PDA

View Full Version : Ahh, I need help again.

-Carnifex-
07-08-2003, 09:13 AM
So I got Adware and deleted a bunch of the spyware, but now whenever I reboot my default homepage changes.:mad:

MarkM
07-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Told you to read the descriptions of what Ad-aware found ;) go into Ad-aware and search the quarrentined items and restore them, then redo the scan and be more careful this time. Also check your Internet Options in Control Panel and see what the default home page is set at, that can happen quite often and nothing to do with Ad-aware.

-Carnifex-
07-08-2003, 11:35 AM
No, that's not it.

When I hit Default under the homepage thing it sets it to this random crap that ends up going to a search page. The default used to be msn.com

MarkM
07-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Ok so reset in in Internet Options in Control Panel and make sure you hit the APPLY button after any changes...the default will always revert to whatever ISP software you have installed as it has "customised" your browser.

mR.HaAPPY
07-08-2003, 12:45 PM
just get spybot.. works great. i don't know how adware works, it might be the same as spybot, but spybot searches ur comp for spyware proggies and then deletes them, no foolin with ur settings. if u get it, just make sure u don't "immunize", even though it sounds good and all, my friend did it and it totally screwed his comp, he had to uninstall windows and reinstall it... just update and then hit "search and destroy". good stuff

-Carnifex-
07-08-2003, 01:47 PM
No, you don't understand, whenever I reboot the homepage changes, and if I hit default it changes to all these numbers then goes to this search enginge, whereas the default used to be msn.com

MarkM
07-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by -Carnifex-
if I hit default

Cut your quote down as this is where you are going wrong ! of course it will set to something other than what you had before as you moved too much stuff when you ran Ad-aware, but no biggie as you aren't complaining of any other browsing problems (as yet)....set your home page as I told you above and DON'T HIT THE DEFAULT BUTTON !!!! You type what you need to be your home page and then HIT APPLY if I was to do hit default then I would get my ISP's home page not what I have it set to. If you are still confused hit me up with a pm giving your AIM, ICQ or MSN id.