PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for hanging gun display/rack to show off toys...

cledford
07-09-2003, 08:30 PM
All,

For anyone who may have noted my lack of presence around here recently, I've finally completed the over-riding process that consumed the last 8 months of my life - the purchase of my first home.

Now that I've got all kinds of space and can break away from having to keep all of my gear boxed up in plastic crates, I'd like to proudly display my marker colection. Let's see, got an Emag, RTpro, Timmy, Shocker, 2 handbuild cockers, and a pump - each with it's own dedicated air system and loader (several with warps). I'd like to come up with a rack/display that will look CLASSY to display the complete markers (with all goodies attached) to take advantage of all of my new space. IT will also be cool to just grab a marker and go - as opposed to have to drag out 3 different crates and assemble everything when I want to use one.

My requirements are:

needs to look GOOD - no cheesiness here.

needs to hold markers fairly securely - don't want them flopping/sliding around.

Needs to be gentle on markers - don't want any scratches.

Would prefer no wood. This isn't a requirement - but it gets back to the "classy" part - I can actually do finish carpentry fairly well - but still don't like the look of most cobbled together wood holders.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Calvin

FreakBaller12
07-09-2003, 09:21 PM
if you have the bucks go look on gear and pick up a gun stand for each of your guns
a bit expensive but will look very nicely havign the guns lined up on a shelf or something

Animal Mother
07-09-2003, 09:51 PM
"Ah gun rack?!? I don't even own 'Ah Gun', let alone enough guns to necessitate the need for a Gun rack! What am I going to do... with a gun rack?!?!"-Wayne's World

:D

Doc Nickel
07-09-2003, 10:20 PM
I've built quite a few over the years. The upstairs of my shop looks like a museum display. :D

Check out the front page of my site: http://www.docsmachine.com/

The Stroker is hanging on a steel "wire" rack- it's designed to hang on the wall, and has two hooks to hold the gun, spaced out enough to clear a loader and elbow as well. It's bare steel now, been thinking of having it chromed or powdercoated.

If you look closely, it's kind of a "paintball" motif, and the hooks have worked well for any number of markers, by simply turning the whole rack a little. It'll hold any 'Cocker (which I designed it for) my Sov, a Typhoon, a 'Mag (classic anyway) the Stroker, etc. With a redsigned rear hook, it'll hold a Shocker, or whatever else might be a little different shaped.

I also made a couple of these:

http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/ironstand.jpg

Though that might be a little "frilly" for some, I think the ironwork is kind of interesting.

I have a wood one I made for my green cannon 'Cocker that's actually rather elegant, and I have some partially-built ones for various other guns using things like small deer antlers and fake rocks.

Doc.

Brett23
07-10-2003, 07:39 AM
Doc old boy that stand is gorgeous. Only thing I might have changed would have been to sharpen the ends of each of the bars into points. Would have made it look more gothic, and less frilly. I still want 1 though. No make that 3. Nedd 2 more for when I get an eblade cocker, and a X mag. (dreaming):p

mark_426
07-16-2003, 08:43 PM
check out ricochet's site, they have 3 and 6 gun racks... somehow they hold the markers on.. i never really checked it out, but the link is here (http://www.ricochet2k.com/Order.htm)

let me know what you think

Richter
07-16-2003, 10:33 PM
peg board with some pegs on it? that what i have.

Ov3rmind
07-17-2003, 02:39 AM
Whatever you do, be sure to post pics when you're done.:)

SIGSays
07-17-2003, 04:31 AM
go to viewloader.. the site. and get a free store display... prolly not free... then paint over the VL logo... and hang your guns on there