PDA

View Full Version : Ee Gats, thats a pinch!

wobbles82
07-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Hey guys, I recently let a friend put his finger in my lvlx :D and he said it kinda hurt his finger. When I do it I really dont feel anything, but he kinda has a point, mine gives a little prick before stopping. This is normal right? So far I have 0 chops through tons of cases, just a little bored and a little mystified, maybe some people are just a little low on pain tolerance? Oh, and also. How many people can use no shims in the power tube? Everytime I try, I get a leak! Every carrier and whatnot has been used but the no shim thing just wont work. :rolleyes: Heh.

Nobody077
07-08-2003, 07:27 PM
You can adjust the pressure of the bolt "pinch" with spring sizes. If your not on the longest spring the try a longer one, if the next longer size is to strong then you can try trimming it a little at a time untill you get it how you want it.
My bolt is strange, Im on the .5 spacer with 1 shim and the longest spring. The bolt is fairly soft, I've seen a few softer, but im on the longest spring so thats how its staying.

68magOwner
07-09-2003, 01:56 PM
i use no shims :D

AcemanPB
07-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Go with largest carrier that doesn't leak and the longest spring. This should give you the softest setup.

Depending on exactly where your finger is also determines how much force you will feel from the bolt. Try shooting your gun with your finger very close to or touching the bolt, after all this is where the paintball would be if the gun tried to chop.

Fuji
07-09-2003, 04:19 PM
I use the 0.5 carrier and no shims. But, am using the shortest spring. Over 6 cases shot, several pinches, 1 barreel break (unrelated to LX). Paint shot was PMI premium, evil, chronic, and ultimate chronic.