PDA

View Full Version : Home Made marker

Sceever
07-09-2003, 05:03 PM
I'm building my own marker, and i need some tips/ideas, or anything that might help.
The original design has a large gar reservoir connected to an electronic valve, which in turn is rigged up to an old vulcan grip frame. When you pull the trigger the valve opens.
I need to know how i can improve upon the design, or any potential problems. If this sucker works it'll be giving the 'mag a run for its money (ha! and it'll also fire 50+BPS).

sneakyhacker420
07-09-2003, 07:44 PM
good luck

unless you have access to multiple milling machines, this is going to be virtually impossible

also, no one can pull a trigger 50 times per second, and no hopper is capable of feeding at that rate, so the 50bps theory is technically a pile of steaming monkey crap IMO

Sceever
07-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Jeeze, i was being funny (you mag guys are all to serious.)
Actully, the original design will probably end up being a pump, but in time it will be a semi. I can't get the oics to work, but the body has been built. it's bigger than an old shocker, and is just a maze of pipes. It will work though....

laxkid
07-11-2003, 09:41 PM
could you send me pics when you finish at laxkidpaintball@aol.com thanks

Matt_mg
07-12-2003, 10:06 PM
you need only a good ole press drill to make a prototype if you are inventive enough...

The only thing it needs is to work, not be beautifull!

good luck and keep on rockin! (and making paintball products ;))

DJBacon06
07-26-2003, 01:02 AM
oo! oo! oooooo!!!! good luck man! post pics when you are done!!!

Thorpydo
07-26-2003, 04:37 AM
"you need only a good ole press drill to make a prototype if you are inventive enough...

The only thing it needs is to work, not be beautifull! "

Amen! A lathe might help too tho:)

PUDBUDZ
07-28-2003, 08:57 AM
When you pull the trigger and the valve opens...what meters the amount of air comming out....will it just drain the whole air chamber?

Sceever
08-03-2003, 09:09 PM
I'm getting hold of a regulator to limit pressure, which can be read from a pressure gauge at the end of the gun. I think it would drain the air reservoir though, so this'll basicly be an air cannon.

P8ntBallBoom
08-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Maybe try and make it that the electronic switch closes he valve when it is released?

P8ntBallBoom
08-04-2003, 10:48 PM
Maybe try and make it that the electronic switch closes he valve when it is released?

buckwheat05
08-09-2003, 02:20 PM
why r u on this forum u have 2 crapy guns that would never compare 2 the mag let alone comparing some crap gun ur trying 2 make 2 the mag

Thorpydo
08-09-2003, 02:34 PM
Chill dude. There are many people on this forum, myself included, that don't own a mag.

You may have a mag, but you belong on PBNation, if yah know what I mean.

buckwheat05
08-09-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Thorpydo
Chill dude. There are many people on this forum, myself included, that don't own a mag.

You may have a mag, but you belong on PBNation, if yah know what I mean.

it was not made to be an insult to everyone not owning a nice marker all markers serve the same purpose to shoot someone i was just getting pissed cuz this kid is talking crap and he dosnt exactly sound very smart so to all of those w/o high end markers dont take offens to my previous comment

and no i dont know wut u mean when u say i belong on pbnation please clarify

Sceever
08-09-2003, 06:59 PM
I know my guns aren't very good, and from what ive heard the mag isnt to hot either... i still want a mag though
anyways no offence to those who dont judge people on their equipment.
I just want to ask why i dont sound smart. Or is that because i use brass eagle too?

Redkey
08-10-2003, 04:37 AM
I believe that the reference to you belonging on pbnation is based on two things.

1. Your use of "u", "r", "2", "wut", "cuz" and "offens" remove any sense of credibility from your post. When people write like that it makes them look uneducated and lazy. If you ever want to be taken seriously you need to use proper English, at least on this board, the guild and just about any job that pays more than minimum wage.

2. Attacking someone for posting an idea. Unless you have something positive to contribute why say anything at all? I read his post... I saw nothing wrong with it, so what if he wants his project to have a higher rate of fire than a mag? He's hardly talking crap about anything.

3. (ok, I lied) You insulted his choice of guns. Who cares what kinds of markers he uses? Does that change anything at all?

In the future you might want to read more posts to get the "feel" of the group before you post. I have been reading this and the deep blue groups for quite some time and this is the first post I have seen where a person has attacked another persons idea, intelligence and equipment.

Anyhow, stick around and see what ideas other people are coming up with and when you have something postive to contribute feel free to join in on the conversation.

DWill
08-14-2003, 06:31 PM
Anyhow, stick around and see what ideas other people are coming up with and when you have something postive to contribute feel free to join in on the conversation.
Amen

Anyhow Sceever good luck with your project, once I get the know how and the tools one day I would like to try and do the same.