PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying Commercials?

Paintballer86
08-28-2001, 09:03 PM
Anyone?
I have seen alot lately.
I would have to say it is a threeway tie between:
1. Gap
2. Old Navy
3. Target

------------------
If you run, you will only be marked tired
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintballer86/image001.gif

magman007
08-28-2001, 09:05 PM
i like the new gap one with the guy from snl on it, personally i hate the scoter store comercials, they have these old invalids on scooters line dancing

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

zvanut
08-28-2001, 09:06 PM
McDonalds Monopoly Commercials

------------------
My Mag can beat your spyder w/ no paint.~~~me

Dont worry if it wasnt for losers like u, There couldnt be winners like me.~~~me

My mag is my mag, not yours, so go get your own one and be happy like me. ~me

Zo
08-28-2001, 09:15 PM
CAR COMMERCIALS! I can't stand the freaking things.

Army
08-28-2001, 09:26 PM
Any and all feminine hygiene ads.

------------------
http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/contrib/blackeye/linkcoolMIR.gif EIB

TamaPlaya
08-28-2001, 09:28 PM
This local car insurance (Vern Fonk) commercial...

zvanut
08-28-2001, 09:31 PM
yeah what army said too... http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
My Mag can beat your spyder w/ no paint.~~~me

Dont worry if it wasnt for losers like u, There couldnt be winners like me.~~~me

My mag is my mag, not yours, so go get your own one and be happy like me. ~me

pharcyde
08-28-2001, 11:28 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TamaPlaya:
This local car insurance (Vern Fonk) commercial...</font>

haha i get that commercial up here too.

i also hate the old mentos commercials.

MagMan5446
08-29-2001, 12:15 AM
The one for old people...LifeAlert, advertising a wrist band that you press and it hooks you up to 911. "Help! I'm having a heart attack!" I got that line stuck in my head, how the old guy says it is really really fake.

Funny thing is, you can't venture 100 feet away from the reciever.

Xzion
08-29-2001, 03:08 AM
DITTO ARMY!! Thoes just get right down to discusting at times... *shudders* who comes up with thoes things anyway... *ponders*

MajorDamage
08-29-2001, 04:20 AM
*No excessively large font.*

bofh
08-29-2001, 05:59 AM
The Fox Family Channel ad. It played a few years ago...

Perhaps you've managed to escape the full-frontal horror of this commercial. If so, count yourself among the lucky. After you’ve done that, yank the cable out of the wall, sell the TV and run off to live in a moss-covered shack in the mountains. To do any less is to risk seeing the Fox Family Channel ad and to have your brain permanently scarred. Don’t believe me? Read on.

The ad begins with a shot of a peppy young woman, apparently in the throes of a cocaine overdose.

"Have you heard about the new Fox Family Channel?" she screeches in a voice that sounds like a gymnast being stuffed in a blender. "No? OK! OK! It's like..."

And then this poor hopped-up banshee continues to squeal in increasing frantic tones about how "the Family Channel and Fox got married" and how they have "family programming but not dorky family programming." She shouts out "OK! OK!" with alarming frequency and runs around the set as if chased by demons that only she can see. Finally, her methamphetamine apparently on the wane, she stops spasming long enough to proclaim that the new Fox Family Channel is "Family programming for the new millennium!"

The new millennium, apparently, being unspeakably, awful.

The woman makes me think of crazy things... crazy, unnatural, violent things. And I suspect I'm not alone. Poll a random sampling of the tired souls unfortunate enough to have seen the Fox Family Channel ads, and you'll find that, to a man, everyone is wishing a horrible fate upon the screeching spokeswoman and the people who employ her.

Yes, I know what the Fox folks were thinking... and they are clearly wrong.

That's my vote for the most annoying commercial, ever.

------------------
Shaun Nelson --- old, fat, slow.... did I mention lazy?
Brass Eagle .68 Pistol... It's pure fear in a easily cracked plastic housing.

Load SM5
08-29-2001, 06:35 AM
That Miss Cleo psychic chick.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

Thordic
08-29-2001, 06:46 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Load SM5:
That Miss Cleo psychic chick.

</font>

AHHH!!! I hate that commercial. Not only is she a total fraud (psychic my rear), but she acts so damn stuck-up in the commercial, like she is better than everyone she is talking to(Which isn't too far a stretch, considering any who would pay that woman can't be too intelligent).

But I heard she might get put out of business for breaking some laws. She was overcharging callers or something.

------------------
CamoSplashed MiniMag
S/N MM12913
Clear AGD Warp Feed
14" SP AA

Lots of stuff coming...

Ni cD
08-29-2001, 07:09 AM
Gap, Old Navy...jean commercials?

wyn1370
08-29-2001, 07:42 AM
old Navy?
The ones with the blond in em?
She's hot. I just mute it.

------------------
retro mini (http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/wyn1370/mag1.jpg)

And shepherds we shall be
For thee My Lord for thee
Power hath descended forth from thy hand
That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command
So we shall flow a river forth to thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be
In nomine patre, at file, spiritus sancte.

- MacManus Family Prayer

Dubstar112
08-29-2001, 09:46 AM
i have commercial free tv...... because i only watch movie channels and they are all movie previews

but i would say the gap and the wally world commercials are cheesy

~Backdraft~
08-29-2001, 02:06 PM
I can't stand that nokia commercial with uncle kracker playing in the background.

Hasty8
08-29-2001, 04:10 PM
Old Navy. Like I really need a dog and old lady to tell me what fashion is.

Budweiser. Bring the frogs back. 'nuff said.

Martys shoes. I am starting to hate parrots.

Any feminie hygiene product commercial. There should be a seperate channel for all hygiene products. Male or Female

I like most of the gap ones. Especially the new one for younger girls with all the martial arts stuff. Smokin'! Those 14 year olds could kick my but in!

Old Wendy's {where's the beef?} that commercial made me stop talking to my grand parents.

1-800-call-att or any of the other "long distance phone commercials where stars go to die" spots.

Movies for commercials that are so bad they show the only good scenes in the movie rendering actually seeing the movie moot.

I am sure there are other.

Zo
08-29-2001, 04:17 PM
Like i could care less if i can get a 20 minute phone call for a buck. its called e-mail or im, and IT WORKS! I CAN'T STAND DENNIS MILLER IN THOSE FREAKING COMMERICIALS!

Hasty8
08-29-2001, 04:20 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wyn1370:
old Navy?
The ones with the blond in em?
She's hot. I just mute it.

</font>

I so hope that you are talking about the younger of the two blonds. Not the one with the glasses. If you mean the one with the glasses, one question. What kind of social life do you have! http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

As for the other blond her NAME IS MORGAN FAIRCHILD!!!! Or Jerri Hall. She also did commercials for Old Navy. And I am not so old that you don't know her name. Please, dear god, don't say that I am that old. Speaing of Morgan Fairchild. Anyone see the spt she did in the Eddie Murphy movie a few eyars ago. The one where she was trying to sell this electrical face massager and the guys in the booth were saying "Oh. Do not hand the controls over to him." Just thinking about it makes me giggle in a way that makes my coworker slowly edge for the door.

My girlfriend wants them to bring back the Bud Ice penguins. Dobe-dobe-doo.

BEWARE THE PENGUINS!

Load SM5
08-29-2001, 05:57 PM
I believe he's talking about the current run of Old Navy commercials. The one with all the runway models.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

magman007
08-29-2001, 06:01 PM
"feminine itching is normal and cureable!, Now with a combonation of ky jelly, Vagisil, Monostat numbers 1-7, a few maxi pads and a tampon or to you should be Man free!!!!" female hygine comercials

"oh ooh ohhh.........TROJAN MAN!!!!!!!! neih!! now in colors!!! TROJAN MAN!!!!" horrible commercials for men and women

'IT GOES ON CLEAR!!!!" Who cares as long as i aint smelly for my gf!

------------------

lonelymag
08-29-2001, 07:04 PM
round table's "Chicken Rostadoro" with the two high pitched guys and the radio one with the fake italian guy, i hate em all.

------------------
"Am I evil? Yes I am.
Am I evil? I am man, yes I am!" -James Hetfield

MajorDamage
08-29-2001, 09:25 PM
MISS CLEO IS AWFUL! And in that one shes all like "I love you to death but..." I mean she dosnt know these people and shes telling them she loves them to death? VELVETA! CHEESEY!

ENDO!

------------------
GO HERE!: <A HREF="http://wsnonline.8k.com" TARGET=_blank>http://wsnonline.8k.com

</A>The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

krafty
08-29-2001, 11:11 PM
"Two great Lay-Z-Boy chairs... one great, low price... Two great Lay-Z-Boy chairs... one great, low price... Two great Lay-Z-Boy chairs... one great, low price..."

After having been in radio for 7 years now, I hear this in my sleep. Please, someone make it stop!!!! http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

krafty

wyn1370
08-30-2001, 12:05 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hasty8:
I so hope that you are talking about the younger of the two blonds. Not the one with the glasses. If you mean the one with the glasses, one question. What kind of social life do you have! http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

As for the other blond her NAME IS MORGAN FAIRCHILD!!!! Or Jerri Hall. She also did commercials for Old Navy. And I am not so old that you don't know her name. Please, dear god, don't say that I am that old. Speaing of Morgan Fairchild. Anyone see the spt she did in the Eddie Murphy movie a few eyars ago. The one where she was trying to sell this electrical face massager and the guys in the booth were saying "Oh. Do not hand the controls over to him." Just thinking about it makes me giggle in a way that makes my coworker slowly edge for the door.

My girlfriend wants them to bring back the Bud Ice penguins. Dobe-dobe-doo.

BEWARE THE PENGUINS!

</font>

Sorry I was talking about the new Old Navy girl. The one that says, "You gotta get this look." She's very nice on the eyes. Now the older commercials where the worst. I don't ever want to hear that song about performance fleece again.

TheTramp
08-30-2001, 12:43 PM
The "Striker" family on the Movie Phone ads. They are on TV, radio, and on the big screen before the movie. I just can't seem to get away from them and their movie watching issues.

------------------
"Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
-Charlie Papazian

XspyX
08-30-2001, 12:48 PM
You know that commercial with the women in the BDU typed bathing suits. For that SOFT N DRY stuff?

"Theres more to women than meets the eye,
We're strong and beautiful, no lie.
Soft 'n' Dry is that way too,
Strong and beautiful, justl ike you"

And they dance around like they are soldiers and look really stupid in those dumb sunglasses and are complete phonies.

I have it stuck in my head now... http://www.automags.org/ubb/mad.gif

mykroft
08-30-2001, 01:03 PM
Personally I think they should ban all commercials except Beer commercials. For you non-canadians out there, canadian beer commercials are a work of art. At one point in the mid 90's the most popular show on TV in Canada was a series of Molson Canadian ads starring Jaques and William, a pair of Voyageurs with a penchant for trouble and telling stories about the future. More recently the Joe's rant ad became a national icon.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

Ni cD
08-30-2001, 01:14 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by XspyX:
You know that commercial with the women in the BDU typed bathing suits. For that SOFT N DRY stuff?

And they dance around like they are soldiers and look really stupid in those dumb sunglasses and are complete phonies.

I have it stuck in my head now... http://www.automags.org/ubb/mad.gif</font>

Horrible...horrible...AHHHH!!! I hate that commercial!!!

magman007
08-30-2001, 01:29 PM
Old Navy, Old Navy, Old Navy Performance Fleece!

old woman: you gotta get this look, and in so many colors!
Dog:bark!
woman: for men, women and childern!@
GRRRRRR STUPID OLD NAVY!!!!!!!!!

------------------

MagMan5446
08-30-2001, 03:12 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MajorDamage:
MISS CLEO IS AWFUL! And in that one shes all like "I love you to death but..." I mean she dosnt know these people and shes telling them she loves them to death? VELVETA! CHEESEY!

ENDO!

</font>

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintlayer1286/Reese%20Witherspoon.jpg

I don't know her but I love her to death :þ

LizzaRTgirl14
08-30-2001, 03:19 PM
Ok- so you know the new Old Navyactress or model whatever you wanna call her is named Molly Sims. But I don;t ,mind the Old Navy commercials so much.

Oh.. and I hate all the 'feminine' commercials more than any of you. GAH

MajorDamage
08-30-2001, 04:38 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">You know that commercial with the women in the BDU typed bathing suits. For that SOFT N DRY stuff?

I have it stuck in my head now...

</font>

I HATE THAT ONE TOO! Oh, and lol@ Magman5446!

ENDO!

------------------
GO HERE!: <A HREF="http://wsnonline.8k.com" TARGET=_blank>http://wsnonline.8k.com

</A>The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

User
08-30-2001, 08:09 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by XspyX:

I have it stuck in my head now...
</font>

My vote's in for that one too. The song is so irritating! Makes me cringe whenever I think about it...

[This message has been edited by User (edited 08-30-2001).]

Hasty8
08-31-2001, 07:56 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mykroft:
Personally I think they should ban all commercials except Beer commercials. For you non-canadians out there, canadian beer commercials are a work of art. At one point in the mid 90's the most popular show on TV in Canada was a series of Molson Canadian ads starring Jaques and William, a pair of Voyageurs with a penchant for trouble and telling stories about the future. More recently the Joe's rant ad became a national icon.

</font>

Hmmm. A tv show comprised of only beer commercials. Is it any wonder why Canada is the world power that it is?

Sorry. I just could't resist.

-§on-
09-03-2001, 01:20 PM
Who Deleted my post?

Bailey
09-06-2001, 02:59 PM
The damn Mazda zoom zoom commercials get my vote

Mag89
09-06-2001, 03:37 PM
I hate all commercials especially the buddy carpet and they car ones.:mad:

ben_JD
09-07-2001, 02:24 PM
"Zoom Zoom" (barely audible saliva string breaking in the second "zoom").

MajorDamage
09-07-2001, 04:39 PM
Oh, and the taco bell commercial where those stupid people stomp their feet yelling "WE WILL WE WILL!" and that stupid lady says "stop doing that". That commercial is terrible!

ENDO!

homer3dfx
09-07-2001, 11:56 PM
ALL ADDS suck i cant' stand them but the worst are them GAP adds i'll never shop there NEVER GAP SUCKS THERE ADDS SUCK AHAHAHAHHAHA I"M going crazy hehe

daveymag
03-18-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Ascreennam3
gap!! hahaha...last time someone said something on this was 2001!!!!!!!!hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

shut up.

InfinatyBPS
03-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Ascreennam3
gap!! hahaha...last time someone said something on this was 2001!!!!!!!!hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

POST WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i personaly hate those anti weed commercials... ALL LIES I TELL YOU!!! For more info do a search for my post about how i emailed the association for a drug free america...

Sparq
03-18-2003, 09:06 PM
Anything from Gap, anything with babies (what's with the butt-rubbing in every single diaper commercial?), Rogers cable modem commercials, Welches grap juice....bah. Stupid kids.

Timmee
03-19-2003, 02:32 PM
There's no arguing, the most annoying commercials on TV today are any commercials with Carrot Top in them.