PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Smoking and Paintball... a poll.

funkmunky56
07-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Hi all. I'm interested in knowing if you smoke cigarettes, and whether or not you think it affects your performance and playing ability, and if you've ever received feedback, positive or negative, from people at your home field, tournaments, etc. Tell me your stories, either way.

I don't wanna hear about drug-related stories, so keep 'em to yourselves. Or start your own thread. Just don't hijack mine. :D

--Dave

GaryWV
07-08-2003, 09:23 AM
Rec-Baller, that smokes on occasion, I chew though so I figured that could be included in smoking, trying to get into tournies also.

FreakBaller12
07-08-2003, 09:37 AM
nonsmoker recballer for now:D

riddle me this: how can you run around a whole day when you smoke and not get out of breath or cough(the perfect oppurtunity to bunker him or her)

thei3ug
07-08-2003, 09:39 AM
actually, i'll smoke a pack a week, but on special paintball days, i'll smoke a pack in a day. maybe a cigar through the day.

tournaments are worse. we usually do 1 or two a year, and will smoke a pack during the day, maybe two. Combine that with energy drinks, ephedra, caffeine... (we usually are up drinking the night before as well, so the little kick helps). Then at the end, we pass out cigars once again as a sort of "good fun" thing.

We also go to the apartment, and i have a water pipe we smoke flavored tobacco out of, usually to a movie, beer and pizza. then the muscle cramps kick in. I'm out of shape.

so basically, paintball and smoking are intertwined with my group.

-------------

Originally posted by toyotaboy12

riddle me this: how can you run around a whole day when you smoke and not get out of breath or cough(the perfect oppurtunity to bunker him or her)

We used to smoke ON the field. Just bend up the flex 7, and light up after the break. :) Trust me, if you're already in shape and smoke, it won't affect you like someone who say, isn't in shape (me), or who IS in shape, doesn't smoke, and then has a cigarette before a game.

I knew two guys who would smoke a pack during a day, run track, and never stopped for lack of breath. the human body is amazingly capable at adapting.

i tried the gum. tastes HORRIBLE and i wasn't a big smoker, so the extra nicotene made me sick. best to just light up and enjoy inevitability.

Dave
07-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Don't smoke...and I don't plan to...besides, money....for....pball! I must conserve:D

-Dave

Albinonewt
07-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Are you counting pot and crack? Or do only cigs make the cut?

adam shannon
07-08-2003, 12:01 PM
i find that smoking too much helps my game when i play speedball. im less tempted to try and make big moves since im out of breath and cant move fast, and im big and slow to begin with so if i did try the move id be out anyways...so i usually last till the end just working my back spot...lol.

pito189
07-08-2003, 12:05 PM
25 or under, primarily tourney baller, NON-smoker

I will never smoke, it is one of the most nasty habits there is.

A very HUGE turn off when women smoke too. Especially good looking ones. :( It's a waste.

VERY HUGE ANNOYING EDIT I DON'T SMOKE AND NEVER WILL, MY MISTAKE.

Johnny_Reb
07-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Wait Im confused, pito you said you were 25 and under, primarily recball, and smoked. But later in your post you said you dont smoke.

funkmunky56
07-08-2003, 12:22 PM
wow... majority so far are nonsmokers... well, let's see what happens when people get home from work.

Albinonewt: you dumbass. if you don't know how to read, how the hell are you typing? don't post on my thread anymore until you grow some brains. </end rant>

Keep 'em comin', boys (and girls, if you're out there) Thanks! --Dave

AcemanPB
07-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by pito189
A very HUGE turn off when women smoke too. Especially good looking ones. :( It's a waste.

I agree with you 100% on that one

I'm under 25 and I don't smoke and never will. My mom smokes nearly a pack a day, and she told me if she ever caught me smoking she would kill me. She also says smoking was one of the worst mistakes she's made in her life.

On the field there are a few people who smoke. Anyone who smokes at my field though is well over 25 and they are certinally the minority. I would say about 10% of the people over 25 smoke while they are at the field.

DJBacon06
07-08-2003, 12:41 PM
fight! fight! fight!.....nah j/k but yeah under 25 don't smoke and never will!....mmmm.....yellow teeth, smelly, and out of money..WAIT! BAD BAD BAD!!!!

Automaggin2
07-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by thei3ug

We also go to the apartment, and i have a water pipe we smoke flavored tobacco out of, usually to a movie, beer and pizza. then the muscle cramps kick in. I'm out of shape.

haha flavored tobacco :p

I know a few kids who smoke and play tourney ball. It doesnt affect your performance very well, but we will see that change when my local field starts xball

Evil Bob
07-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Over 25 - play tourny, recball, and scenarios - non smoker

I don't limit my playing experience to just one style, I love all three, each has unique offerings that the others do not, all are paintball and therefore good :)

Most of the fields I play at here in california do not allow smoking, smokers have to sit in their cars and hotbox it... no thanks.

...and then there is the money spent on buying cigs that all adds up to several thousand dollars a year... that's an X-mag or some kick butt top end marker you could have bought and enjoyed instead of filling your lungs with tar and destroying your sense of taste.

Save your money and your health for paintball :)

-Evil Bob

SIGSays
07-08-2003, 02:26 PM
17- tourney player - smoker/drinker.. whatever. occasionally...

einhander619
07-08-2003, 05:24 PM
20, rec-tourney, I don't smoke, well don't smoke cigarettes anyways.

MiniMag84
07-08-2003, 05:59 PM
15, recball, don't smoke... I believe a certain Ralph Wiggum once said, "Smokers are Jokers." Aaaah yes, as trued today as it was the day it was said...:D

BajaBoy
07-08-2003, 06:21 PM
16 in a week, torny baller and Never touched and smokeing divice in my life. Never will either

Fatjon
07-08-2003, 06:49 PM
Under 25 quit smoking about a year ago. Never wish to go back. Bad habbit. O and im primary rec player.

Miscue
07-08-2003, 07:03 PM
23... RecBall (for now)... Non-Smoker

poolshark5226
07-08-2003, 08:15 PM
15, mostly rec (for now), smoker. It sucks, but Im trying to cut back

lack of grace
07-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12

Adrenaline baby!!!

thei3ug
07-09-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Automaggin2

haha flavored tobacco :p

I know a few kids who smoke and play tourney ball. It doesnt affect your performance very well, but we will see that change when my local field starts xball

tobacco is a hobby. I love trying different types. and it gets MUCH more expensive than paintball.

Sparq
07-09-2003, 11:52 AM
18, non smoker, Rec for now...maybe rookie tournaments later.

~WarpedRT#2~
07-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Most rec now, until I get a team together, and I like the occasional cigar.

Lee
07-09-2003, 05:31 PM
copenhagen long cut :-)

did that to throw off the curve!

rec player

Paintchucker
07-09-2003, 05:46 PM
One odd thing in the statistics developing...

Over 25, Tourney Players

Smokers 4 Non-Smokers 6

that is a 2:3 ratio

That seems high for any demographic.

BTW, I fall into the Over 25, Ex-Tourney Player who is trying to quit smoking... :)

danheneise
07-09-2003, 06:17 PM
17,recballer,NON smoker
I already have had problems with my liver, don't need another transplant for lungs