PDA

View Full Version : paint to small for my warp?

Nobody077
07-08-2003, 07:15 PM
Ok first I checked Havoc's post but gave up on page 5 after not finding inything.
My problem is the Warp will fill most of the ball stack but as soon as there is iny pressure on the balls the warp wont feed them, the disks just spin. I replaced the feed disks(others look good but thought I would try),replaced the metal diverter with newer plastic type, Have tryed with/without 12v mod, replaced the drive belt/o-ring(just because), played with the 90* feed plug, and tryed a longer warp hose with smother bends. I have tryed RPS Slam and have allso tryed ZAP primer. Iny idea's

PS: I have my dremel in hand thinking about trimming the hub to make the disks closer:eek:

Havoc_online
07-09-2003, 12:20 PM
When using small bore paint, there's a way to keep the grip you need. Take apart the friction drive and outline the outer side of each friction disk with about four strips of electical tape(a square). They should be placed such a distance so when you reassemble the drive, gear 1 and the warp plate are putting pressure on the tape which is also extending it's pressure on the disks just a bit. Try that and let us know how it works.

Nobody077
07-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Thanks Havoc, It looks like it fixed my problem. I dident have iny electrical tape, so made shims from an old PC game box to fit where the tape would have gone. I first tryed plane paper but it wasent thick enough, the game box was the right thickness, and will let me remove the shims if I need to for bigger paint. The disks grab much better now , but will still slip if theres a lot of pressure on the balls. Thanks Again