PDA

View Full Version : Does my Halo B have the TE software?

Animal Mother
07-08-2003, 04:56 AM
To determine which version you have:Turn on your HALO loader (belt drive versions only). If your drive cone spins continuously, you have the newest TE software. If it pulses (pausing every 3 pulses) then you have B2 or T1 software.

Pulses? The drive cone on mine will not stop when I turn it on, it just spins and does not stop...

Ok.. but every few seconds I hear it make a.. sound.. like a spring going "boing!" when I turn it on and let it spin. Is this the pulse? It spins and every 4 seconds it nakes a "boing" sound. I don't knwo if that is the pulse they are talking about. If you have the older Halo.. does your drive cone stop and the start again?

I wish Odyssey would have just givin us a serial range on when the new Halo's started coming with the TE software.

fire1811
07-08-2003, 07:28 AM
mine does the same thing and it has TE software

without te it will actually stop

cphilip
07-08-2003, 01:56 PM
It would be easier had you owned a SE then you could see what pulse means. But since yours follows the description of a continuous turning with no stops and starts then you just answered your own question.

FalconGuy016
07-08-2003, 03:24 PM
Mine pulses I think (slows down for a milisecond) but it never pauses.

Animal Mother
07-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the info guys

Well it's confusing, actually my Halo may slow down for a milisecond like Falcon said, but it never comes to a dead stop.

I'm confused as to if the "boing" sound is the pulsing they are talking about because the cone does slow a little bit, and again it never comes to a dead stop.

I'm worried because I'm getting an Angel Speed soon and will be swapping my Halo back and forth between my E-Mag and Speed and Angels don't do so well with Halo's, I heat the TE software HELPS this somewhat.