PDA

View Full Version : American Beauty

gmag
09-03-2001, 03:36 PM
That is a damn good movie. It's number one on my list. What's with the roses, though?

Xzion
09-03-2001, 07:38 PM
I loved that movie too, Kevin Spacey is an awsome actor... I just love the dry humor... kinda reminds me of my family lol http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

MagMan5446
09-03-2001, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't say it is the best movie. That would go to The Usual Suspects. Kevin Spacy does a good job in that too.

gmag
09-03-2001, 11:23 PM
All of my friends have been telling me to see the Usual Suspects, but I have never got around to it. Maybe I'll watch it this weekend.

RobAGD
09-05-2001, 11:53 PM
Usual Suspects is a great film. All my friends beat me down and made me watch it :)

Glad they did it was agreat movie.

Amercian Beauty was an AWSOME film, way better than he awards it recived.

Then again I have a rather elceletic(sp) taste in films

-Robert

MagMan5446
09-06-2001, 08:59 PM
The Usual Suspects is one of, if not the, best damn movies I've ever seen.

Twiek
09-06-2001, 10:02 PM
The Usual Suspects is one of those movies that you have to watch over and over again to really appreciate it.....

I'm pretty good at picking up stuff in movies, but I can still watch it and find something I didn't see before :) It is probably one of the most skillfully crafted movies of all time.

One of my favs is the Big Lebowski. I probably watched it 40 times this summer.... you keep picking up on things in this one too.... and it's SO funny! (One interesting fact: You never see the Dude bowl!)

"The Dude Abides"

Jeb_Hoge
09-07-2001, 11:01 AM
Bah...American Beauty was a case of the emperor's new clothes. It's a sullen, ugly film that points fingers at its view of "middle America" while ignoring the horrid Hollywood culture that decided to trumpet it. If there was a high point to the movie, it was Kevin Spacey's descent into juvenilism, and that was the high point only in that it provided a cathartic release for those of us who might feel that way sometime but know how immature it really makes you. People said it was great because they thought that's what they were supposed to think, and the filmmakers laughed (at us) all the way to the bank and to the stage at the Oscars.

liquidthunder
09-07-2001, 07:33 PM
i thought it was good, you got to see 2 hot girls boobs, there was drugs, all that was missing was some good rock n roll. j/k ^_^, it was allright, deffinatly not one of my top 10 tho