krafty, I have been saying just that for years! LOL http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/contrib/blackeye/linkcoolMIR.gif EIB

Hasty8
08-30-2001, 10:36 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by krafty:
I believe that life exists elsewhere in the universe.

That being said, I don't believe we've made contact with them, or them us. I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't think too highly of an alien that travels zillions of miles to visit our planet only to pick up Billy Joe Jim Bob out in a cornfield and give him the... uh... "rubber glove" treatment. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

I think some of you people need to stop listening to Art Bell. Or at least do yourself a favor and go here: http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

krafty</font>

Often in situations like this you have to look at things from another perspective. I love how scientists say that math is the unifying language of the universe. For us it is but to another life form it may be the devil work.

Thake the rubber glove treatment. Tons and tons of reports of this type during the 50 - late 70's and they are less and less now.

For all we know a deep body cavity search is how these good old boys from Alpha Centauri say hello and thought us rude for not doing the same.

Hasty8
08-30-2001, 10:40 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Zo:
Do you think they play paintball? http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif</font>

Only the enlightened ones.

scarpa43
08-30-2001, 10:50 AM
Krafty,

I am not going to sit here quietly while you attack Art Bell!! He is the sole voice bringing us the truth about what the government is hiding from us!!

That is all i can say, they are watching me!!

scarpa43
08-30-2001, 02:12 PM
Krafty, i thought you would like that. I admit i listen to Art Bell on occasion, i get a kick out of his show.
But everytime i listen i can't help wonder if he actually believes what the caller is saying or how often he is just going along with what them.
i mean what exactly is an inter-dimensional being or a shadow person?

beam
08-30-2001, 04:28 PM
humm humm humm humm hummmmmmmm *Close encounters of the 3rd kind music*

To say that there is other life out there with any tone of certainty is ludicrous.

To even contemplate this, one needs to look at how life begins. This is a can of worms waiting to be opened, but the view on this that I take leads me to believe that we are alone, unless you count spiritual beings.

As for the other option for the origin of life (chance)...even if this was plausible, the odds of two civilizations co-existing at the same time would be astronomical. That is taken from Carl Sagan himself.

Restola
08-30-2001, 06:43 PM
about ets here today. it doesnt make sence. reports of lights in the sky is hardly anything slightly resembling evidence.

individual's memories are absolutly horrid when it comes to remembering facts and our brains are great at 'filling in the gaps' and seeing whatever it wants to see (i.e. things like motion).

and the idea that aliens would spend 10,000 years continuously studying us and never once make real contact? come on. if i ever go to another world im going to spend my time abducting drunks from trailer parks. if they had the technology to get here they could watch our tv. would they need to draw pictures in corn? or hover over cities? hell WE can look down at our planet from space at resolutions lower than 100 feet without having to be 100 feet up, and our technology would be primitive compared to them.

also nearly all of those sightings you mentioned happend after the discovery of science, flight, space, etc. its vain to believe they only came after we were able to understand their existence.

the idea that they visited us sometime in the past is something that i can believe. although the anceint paintings look remarkable, they must be taken in context of what was happening at the time, both in their evolution and in nature. and if this evidence was overwhelming i am sure ufo's wouldnt still be considered a psydo-science by many (beliving the evidence, once compiled, wouldnt be released out of fear or whatever is something that comes up in evolution v creation all the time. i personally cannot believe there is a conspiracy going on)

--
now onto other life existing in various forms of evolution throughout both our galaxy and the universe? i have heard conservative estimates of as many as 10,000 planets inhabiting life, with and without communication technology, some billions of years ahead of us. the next obvious question to that is "why havent we heard from them if they can communicate?". the answer to that could be our own ignorance. who is to say that there is no better way than radio? it would not surprise me if we discovered a new form of long distance communication and found these new airwaves filled with species interacting with eachother. the other question: "why havent they visited us yet mr skeptic" has several answers. 1. there is no such thing as faster than light travel, they know this, and have chosen not to travel, or not to travel great distances. 2. they are not interested in travel or earth. 3. they have come, but it took so long/we were just one stop/or they couldnt stay for another reason and have not come back. 4. no society of intelligent beings has lived through the age of being able to destroy themselves. 5. we are the most evolved.

MagMan5446
08-30-2001, 06:49 PM
The whole cornfield mark thing was a hoax...a couple guys did it with a rope and a 2x4.

PyRo
08-30-2001, 07:07 PM
You would never guess who is spying on us and controlling out minds. It isn't the goverment its major league baseball!!!!!
Well, i have been wearing my aluminum hat, and hanhing coat hangers on my celing for years now. I belive that this is sucessfully blocking the mind controll and data gathering forces of major league baseball, and i urge all of you to do the same.

[This message has been edited by PyRo (edited 08-30-2001).]

TamaPlaya
08-30-2001, 07:07 PM
Do I think life is else where out there, well.. of course... billions of stars (most of which have there own system of planets) within the Milky Way alone. And billions of Galaxys out there... and we have no clue as to how far it goes... we have yet to see any sort of limit... do I think theres life out there? Well... I'd be a fool to say out of the trillions of planets out there, and not one of them have any water, or oxygen....

Have we seen real aliens yet... doubt it... But all I know, is when/if we do, and if they have laserguns of some sort, I want one!

[This message has been edited by TamaPlaya (edited 08-30-2001).]

FeelTheRT
08-30-2001, 07:15 PM
Something i'd like to add

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TamaPlaya:
we have yet to see any sort of limit..</font>

Does there really have to be limit? Numorus scientists think that Space does not go on forever, it curves somehow not exacly like a sphear. So if you were to keep going, you would eventually come back to where you started. But then again, now is space supposed to curve if it's just... emptinessof space..?

Ni cD
08-30-2001, 07:50 PM
I choose not to think about such things...for fear that my head may explode. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

FeelTheRT
08-30-2001, 08:16 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ni cD:
I choose not to think about such things...for fear that my head may explode. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif</font>

i hear ya, very mind bottling. It just keeps leading into more questions.

fenris69
08-30-2001, 08:53 PM
think on this...do you REALLY imagine that someone would come so far, so long merely to impregnate a few obviously unstable individuals and then just for kicks throw in a some random anal probings and dental work...yeah. honestly i think of alien life the way i do gods. maybe they exist...maybe they dont, id be happy if they just left me alone http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif but sometimes...just a wee bit, maybe...i wish i could know http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

mikey101
08-30-2001, 08:53 PM
I would have to say, maybe. I have no clue, and don't really want to think about it, there's not enough information to prove one side wrong and the other right. I do have a story though. I once flew out to california to visit my aunt and uncle. I drove back, and on our way, we drove, in the dark, on the extraterestrial highway!(its a real highway, look on the map about 70 or so miles above vegas) On the way, about 2 miles over some mountains lies area 51. It was really late, and we were all tired, so we looked for a place to sleep. I don't know if anyone has heard of the Little A'Le'Inn, but seeing how we are hardcore campers, we decided to spend the night there. the funny thing is that its about 2 miles outside of area 51.(spooky night let me tell you) I thought this was kinda cool, so i thought id let you guys know.

BTW: the website is www.aleinn.com. (http://www.aleinn.com.) this place has everything and anything you want to know about area 51, and any other government operations. It even has pictures of all the buildings, and waht they are!!

Dogbone
08-30-2001, 10:21 PM
Let's say you're outside working in the yard or going for a walk. You're by yourself and it's a fine, late summer evening. It's still light out, sundown is hours away and your happily doing your thing when you catch a flash of movement in the sky above you.

Quickly looking up you see something that defies explanation. Hanging in the air, almost overhead, is an off white delta shaped aircraft. It hovers about a hundred feet above you without moving and without sound. The only sign of "life" is a slowly pulsing red light on the crafts underside.

Without warning the craft suddenly zooms off, heading east but turning nothwards, dissapearing behind a low range of hills about ten miles away.

"What was that?" you ask yourself. But you already know, and with the knowledge comes a boil of excitement. You've seen a UFO!

You stand there, excitedly staring into the sky, wishing for another glimpse of this outlandish object. And then it happens! It's back! Noislessly zooming out of the northwest sky at incredible speed. It sweeps through the sky in an arcing turn as if it had traveled in a great circle after leaving.

Then it stops directly overhead. It doesn't slow down and stop, it just stops dead in the air as if it had never heard of inertia or Newtons laws. Again you stare with excitement and just a little awe. Nothing you know of can do what you've just seen.

For a few seconds it hangs there before soundlessly jetting off as before. You still feel the edge of your initial excitement mixed with feelings of awe and wonder.

Thinking that it surely won't be back you turn to continue what you had been doing thinking of what a great story you have to share. Then it comes back again. Just as fast, following the same track through the sky as before and stopping dead over head again. Now you begin to wonder just what the hell this thing is up to and you begin to feel the stirrings of uncertainty.

Again it's gone and again it's back, following it's racetrack pattern in the sky and always stopping right over head. What does it want? Why does it seem to be interested in you?

Gone and back. Now you feel the sick twisting in your belly of fear and your sweating and breathing faster as your bodys fight or flight response kicks in.

Gone again and now your looking for a weapon, a club or rock, anything, not even realizing how silly that would be. You look up expecting it to come now and not wanting to be caught unawares by it's arrival. You wait...

and wait some more.

But it doesn't come again.

Now you just want to get inside and feel safe. And so, still craning your neck towards the sky, you quickly move indoors, where it's safe.

Through the years after your experience you tell your story to family and close friends but few if any believe you. All to often you see the rolling eyes and the smirking smiles and soon you just don't want to tell the story of what you saw to anyone. After a while you even begin to question your own memory. In fact you want to question your memory and find it faulty so you can finally put it behind you and forget. But you can't, the images and memories of that day are still there and can't be denied. So you keep your story buried in your heart, never shared again with a world that refuses to believe.

Don't look up. You really don't want to see one of those things.

TamaPlaya
08-30-2001, 11:08 PM
Sorry about doing that.. was just wondering what you where walking around for. :P

Seriously though... I dunno... I'd like to see one... I'm kind of a 'I'll believe it when I see it' type of guy... Would be interesting to see one... If it'd be something I wish I never seen later in time... well... that'll be a different problem.

krafty
08-30-2001, 11:28 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by scarpa43:
Krafty,

I am not going to sit here quietly while you attack Art Bell!! He is the sole voice bringing us the truth about what the government is hiding from us!!

That is all i can say, they are watching me!!

</font>

LOL http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif I'm not knocking Art Bell, just some of the... er.... more eccentric listeners. Heck, Art's my bread and butter. He does wonders for my overnight ratings, so more power to him. I particularly enjoy his "Ghost to Ghost" shows...

I just think there are a few people who might benefit from the foil hat link. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

krafty
"They're coming to take me away, ho ho! They're coming to take me away, ha ha!"

Restola
08-31-2001, 08:50 AM
dogbone what else could you expect. we have all been flooded with stories, many hoaxes, and cheesy pictures. our society is at the point now where we question everything. from politics to ufos, to science and religion. nothing is true until the majority belives it.

personally i dont believe you saw what you described. i do believe you believe what you saw. but personally i do lots of crazy weirdo things with my memory (like remember dreams as real, and talk to people based on them. dont do it often but it is a weird experience when they have no idea what you are talking about). why do so many children rmemeber abuse that never happend? or witnesses' testimony put the wrong person in jail?

is there even a sliver of a chance that they may be here, but dont want us to know? sure. its possible. if you want to be comforted think back to all the people in history that were first. you are luckier than most (who were hanged and beheaded).

MagMan5446
08-31-2001, 09:20 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dogbone:
Let's say you're outside working in the yard or going for a walk. You're by yourself and it's a fine, late summer evening. It's still light out, sundown is hours away and your happily doing your thing when you catch a flash of movement in the sky above you.</font>

Flare.

Quickly looking up you see something that defies explanation. Hanging in the air, almost overhead, is an off white delta shaped aircraft. It hovers about a hundred feet above you without moving and without sound. The only sign of "life" is a slowly pulsing red light on the crafts underside.

You are describing a helicopter. Yeah, I bet that most of you haven't ever seen one of those. There is a hospital by my house with the same attributes.

Without warning the craft suddenly zooms off, heading east but turning nothwards, dissapearing behind a low range of hills about ten miles away.

Could've been flying behind those hills.

"What was that?" you ask yourself. But you already know, and with the knowledge comes a boil of excitement. You've seen a UFO!

At this point you blindly think that you have seen a UFO, why? Because there(at the moment) is no other explanation.

You stand there, excitedly staring into the sky, wishing for another glimpse of this outlandish object. And then it happens! It's back! Noislessly zooming out of the northwest sky at incredible speed. It sweeps through the sky in an arcing turn as if it had traveled in a great circle after leaving.

I would think that it is not noiseless, helicopters can be very fast, and they have a very sharp turn radius.

Then it stops directly overhead. It doesn't slow down and stop, it just stops dead in the air as if it had never heard of inertia or Newtons laws. Again you stare with excitement and just a little awe. Nothing you know of can do what you've just seen.

It was night, you probably didn't see it stop immediately, and helicopters can stop pretty much in a second.

For a few seconds it hangs there before soundlessly jetting off as before. You still feel the edge of your initial excitement mixed with feelings of awe and wonder.

See above.^

Thinking that it surely won't be back you turn to continue what you had been doing thinking of what a great story you have to share. Then it comes back again. Just as fast, following the same track through the sky as before and stopping dead over head again. Now you begin to wonder just what the hell this thing is up to and you begin to feel the stirrings of uncertainty.

This you could've made up for "dramatic effect". If it did happen, there was probably a bank robbery or something of that sort, and there were searching for the culprit. They were taking a look at you.

Again it's gone and again it's back, following it's racetrack pattern in the sky and always stopping right over head. What does it want? Why does it seem to be interested in you?

See the same answer above.

Gone and back. Now you feel the sick twisting in your belly of fear and your sweating and breathing faster as your bodys fight or flight response kicks in.

This happens when you're scared...as you said you were. Not much explaning for this.

Through the years after your experience you tell your story to family and close friends but few if any believe you. All to often you see the rolling eyes and the smirking smiles and soon you just don't want to tell the story of what you saw to anyone. After a while you even begin to question your own memory. In fact you want to question your memory and find it faulty so you can finally put it behind you and forget. But you can't, the images and memories of that day are still there and can't be denied. So you keep your story buried in your heart, never shared again with a world that refuses to believe.

Why? Because they have logical reasoning for why you saw what you saw.

Don't look up. You really don't want to see one of those things.

I would love to see one of those.

I think you saw something but you thought that it was a UFO and you came to an unlogical conclusion. Once you believe something and put that belief into your memory, it's there and it's not going to change.

I don't think that we have come in contact with aliens...that Roswell crash could've been something that a kid that was into say R/C Helicopters made. Someone could've planted it, and that is if it really wasn't a weather balloon.

I think that Area 51 is simply an air base in which they test experimental planes, such as various versions of the stealth fighter.

The crop circles were made by two kids with a rope and a 2x4. This is proven so don't argue it.

Notice how all the people that were abducted by aliens were drunk hicks? With an exception for cartman(South Park).

Why the hell would they bother, if they have so much better technology they would be logical, coming millions of light years to come to earth.

The only lifeforms in this solar system, which aren't even there for sure, are little worm things. I can't remember the name of the planet and/or moon.

There are a lot of other things to prove that we have not come in contact with aliens, but I just woke up so leave me alone.

=-Edit-=

By the way, that AFBD thing has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. It's probably just hoax like the bonsai kitty thing.

[This message has been edited by MagMan5446 (edited 08-31-2001).]

irbodden
08-31-2001, 05:41 PM
This is funny, from a scientific and religious point of view, they are NO ALIENS. There are so many things that need to take place for life to be created its funny, ever notice 95% of people claiming to have had alien sightings are farmers, drunks, or just plain ol' trash? Report some crazy story and hope to get some money from a magazine deal. I dont believe it for a second.

-Rick

MagMan5446
08-31-2001, 06:38 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by irbodden:
This is funny, from a scientific and religious point of view, there are NO ALIENS. </font>

In this statement, you say that for a fact there are NO ALIENS in this universe. That is impossible. There is no way that somewhere in the hundreds of billions, or even trillions of planets, there are no aliens.

Dogbone
08-31-2001, 07:48 PM
Gee, guess what folks, I DO know what a helicopter is. I have seen many of them and flown in a few of them. I can identify many of them on sight as to type and who the manufacturer was. I can also identify on sight the majority of aircraft types flown by our military.

But that is beside the point.

You people have successfully demonstrated why many people absolutlely refuse to discuss anything controversial that they may have seen. You have demonstrated why professional pilots who have logged thousands of hours in the air fear for their jobs when they see something which is beyond their experience and knowledge.

You piously sit back and condemn and belittle, spouting what has become "common wisdom". You actually have the gall to try dictate to me what I've seen or write it off as the delerium of a drunk or imaginings of an empty headed red neck. All without the least bit of investigation on your part.

In other words you are typical americans. People who prefer to walk around in your narrow minded little world quite sure that you know everything there is to know. When anything pops up which may contradict your safe little world view your instant reaction is to lash out and irradicate it.

You might take notice by the way that at no point did I claim to actually have seen what I wrote about. It was a purely fictitious account designed to draw the reaction it did. This experiment is closed, thank you for your participation.

FeelTheRT
08-31-2001, 07:55 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by irbodden:
This is funny</font>

No it's not...

they are NO ALIENS
</font>

What do you have to prove that?

notice 95% of people claiming to have had alien sightings are farmers, drunks, or just plain ol' trash? </font>

Notice that 95% of the people that claim to have seen ETs are NOT farmers at all? But it would be much easier to spot a UFO in a country side where there are no building and lightings. And UFOs may not ETs visiting us. Maybe it's all a government conspiracy? sorry i'm ramblin on again...

Do you have any idea how small the Earth is?
It's one of the smallest planets in out solar system. Our solar system is also incredably tiny compared to some others in our galaxy with millions on other solar systems. Our galaxy is also a part of some larger group which i can not recall the name right now. And that is also in a group of millions and millions of it and so forth.

Major Ho
08-31-2001, 08:13 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fenris69:
think on this...do you REALLY imagine that someone would come so far, so long merely to impregnate a few obviously unstable individuals and then just for kicks throw in a some random anal probings and dental work</font>
Maybe we are just so dumb that they are completely messing with us. They picked the dumbest of people and play around with them as a human would play with...a hamster. Sure the cruel ones would torture it but the curious ones that like to play doctor would "play" with it their own way http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif I bet you they are completely screwing with us but got bored, reason for why we havent heard about much lately? S'all a lil idea that popped in my head while reading...

shartley
08-31-2001, 08:29 PM
Testing.... One, two...

(clears throat)

MUPPETS IN SPACE

I think that about covers it.

(walks away from the mic)

(j.k.)

Topics I will not discuss in an open forum....

SEX
RELIGION
POLITICS
and ALIEN LIFE

http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
“The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”
http://www.gbsu-usa.net/boss/shartley.gif

Minimag4me
08-31-2001, 08:53 PM
Have you guys seen the complexity in some of the crop circles. Some are about a mile long and appear overnight with astonishing complexity. A kid with a 2x4 could not make all of these overnight(8 hours) all around the world. Also i think there are other beings but maybe not like us at all. Maybe on some other evolutionary level some beings dont need oxygen or even water to live. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

User
08-31-2001, 09:09 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Have you guys seen the complexity in some of the crop circles. Some are about a mile long and appear overnight with astonishing complexity. A kid with a 2x4 could not make all of these overnight(8 hours) all around the world.
</font>

It has, in fact, been proven. Saw a documentary on TV discussing subjects such as these. A camera was mounted to a crane in a cornfield, a drawing was brought out displaying various info and geometry of the "crop circle," and three or four kids were able to accomplish this in a wheat field (or related) overnight. The complexity was just a result of creative minds or some other factor that attributed to the design. The process was done by using a 2x4 tied with rope on each end to flatten the crops. The show went through all different scenes at different parts of the night to show you how long it took. By day, the area was clear and the crop circle was completed.

I do, however, believe that life exists "out there," but will not dive into the subject further, because there is no definite, solid proof that it does. If there was, we would not be having this conversation. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

emaggot4life
09-01-2001, 01:07 AM
The real question is not "Does life exist outside of earth". But "What TYPE of life exists. There are certain micro-organisms found in meteorites on the moon that were "alive" at one point in time. The chance of life existing on 2 planets in the whole cosmose at the same time is VERY VERY slim. But another good question is "does it really matter?

AGD
09-01-2001, 02:38 AM
You know I looked down this thread knowing Shartley would have something to say!!

LOL

AGD

shartley
09-01-2001, 05:50 AM
LOL Tom.

I am honored that you would look for my posts. I held off as long as I could on this topic, and each time I saw it....
"I got a bad feeling about this one Sarge..." came to mind.

I would discuss almost anything in person, but have found that some things are best to just leave alone on the forums. Go figure right? http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

And besides, as you know Tom, I could argue effectively either way on this one. LOL

------------------
“The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”
http://www.gbsu-usa.net/boss/shartley.gif

MagMan5446
09-01-2001, 10:23 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by emaggot4life:
The real question is not "Does life exist outside of earth". But "What TYPE of life exists. There are certain micro-organisms found in meteorites on the moon that were "alive" at one point in time. The chance of life existing on 2 planets in the whole cosmose at the same time is VERY VERY slim. But another good question is "does it really matter?</font>

You are saying that there is a very slim chance of life living on 2 planets at the same time...hmmm...let's think about this...there are hundreds of millions of galaxies out there, Most of those stars have planets orbiting it....that would be billions or even TRILLIONS of planets.

No, the chance would not be very slim...it would be amazingly high.

Minimag4me
09-01-2001, 12:54 PM
It would be dumb to think that all crop circles were real so i dont think that. I also saw the show about these circles(some which arent circles at all) and so a few were made by some kids but what about all of the others. They also placed cameras on fields and nothing showed up on film but in the morning a figure was there, it just appeared. I also find it hard for kids to make perfect geometric figures without a helicopter or something to help direct them.

MagMan5446
09-01-2001, 03:04 PM
No. All of them were made by a couple of kids.

Minimag4me
09-01-2001, 04:45 PM
Do you think some kids decided to form like a traveling circus and spend years of their nights building crop circles around the world. There have been thousands of these circles and they have been located thousands of miles away from each other. Also this has been going documented for hundreds of years(wuite a task for a few kids). But this is besides the point, only one circle has to be real and the other 999000 can be fake and i wouldnt care. A single tv show cant hold enough proof to convince me that everyone of these were made by kids. What would convince me would be a document that had every crop circle investagated individually but this will not happen. We are all entitled to our opinion but dont let one tv show convince you of fact or fiction. Many researchers have been studying many unexplained things for their lives and still have no conclusions. Not everything you see on tv is fact.

FeelTheRT
09-01-2001, 06:28 PM
Anyone else notice there havn't been one of those UFO Speicals on Fox anymore? What's up wit that!?

FeelTheRT
09-06-2001, 04:49 PM
whao cool, they changed the # of posts that can go on a thread! it was 2 pages before, now it's 3!

mag_pbg
09-09-2001, 11:32 AM
have you guys ever herd of a triangular UFO, well I have seen one before no lie, it wa slast year around 7 or 8 at night and we were driving back from town (I live in the counrty) and I swear I saw a triangular UFO hovering! It couldn't have been a weather Balloon, becasue it was black with three lights on it's bottum side and was just hoving in one spot! It couldn't have been a helocpter or a plane for the same reasons as a balloon! And another reason why i beilive in UFO's and aliens is becasue of all the evidence out there, plus if there was nothing else in the universe what is the point of having it al there for if there is nothing out there!!!!

FeelTheRT
09-09-2001, 12:11 PM
yes, i beleive you. There is this video on the net that slipped from Area 51 of this triangular shaped UFO. I really hope to see one someday.

Magadeth
09-10-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by User

It has, in fact, been proven. Saw a documentary on TV discussing subjects such as these.

So it must be true?
Other things on tv-
"I did not have sex with that woman"- Bill Clinton
The famous 'Loch Ness Monster Photo' The photographer admitted on his death bed it was a hoax
Almost everything on CBS
"every 5 minutes a child is killed by a handgun" HCI's much publisized, but entirely false statistics.

And Dogbone, Great little experiment there! ;)