PDA

View Full Version : Mag run off 12 grams?

Flanker
07-08-2003, 02:26 PM
Hey I fitted a gas through stock to run off a 12 gram adapter instead of a remote and I want to attach this to my mag to lessen the weight since when I play woods ball I am usually a crawler and would like to use 12 grams instead of my 68 tank sometimes. I was wondering if I could freeze my valve if I were to use the 12 grams I have been told by a friend that 12 grams are filled with CO2 gas not liquid but I am not sure if this is true or not. The gas will go through the stock and then 12 inches of SS cable then the valve so it does not have a lot of time to evaporate so what do you guys think will this work? I mean the sydarm uses 12 grams so this should work right?

Thanks,
-Flanker

LittlePaintballBoy
07-08-2003, 02:43 PM
retro valve or classic? retro you cant run off co2 but it should be fine with a classic;)

GoatBoy
07-08-2003, 02:58 PM
It will work; I've done this before. You'll only get like maybe 15-20 shots, depending on how fast you fire, and whether or not you charged the gun up with another source before sticking the 12g on there.

The 12g cartriges have 'liquid' CO2 in there. They all have liquid pretty much, unless they're empty. Or overheated.

I don't really recommend doing this though. For starters, you're running it with a stock and remote already, I have NO idea what you're going to be buying yourself as far as weight/form factor. That's just... silly.

Second, you've got to get your business done in 15 shots or so, or you'll have to stop and change cartriges. That's going to suck. And don't bother with any of this daydreamy sniper stuff. There are very few situations where you can pull something like that off.

Sometimes I like to goof around and run my gun with a 4oz CO2 tank right there on the gun (well, this was before I got the X-Valve. don't do this with an RT valve, that'd be just stupid). If you gut the AIR valve (take the piston and seat out, so basically it does no regulation) and stick a palmer on the front to do that job, you can practically empty that 4oz bottle while firing and not freeze up the mag.

danheneise
07-08-2003, 07:19 PM
if you gut the valve out do you use the reg for velocity? how does it work, i never thought about that but seems like it'd be good for long time co2 users

Nobody077
07-08-2003, 07:33 PM
I ran my Mag part time on 12grams for about 1 year. I was playing modified stock class, 12grams and >15 balls per reload. The only reason I stoped was the cost, 12grams arent cheap, that and the field doesent have iny kind of stock class now:(

NuthyN
07-08-2003, 11:02 PM
I'm no expert but I have heard before that remotes and SS lines or macro lines should be used with caution reguarding 12 grams. They already have an extremely limited amount of air and the line apparently allows this to expand thus lowering the pressure.

As I have said, I'm not an expert, I was just always told to keep the 12 grams as close to the air input as possible.