PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly sure HOW to walk trigger....

WilliamEric
07-08-2003, 11:24 AM
I've been trying this a while to get my ROF up in E-mode, but I can't stop doing the same thing i've been doing. Every time I try to walk my fingers on the trigger, it's like my fingers keep the trigger depressed and never allow it to return to firing position to fire again. I know alot of you will think I just need to practice it more, but do you have any tips? Ive been working on it for a while...

Thanks in advance.

-William Ericio

govnamac
07-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Um, make sure you actually move your fingers.

brett
07-08-2003, 11:39 AM
No hes saying that when he moves his finger up the other comes down and keeps the trigger there as his other finger gos back up.(bah I cant explain it in words lol)

dcmander
07-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Harder return? (More magnets?)

darklord
07-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Your return might be too hard... it's a lot easier with a light trigger pull. The way you're describing it (I just tried to do it the way you're describing), you're not walking it fast enough. Walking should just be quick taps, alternating between two of your fingers. Try it on a piece of wood or something, you should be hearing alternating taps on the wood. if not, you're doing it wrong. The trigger shouldn't take that much force to pull (esp. w/ a light trigger), so just focus on quickly moving+alternating your fingers.

TheTramp
07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
You also want to make sure to have the magnet in your trigger set so that it sets off the HAL sensor at the very back/end of your trigger pull. This way you don't have to let the trigger go very far forward on the relise before you can pull it again. This is very important when trying to get the top walking finger to register a trigger pull.

This is all covered in the thread in the tech forum that explains how to set up the E-Mag's trigger.

XVFrontplayer
07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
darklord is right. too much return. other wise you are trying too hard...just let it flow:D

LittlePaintballBoy
07-08-2003, 02:08 PM
take your mouse. have you ever tapped your fingers when you are bored? just do that on your mouse to practice, than do it on your e-mag.ta daaaaa!!!!

Fatjon
07-08-2003, 06:53 PM
I know the concept of walking but i just cant do it. I have had someone stand there and try to teach me but i cant get the rythem down. My middle finer is way slower than my pointy finger and it dont equal out.

TraXeR
07-08-2003, 07:03 PM
guys, this isnt what he's talking about, he means he walks his fingers in a fshion that he pulls his trigger with his first finger, then when he goes to release the trigger and pull it with his alternate finger, he seems that the trigger doesnt snap back and that he just "holds" the trigger againt the grip and not actually agitating. For a crude keyboard drawing:

crud, nvm ,didnt work. not not enough room

sorry guys

afrankart
07-09-2003, 11:28 AM
I had that problem, now when I walk, I try to bounce my fingernails off of the front of the trigger guard. Try that once.

freek133
07-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Thats the same thing I do, try to bounce your fingers (or nails) off of your trigger guard. You'll then find the spacing you need to let the trigger come back up ready to fire again.

Mr Pink
07-09-2003, 11:55 AM
I find that 'Flicking' the edge of the trigger works very well for me (15BPS and counting:) )